You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shift work and Nights.

lifetime fan

• 2 months later...

Been doing 12 hour shifts now since November, it's getting tougher on me physically for sure.  I used to think the free time was worth it but doing four straight means a days recovery anyway.

But I'm paid very fucking well for it so I suppose I'm one of the luckier hamsters.

• 2 months later...

Fuck all by the sound of it

Well so far ive painted a few WW2 miniature for my wargames, watched the unmentionable and have eaten a ice cream mars bar. 

Still another 4.5/5hrs to go so unsure of what excitement is awaiting me

• 4 months later...

Started a new job beginning of this month - so a new shift pattern. 

12.5 hour shifts, 2 week rolling rota, every other weekend off, 3 days off week 1, 4 days off week 2. 

Plan it right and 2 days leave gives you 7 days off, that’ll do me nicely.

Week 1

Monday 07:45 - 20:15

Tuesday 07:45 - 20:15

Wednesday OFF

Thursday OFF

Friday OFF

Saturday 07:45 - 20:15

Sunday 07:45 - 20:15

Week 2

Monday OFF

Tuesday OFF

Wednesday 07:45 - 20:15

Thursday 07:45 - 20:15

Friday 07:45 - 20:15

Saturday OFF

Sunday OFF

3 week cycle:

wk 1: 3 x 12 hour days, 7am - 7pm - Wed to Fri. Off until Monday night

wk 2: 3 x 12 hour nights, 7pm - 7am - Mon to Wed (Thurs 7am). Off until Monday morning

wk 3: 2 x 12 hour days (Mon - Tues)  Off Wednesday, 2 x nights (1 x 12hr & 1x 9hr) in Thursday night and Friday night (9 hrs) until 4am. Off until Wednesday.

No weekends and 25 days annual leave = 300 hours. 

If you can sleep and look after yourself when on nights, it's great.

I'm in tonight and finished at 7am tomorrow. Monday is a bank holiday here and I've taken Tuesday off so I'm out until next Thursday at 7pm for the price of a days holiday. 

• 4 months later...

Sitting here groaning out load and bored as fuck. 3hrs left and im off for two weeks. 

Bored fucking shitless

Got one room to decorate and order carpets then free time to sit and relax.

Fucking need it after this room,not had a proper few days off in months.

Oh and also pissed off as i had to pin 4 blister bubbles where i burnt myself without realising on a hot water bottle earlier trying to help with a sore stomach and back. 

Fuck tonight

I need a fucking drink

On 14/04/2018 at 15:35, Grinch said:

I get some cunt spilits....like doing a Saturday night then onto Monday day, it's impossible to shift your sleep so quick.   Always on one week nights-one week days.

Ha,  I thought that was bad.

We mustn't have been doing Sundays then.   Thursday to Sunday 7-7 days,  Monday to Wednesday 7-7 nights.   Feel like death warmed up. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Loved the job and patients, fed up of working for cunts. 

Yeah, I was feeling that before I swapped to nights. Now I'm the only fucker hear for the best part of 10 hours a night and it's great. Only downside is the shit you can do working nights in the evening. But then I can go cinema when it's empty in the afternoon so swings roundabouts and all that 

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Yeah, I was feeling that before I swapped to nights. Now I'm the only fucker hear for the best part of 10 hours a night and it's great. Only downside is the shit you can do working nights in the evening. But then I can go cinema when it's empty in the afternoon so swings roundabouts and all that 

It had got to the point if I didn’t leave I’d have been sacked next month anyway. 

Need to find something pretty quickly.