You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Famous people you've met.

48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've met more famous but never a better moment I don't think. Celtic Park my dad had got us director seats for my 21st (We both agreed afterwards that we hate corporate and would rather be in the stands or as he put it, in with the pie & the sweat) walking back up from the bar after half time and Tommy Burns was stood talking at the top of the steps. Awe struck I just went "Alright Tommy" and he stopped his conversation, turned, grabbed my hand and went "alright son" with the warmth of a man who would stop for anyone. A truly great fella. I remember leaving an exes house one morning to go home and get changed for work (the day after r*ngers smashed manchester to pieces) and my Dad texting me to tel me the great man had passed away. Got into mine and had a box of old programmes under my bed that I took from my dads to read while I was away. The programme on the top was Tommy Burns testimonial against Liverpool. I sat holding it and cried my eyes out. 

06793.jpg EcEs5iWWsAE5c4t.jpg

ECbjgQBWsAQDaG3.jpg

One of the greatest men to have walked the earth. Says a lot about the man that two of the men that carried his coffin were Walter Smith and Ally McCoist. 

I'm sure only Tony and Docker will watch this but what a man

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I've met more famous but never a better moment I don't think. Celtic Park my dad had got us director seats for my 21st (We both agreed afterwards that we hate corporate and would rather be in the stands or as he put it, in with the pie & the sweat) walking back up from the bar after half time and Tommy Burns was stood talking at the top of the steps. Awe struck I just went "Alright Tommy" and he stopped his conversation, turned, grabbed my hand and went "alright son" with the warmth of a man who would stop for anyone. A truly great fella. I remember leaving an exes house one morning to go home and get changed for work (the day after r*ngers smashed manchester to pieces) and my Dad texting me to tel me the great man had passed away. Got into mine and had a box of old programmes under my bed that I took from my dads to read while I was away. The programme on the top was Tommy Burns testimonial against Liverpool. I sat holding it and cried my eyes out. 

06793.jpg EcEs5iWWsAE5c4t.jpg

ECbjgQBWsAQDaG3.jpg

One of the greatest men to have walked the earth. Says a lot about the man that two of the men that carried his coffin were Walter Smith and Ally McCoist. 

If I was a season ticket holder I'd rep this post.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've come across that weirdo Uri Geller a couple times, mother fucking spoon bender. Managed to confuse him, then on a separate occassion, wait for it, watch him bend a fucking spoon.

Shook D*mian Duff's hand in the nightclub seemingly mentioned a lot on here - Tokyo Jo's of Preston. He immediately returned to chatting up a hot woman. Fair enough. Also saw Ronnie O'Sullivan there smashed in the VIP section with a bird and a bottle of Stella in each arm.

Bill Oddie. What's rude about a body? Tits?

Saw Matthew Stevens about in town in Preston, he was there for a tournament. My brain hadn't quite kicked in, so when I recognised him I nodded to him thinking he was a mate of a mate. This confused him.

Barry Fry shopping in MK shopping centre. Quite some story that, I know.

Julian Barrett in the pub in Kentish town. Somehow it amazed me that his mannerisms were the same as his character in Nathan Barley. 

• Upvote 1

Walked past Tim Westwood in Magaluf through the day time . Remember him looking at us all and saying "easy guys." Like he thought he was the coolest motherfucker on the planet.  

Seemed sound though, to be fair.

Also remember David Dunn giving it the big un' in a bar, seemed like a complete prick.

7 minutes ago, Remmie said:

I've come across that weirdo Uri Geller a couple times, mother fucking spoon bender. Managed to confuse him, then on a separate occassion, wait for it, watch him bend a fucking spoon.

My uncle went to Uri's wedding. They met at the Jewish Telegraph’s 50th anniversary dinner; Uri managed to break the Liverpool Lord Mayoral chain with his, ahem, psychic powers.

Michael Jackson was the best man. Jacko was "very quiet", apparently. I suppose he still is.

• Upvote 1

I was with my brother when he queued to have a photo with James Richardson. It was the evening it was announced LFC had apologised to Southampton and wouldn't be pursuing VVD. I was pissed off and in no mood to queue to meet anyone but Jimbo was sound. The same as is he is on telly.

Walking round town a couple of winters ago shopping with my lad and every shop we went into, Tony fucking Bellew was in there.

Let me tell you it was fucking freezing and I couldn’t have been more wrapped up. Tone’s walking round in t shirt and shorts trying to eyeball everyone.

I wouldn’t say it to his face cos he’s massive but what an absolute gobshite.

My mate Kevin , who had very poor taste in jumpers , got a driving gig ferrying a load of the Changing Room type crew around for a Matalan promotion. At one store the celebs finally emerged after hours and he excitedly waved to them across the car park. Laurence Llewellyn Bowen strode up to him , pecked him on the cheek and said ' No need for the dancing , Kev , I was never going to miss that knitwear '.

He said LLB was a delight and very generous , Linda Barker was nice and gorgeous but those two Scottish pricks , Justin and the other one , were horrible and whiny and long overdue a good kicking.

I stroked a little doggy that was being walked by an elderly woman in Notting Hill about twenty years ago. My mate told me the woman was Irene Handl out of Metal Mickey but I'd never heard of her, or indeed Metal Mickey. I've just looked her up and she died in 1987 so he must have been lying. Nice dog though. Very friendly. 

• Upvote 1

Attended a f**tb*ll camp in Leeds when I was a kid, with coaches including Eddie and Frank Gray. In the big kickaround at the end of the week, I tackled Eddie Gray, which would be a career highpoint. All downhill from there. Also briefly met John Lukic.

Cilla Black, when she surprised our pottery/drama teacher Mr Preston at school. So there's an episode of Surprise Surprise where you can briefly see my arm and the side of my face.

Frank Sidebottom in Church Street, after he gave a short free concert. He was signing autographs with a pencil someone had given him and not reclaimed. "One of the perks of the job" he said as he pocketed the pencil.

Sir Simon Hughes, as my cousin was running his leadership campaign.

Michael Barrymore after I went to see him in Scrooge at The Empire as part of an ironic joke between friends that went a bit too far. Resisted the temptation to have my photo taken with him, although I took photos of them with him.

Phil Oakey when I was walking down an otherwise deserted Castle Street with @Special K one Saturday morning. He walked right past us with his earphones in but after a brief moment when I thought I might be dreaming I yelled his name and he came back to chat briefly. Was very nice as I blurted out about how I had been a Human League fan since I was a kid and I would be seeing them that night in Southport. And he gave me a shout out at the concert too. One of the few occasions when I've seriously wondered whether there was some higher power in the universe because how often do you randomly bump into the lead singer of one of your favourite bands in the street.

Glenn Cockerill at @Special K's wedding. Nice fella, even though I was very, very drunk and described him as "the f**tb*ll guy" to his face.

• Upvote 4

Simon Gregson, jenny mcalpine, Eva pope, Suzanne Hall, Georgia May Foote ( all coronation street) fat Sam, dave whelan, el hadj diouf, abdoulaye faye, Victor moses ( fo*otball)

king Kenny, Ian rush, Bruce, John Barnes, Ronnie rosenthal  emile heskey ( reds) Andy Fordham,  Ricky Hatton, Jamie Lomas

Probably a few I've missed, mostly all sound apart from moses, Steve Mcdonald was a miserable fucker as well