You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Famous people you've met.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpCU_Hp6H_cRkfQM3KpY4RANjNiZIFQVrwG3-A2i08-rABLi7Q

Met him in tesco about 1 month ago.

Who is he?

In my case, the 'met' bit is pretty vague, but:

The Queen

Princess Diana (I was about 2 years old so I have to take my mum's word on these two, in the absense of any photographic evidence)

Richard Noble

A whole bunch of past and present Leicester Tigers (Dusty Hare, Martin Johnson, Lewis Moody, George Chuter, Tom Varndell and Martin Castrogiovanni, all in different places rather than some match or event where they were all together)

A whole bunch of Leicester City f******lers

Maxi Jazz

Tamara Ecclestone

I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

Most/all of my encounters have been negative because I've been a dick.

Dennis Healey near Parliament on a school trip around 1981 ("are you Mike Yarwood?")

John Thaw outside Lewis's in town (around 1986/7) when he was filming: "you're nicked" was totally ignored.

His wife, Sheila Hancock, in 2008 (didn't ask her about the snub as it was water under the bridge by then).

Keira Knightly - tried to chat her up in Teddington in 2005 but her mum came out of the polling station and she turned into a shy girl (she was legal at the time by the way). Yes, politics can be exciting.

Peter Hitchens - took part in a debate against him in 2008. He is clever but a total twat. Changed the subject when his hypocrisy was pointed out.

Some of the La's at a party in 1986 in Toxteth - I think one of them was chasing the dragon. Not sure as my head was fucked 10 seconds after entering the attic.

Ainsley Harriot - got barged out the way in a Cafe Nero in Wandsworth Common whilst he looked at the cakes like a kid in a sweet shop.

Anthony Hopkins - in Waterstones in the West End last year. thought I knew him and said alright mate how are you doing? He looked confused and I realised who he was and left.

Nick Cave - Kemp Town festival a few weeks ago. Just said 'hi' to him. Best celebrity meeting ever.

Met Jay Rayner today in the food market behind the Southbank. Big bloke and seemed nice enough. He was laying into some tasty falafels with his family

Saw that other food critic Charles Campion in a Balham curry house a few years ago. His neck is wider than his waist!

Fred West

Many moons ago when I was a teenager we moved from Malvern to Worcester and as I wasnt old enough to have a moped, used to hitchhike to and from in order to see mates etc.

The one day I got a lift off a bloke and a young girl and i was on the front bench seat of their van, next to the door with the young girl between me and the driver. I saw him nudge her and she put her hand between my legs and looked at me with sad eyes (fuck off before anyone starts). I looked at him and saw him leering at her. Anyway, we got to a roundabout and he slow down and i jumped the fuck out.

I'm 100% sure it was Fred West and his daughter. When it all came to light I read that a number of victims were from Worcester and he used to go trawling with his daughter and watch her shag blokes

Fella I know was in a shop in Ledbury once and overheard one older lady say to another "I shagged that Fred West. He were no good." As someone who has probably been to Ledbury, you can imagine the accent properly for the full effect.

Fella I know was in a shop in Ledbury once and overheard one older lady say to another "I shagged that Fred West. He were no good." As someone who has probably been to Ledbury, you can imagine the accent properly for the full effect.

Jesus fucking Christ- you'd keep that one to yourself!

I met Alex Stewart' date=' Mike Gatting, Neil Fairbrother and Paul Collingwood last year. All were brilliant except Stewart who was an arrogant arsehole.[/quote']

Me and mates went to a questions and answer session with Gatt and other cricketers before a test match a few years ago.

Cracking session, loads of good cricket chat. Except for Gatting as he got annoyed as the only questions he got were about food.

I think questions included, where did the best tea Gatt? Did you like the food on tour? Did you boycott curry after the umpire argument? All a bit silly really, but it was funny.

Me and mates went to a questions and answer session with Gatt and other cricketers before a test match a few years ago.

Cracking session, loads of good cricket chat. Except for Gatting as he got annoyed as the only questions he got were about food.

I think questions included, where did the best tea Gatt? Did you like the food on tour? Did you boycott curry after the umpire argument? All a bit silly really, but it was funny.

To be fair Gatt did have his lunch with us so stayed at our table longest!

I met Alex Stewart, Mike Gatting, Neil Fairbrother and Paul Collingwood last year. All were brilliant except Stewart who was an arrogant arsehole.

alec stewart gave me a lancashire cricket cap at huyton cricket club in about 99. seemed decent enough.

alec stewart gave me a lancashire cricket cap at huyton cricket club in about 99. seemed decent enough.

That's like me giving away a Utd hat, means nothing to him. Honestly all the people there had the same opinion. All the rest were personable and happy to chat but he was aloof and arrogant.

I met Nigel Benn, briefly, during his DJ phase. I was whizzing my tits off at the time. He's smaller than I thought he'd be, I remember thinking 'fucking hell, I reckon I could do him'. Don't know if I was thinking out loud, he read my mind, or he's just used to motorheads, but the look he gave me definitely said 'no you fucking couldn't pal'.

As a schoolboy I boxed at the same show as Zammo from grange hill. He was a talented boxer and could have probably made a living as a pro, but once the smack gets hold of you...

I've also met John Conteh and Charlie Magri (seperately), both very nice people.

I can well imagine "shaaaaaagged"

Apparently he used to hang around under the corn exchange building, the one on stilts. Not him, the building, that would have been silly Fred West on stilts, mind you he was a short bloke.