You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Famous people you've met.

Haven't met many if I'm honest

I did get Wayne mccullough, the Olympic silver medalists from Barcelona and bantamweight world champions autograph the night he announced he was turning pro. I was only 10, then met him again in Las Vegas at a ufc back in 2004. I was getting a pint in the arena and he was standing beside me, I told him the story on how I got good autograph as a kid. He couldn't have been any nicer. What a lovely guy and one of my all time favourite fighters. 

Also met Tim lovejoy in Glastonbury, the year he left soccer am. I Amartya presumed he'd be a right knobhead and it couldn't have been further from the truth. He was there with his girlfriend of the time and his ex wife and her fella. He really was a sound guy, said the vip section was full of absolute bellends so he left and slummed it with the every day punters. 

Actually coming to think of it, I met a few ufc fighters at that ufc I was at. I remember Frank mir was sound, but the late Kevin Randleman was an absolute wanker. 

That's about it really

• Upvote 1

Richard Wilson (Victor Meldrew). I was waiting for a colleague whilst she dawdled in Pret, just opposite the National Portrait Gallery, quietly drinking my coffee when he backed into me. He then scowled like it was my fault, so I told him to fuck off.

Another lunchtime adventure was when I went to Waterstones in Covent Garden. Went down to browse the cinema section and said hello to someone I thought I knew. It was Anthony Hopkins. I got embarrassed and flustered and he gave me the Hannibal Lector stare; then he burst out laughing. As I slid off, he said goodbye. Seemed like a nice guy.

Nick Cave a few times, in Kemptown in Brighton. Used to say hello in passing. He's very thin, and always smartly dressed. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Haven't met many if I'm honest

I did get Wayne mccullough, the Olympic silver medalists from Barcelona and bantamweight world champions autograph the night he announced he was turning pro. I was only 10, then met him again in Las Vegas at a ufc back in 2004. I was getting a pint in the arena and he was standing beside me, I told him the story on how I got good autograph as a kid. He couldn't have been any nicer. What a lovely guy and one of my all time favourite fighters. 

Also met Tim lovejoy in Glastonbury, the year he left soccer am. I Amartya presumed he'd be a right knobhead and it couldn't have been further from the truth. He was there with his girlfriend of the time and his ex wife and her fella. He really was a sound guy, said the vip section was full of absolute bellends so he left and slummed it with the every day punters. 

Actually coming to think of it, I met a few ufc fighters at that ufc I was at. I remember Frank mir was sound, but the late Kevin Randleman was an absolute wanker. 

That's about it really

2 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

One of the backing singers from Boney M. 

See, this is top content. None of this fingering Penelope Cruz up the arse with an Oscar shit. 

Fred West, a backing singer and “that’s all I’ve got” . This isn’t the daily star gossip pages this is real life. Anyone know anyone at Brechin FC? 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

See, this is top content. None of this fingering Penelope Cruz up the arse with an Oscar shit. 

Fred West, a backing singer and “that’s all I’ve got” . This isn’t the daily star gossip pages this is real life. Anyone know anyone at Brechin FC? 

I also know former lower league unmentionabler Peter Swan but I didn’t want to come over as a name dropper. 

6 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I used to know a bloke who supported Brechin City. Does that count?

• Upvote 2

I worked on a few TV shows as a runner, including Paul O Grady show and Fantasy Football Euro 2004.  Both had two guests each episode, so I met all of them, but also from working in ITV studios you just bump into people all the time from different shows.  I also played in a 30 minute game with Danielle De Rossi, and I shoved him in the back at a corner and he turned and smiled, which is better than getting smashed by his elbow which is what he did to Brian McBride in the 2006 World Cup.

Another easy celeb haunting ground is the Notting Hill Arts Club, which I used to frequent for a few pints and to watch up and coming indie bands.  Probably a ton of celebs there I didn't recognise.  

I also had a piss with Carl from the Libertines.  I went to an impromptu gig Dirty Pretty Things played in some little art gallery in London, probably 100 of us there.  I said "are you Carl"? He nodded.  I wasn't sure.  I wasn't into the Libertines at that point. 

London was a blast 2004-06.  Loved it. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, rb14 said:

Years ago I had it off with the bus driver who did the intro thing on "The wheels on the bus go round and round" song. No idea of his name or whether what he'd told me was true like. He was cute, I remember that. 

Out of rep, but I owed you for using the phrase "had it off".

24 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Another easy celeb haunting ground is the Notting Hill Arts Club, which I used to frequent for a few pints and to watch up and coming indie bands.  Probably a ton of celebs there I didn't recognise.  

I also had a piss with Carl from the Libertines.  I went to an impromptu gig Dirty Pretty Things played in some little art gallery in London, probably 100 of us there.  I said "are you Carl"? He nodded.  I wasn't sure.  I wasn't into the Libertines at that point. 

London was a blast 2004-06.  Loved it. 

Yep London especially Camden 04-06 was absolutely superb. The Libertines shone like a bright light and got put out as abruptly as it started. What a ride though 

Back in the 90’s a couple of lads I worked with were right into buying LP’s & comics and asked me if they paid for the petrol and my ticket, would I take them to this big event in the NEC. 

I had nothing else to do so agreed to it. After 20 minutes I was bored to tears and stood off to have a smoke and got talking to this absolute worldie about how shit this was. 

An hour later an announcement goes up that the celebs will be doing the signings and to get in line. I walks round to have a nose and lo and behold, my new best friends only up on the stage getting pics with the nerds.

It was Linsey Dawn McKenzie.

Ive never found her attractive before or after but in the flesh she was gorgeous. Tiny tho (height not tits).

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Back in the 90’s a couple of lads I worked with were right into buying LP’s & comics and asked me if they paid for the petrol and my ticket, would I take them to this big event in the NEC. 

I had nothing else to do so agreed to it. After 20 minutes I was bored to tears and stood off to have a smoke and got talking to this absolute worldie about how shit this was. 

An hour later an announcement goes up that the celebs will be doing the signings and to get in line. I walks round to have a nose and lo and behold, my new best friends only up on the stage getting pics with the nerds.

It was Linsey Dawn McKenzie.

Ive never found her attractive before or after but in the flesh she was gorgeous. Tiny tho (height not tits).

This is how FakeTaxi started 

I met Ben Kingsley the other week in work. He was ok and engaged in a bit of small talk for the 10 minutes or so I was with him. He likes to be called Sir Ben though “keeps him on his toes” apparently. I’m not into the whole knighthood thing so my estimation of him as a man plummeted when he said that.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

I met Ben Kingsley the other week in work. He was ok and engaged in a bit of small talk for the 10 minutes or so I was with him. He likes to be called Sir Ben though “keeps him on his toes” apparently. I’m not into the whole knighthood thing so my estimation of him as a man plummeted when he said that.

Was he taking the piss??? 

22 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

That makes him sound like a cock. And as aloof as his cameo in The Sopranos.