You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Famous people you've met.

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

Mrs Williams asked for Bruce Forsyth’s autograph at a golf club when she was a child and he brusquely told her to go away. She has hated him ever since. 

Doesn’t surprise me. I bet he was a complete cunt away from the tv cameras. Something deeply sinister about him, I never got why he got his bollocks licked by everyone. Like the Roy Hodgson of the tv world.

• Upvote 1

I shared a lift up the sagrada familiar towers and then walked ahead of (on the way up the tiny spiral staircase to the very top) and behind (on the way back down) then Scotland manager Craig Brown when I’m Barcelona for our 0-0 champions league group match in 2001/02 season. Our first time in the champions league.

chatted a bit, but not much, seemed a nice bloke.

met various members of Ash after one of their Liverpool uni gigs while I was a student, as my mate (who was also in the lift with Craig Brown) went to school and was good mates when you get with one or more of them.  They were nice enough lads.

hung out with the singer and one of the guitarists from Millencolin ( @Pidge might be the only person this resonates with?) as my mates band supported them in 3 uk gigs and then a European tour. Was drinking back stage in my mates bands dressing room for a bit then they had to fuck off to head up to their next days gig location so we knocked on Millencolins room door and got invited in to drink with them. Singers a bloody good egg.

5 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

A bloke from my old work went to school at Altrincham Grammar and said Fred the Weatherman was teaching there at the time. He maintains they made them do their swimming lessons naked. 

Kindly, genial Fred Talbot. Utter twat. Got released on licence a couple of years ago. 

The justice system in this country is a fucking joke.

12 minutes ago, Geoff Woade said:

A bloke from my old work went to school at Altrincham Grammar and said Fred the Weatherman was teaching there at the time. He maintains they made them do their swimming lessons naked. 

Alty and Manchester grammar both did their swimming lessons naked until the 80’s. 

Condensation ruined many a wank for me. 

7 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Noel Gallagher was fortunate to meet me in a hotel lobby in Osaka once, he was thrilled.

Noel is pally with the missus' uncle. They met at a C*ty game and got on famously, which, if you'd met her uncle, would strike you as a bit odd.

• 7 months later...
On 23/08/2021 at 11:14, Elite said:

Walked past Tim Westwood in Magaluf through the day time . Remember him looking at us all and saying "easy guys." Like he thought he was the coolest motherfucker on the planet.  

Seemed sound though, to be fair.

Also remember David Dunn giving it the big un' in a bar, seemed like a complete prick.

He’s about to be accused of being a sexual predator over decades. What is it with BBC DJs ? 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Can't remember if I replied to this, but William Shatner, Jo Blythe TV weather girl, Gordon Brown, George Osborne, John Mcdonnell, Angela Rayner, Tommy Wiseau from 'The Room'.  

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

I was working with Jeff Brazier (Jade Goody's ex husband) at Wrexham a couple of weeks back. 

Yeah, I think Secsh wins this round.

• Upvote 1

Mentioned this before but my dad was interviewed as a potential Yorkshire Ripper suspect.

Had it been him, that would have been a good one for this thread.

As it wasn’t, the best I’ve got is Chris Kamara who once told, in a pub toilet, that I’d never amount to anything. 

1 minute ago, YorkshireRed said:

Mentioned this before but my dad was interviewed as a potential Yorkshire Ripper suspect.

Had it been him, that would have been a good one for this thread.

As it wasn’t, the best I’ve got is Chris Kamara who once told, in a pub toilet, that I’d never amount to anything. 

You must have been a terrible shag mate!

• Upvote 4