You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Famous people you've met.

The Pogues - some of the nicest people you could ever meet, Shane was blootered everytime I met them.

The Charlatans - The drummer was very nice but Tim Burgess seemed a right cock.

Ian Brown - Only said hello, he was eyeing up my jacket.

Dido - Ridiculously hot

Sean Paul - Sound as fuck

Jan Molby - He was great but I was speechless

Bill McLaren - My PE teacher at Primary School, he didn't like me because I used to turn up in a Liverpool kit. Called my brother and me 'the Football poofs'. Probably wouldn't get away with that now, bless him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

The Pogues - some of the nicest people you could ever meet, Shane was blootered everytime I met them.

The Charlatans - The drummer was very nice but Tim Burgess seemed a right cock.

Ian Brown - Only said hello, he was eyeing up my jacket.

Dido - Ridiculously hot

Sean Paul - Sound as fuck

Jan Molby - He was great but I was speechless

Bill McLaren - My PE teacher at Primary School, he didn't like me because I used to turn up in a Liverpool kit. Called my brother and me 'the Football poofs'. Probably wouldn't get away with that now, bless him.

The commentators commentator when it comes to Rugby Union.

Ive met a few rock stars either at Meet & Greets ( fanboy stuff I know but I dont care) or backstage when I had "connections"

Slayer - Tom Araya is an absolute dude. Kerry King.....less so

Megadeth - Dave Mustaine was great, the whole band too actually

Black Sabbath - Ozzy was great, gave me a hug, Geezer and Tony were more reserved

Joe Satriani - top bloke

Rory Gallagher - lovely man

Cozy Powell - I was dumbstruck to meet him, my favourite drummer and a hero as a kid, again a lovely man

Michael Schenker - a very shy man but was cool with photos and chatting

Talking of people who play a certain sport, I was working in Cologne a few years ago and I met Tony Woodcock, he was an agent out there after finishing playing there, was happy to chat and seemed a very nice man.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Ive met a few rock stars either at Meet & Greets ( fanboy stuff I know but I dont care) or backstage when I had "connections"

Slayer - Tom Araya is an absolute dude. Kerry King.....less so

Megadeth - Dave Mustaine was great, the whole band too actually

Black Sabbath - Ozzy was great, gave me a hug, Geezer and Tony were more reserved

Joe Satriani - top bloke

Rory Gallagher - lovely man

Cozy Powell - I was dumbstruck to meet him, my favourite drummer and a hero as a kid, again a lovely man

Michael Schenker - a very shy man but was cool with photos and chatting

Talking of people who play a certain sport, I was working in Cologne a few years ago and I met Tony Woodcock, he was an agent out there after finishing playing there, was happy to chat and seemed a very nice man.

Cozy Powell rep.

It was a bitter sweet day, that. My dad spent ages trying on leather jackets in Petticoat Lane, only to come away empty handed, as he was looking for a jacket identical to the one he’d bought in 1970. Whereas, I bought a Denmark ‘86 shirt from a Hummel surplus store and an enamel pin badge from the QPR club shop.

• Upvote 1

Think I've put this here before and not sure he classes as a celebrity. My mate was pissed and Clint Boon was the dj. My mate staggered up and demanded a refund as he bought an inspiral carpets greatest hits cd and told Boon there were no hits on it. Thing is Clint Boon went mad and tried come out for a ruck 

Bouncers threw my mate out. So he and my other mate end up somewhere else. Walking for taxi later they seen him loading his stuff into his car. My mate shouted " oi Boon you owe me a tenner" 

13 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Mrs williard stood with Jimmy White in the road adjacent to our house and together they watched his flat burn out whilst drinking tea.  She said he was surprisingly stoical about it. I expect there was a healthy insurance claim. 

Did she get a decent wedge for setting the fire?

• Upvote 1