You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Famous people you've met.

• 1 year later...

Saw something about Fiz from coronation street in the mirror the other day. remember seeing her in a club in Manchester when I was about 25 and told her she was a twat the way she treated les battersby. Funnily enough she laughed and was sound.

A few week later we saw her tying her lace and my mate kicked her up arse and knocked her over. She didn't laugh. nice girl though even if she does have a face like a rugby ball.

anyone else met anyone. no football obviously. wrong part of town for that shit

Jamie, the guitarist from Space. Used to play a certain unmentionable sport with him in Sefton Park. Proper old school stuff, jumpers for g**lposts.

Pete Wylie of local 1980's pop music fame. My ma knows him and he's always hanging around a guitar shop by ours.

I also went to school with the bloke who played Jerome Johnson in Brookie/"Tanktop" in one of the Hollyoaks spin offs.

Had a Chrsistmas job in Dixons when I was in 6th form. Lenny Henry and Dawn French came in. I ignored him when he tried to push to the front of the queue, but ended up serving her (she waited her turn).

Henry was a loud, obnoxious, twat who turned down a couple of little kids asking for autographs. French was quiet and very polite.

*and in the midst of texting that disturbed lads trying to break into next door's car but they were gone by the time I got outside*

I've smoked a joint with Winona Ryder and met Mulder and Sculley on X-files sets a few times (everyone in Vancouver has).

I complimented him on his blue adidas sneakers and suit.

Winona is a babe, but really really small.

• Upvote 4

Bobby Gee from Bucks Fizz, advised him whether he needed planning permission for a snooker room

Dave Pearce - dealt with his planning app, he wasn't over friendly, I was an inconvenience to him I think

Daniela Denby Ashe, from Eastenders and my family, visited her flat on a listed building inspection

All the members of British Sea Power, my ex went to uni with 2 of them and was best mates with the lead guitarists girlfriend. Noble and his missus stayed in our spare room for 2 weeks while they had the damp course in their flat done

Ronnie from the Killers. Toured with BSP so my ex knew them. Had a pizza and few pints with him and his wife in Brighton seafront. He likes Scousers

Neil Tennant, back stage at a gig, he wasn't impolite, probably gets loads of people talking to him, seemed distant

Nick Cave - backstage at a gig, but saw him around in hove quite a bit, only spoke to him at the gig though

Robin Cousins - visited his house to assess an objection to a neighbours planning app

Bernard Langer, bought a cornetto for himself and feast for his daughter from me when I worked at southport fair. Had a massive was of cash

David Duval - same year of the open at birkdale, he was at a hotel bar getting served at the same time, I asked him how he was finding UK

Jamelia - met her in a pub in Brum. She was totally lovely in every way. She knew an ex work colleague so was dropping in to see her

Eric Bristow

Rick Witter

Bonehead

Mani

Sylvia Plath

Really?  Almost as impressive as Isaac from Loveboat...

Reading RJs, I forgot about music people.  I have met loads as part of my old job.

Nothing to do with my old job, but I shook hands with James Brown in a motorway service station.  I'm sure I've mentioned it on here before.

I think this should be "Obscure famous people..."