You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kid in pubs

Ian Beales Gut

Guest Jon Snow
Nothing wrong with asking a parent to POLITELY control their child if they seem not to be taking note. Is it not allowed?.

Nothing wrong with that at all, stop being such a fanny Jon Snow. If you told me to fuck off I'd be tempted to try and knock that massive chip off your shoulder also.

Read what he typed again and then think about it.

I always say something, to the parent, with a very angry look on my face. Politely of course but with a slightly disturbed look.

Why the angry face ? You wanna start something ? with my child here ? That alone would make my blood boil.

Don't matter how much you try and teach children, sometimes they don't listen. Just a fact of life, also some children develop faster then others. What if that child had mental health issues or many other reasons why they might not do just what Dave wanted ?

Like I said someone tried trying me how I should be dealing with my child, it wouldn't end well.

Guest davelfc

I think we've all seen poor parents out with their kids, we've all suffered because of the lack of proper parenting.

After say 15 minutes of having the back of your seat kicked or some kids screaming and knocking your stuff it's entirely understandable to be more than a little irked.

Most of that comes from the parent just not caring about what their child is doing. Having had kids, (still got them but they're older) I always felt it was my responsibility to ensure their behaviour didn't disturb others.

Had anyone had to tell me that my kids were behaving badly then I would have felt ashamed. I used to be accused of being a little military with my kids by their mother, I suppose that's my background. But I've had compliments on their behaviour, so why not tell a parent if they're not taking their responsibilities?

The reaction of the parent would tell me all I needed to know about that person.

Guest Jon Snow

I am not saying anyone should have to put up with kids ruining there meal but there are ways to do it that don't involve you acting the hard man with parents who are out with there kids who ain't in a position to defend there self's. Due to doing something in front of their kids ?

Any ways their are many pubs that have different sections for family's and couples/singles go to one of those maybe ? Problem solved.

Guest davelfc
. I just asked her to keep them away from my table as I tend to eat with my arms sticking out and I wouldn't want either off them to bang into my elbow as they ran past.

Effectively you alluded to the fact that those children might end up being assaulted (albeit accidentally) by yourself if they didn't behave.

Hmmm, can't see why she was so upset.

Bit out of order that mate.I don't think I'm posting shit (well no more so than everybody else on here does).

You're wrong. Between the two of you (or the one of you, as Snow suggested in the neg) you've got around 900 posts in the last month, most of the banal, unfunny, uninteresting shite. You don't have to chuck your 2pence in on everything.

Guest Jon Snow
Snowy lad, you are having an absolute 'mare.

Calm down, chill out, think.

Mare ? Because my views differ from your own ?

Because I don't see everything in black and white ?

Any ways growing up with a single mother, It can be hard to keep kids under control. Like I said not every thing is black and white.

I do get what Ian was saying, I do understand the basics of what is being said and I agree, just ways to go about it.

Guest Jon Snow
You're wrong. Between the two of you (or the one of you, as Snow suggested in the neg) you've got around 900 posts in the last month, most of the banal, unfunny, uninteresting shite. You don't have to chuck your 2pence in on everything.

Yeah sure lad keep talking shit. I get on with many people on this forum, contrary to popular belief. What I said in the neg was sarcastic, no wonder you finding us unfunny as you put it, if you don't understand basic sarcasm, your humor must be lacking. I think me and Ian get on because we joined same day and started talking with each other from the get-go, due to us both being new. Not to mention he is open minded and isn't judgmental like a good chunk of this forum.

Yeah sure lad keep talking shit. I get on with many people on this forum, contrary to popular belief. What I said in the neg was sarcastic, no wonder you finding us unfunny as you put it, if you don't understand basic sarcasm, your humor must be lacking. I think me and Ian get on because we joined same day and started talking with each other from the get-go, due to us both being new. Not to mention he is open minded and isn't judgmental like a good chunk of this forum.

If you can't see the difference between clear and unclear sarcasm, particularly where the written word is used as opposed to the spoken, then I'd suggest it isn't my sense of humour that's the problem. What, exactly, about your posts is supposed to be funny anyway? Unless you're suggesting people use your existence as a source of gallows humour. And that's not to mention the colossal irony in targeting my sense of humour right after you've chucked an absolute tantrum because someone suggested he would ask a parent with out of control kids to keep them under control.

I don't have a massive problem with your personality, per se, it's just that your posts are a bit like used bog roll. I'm largely indifferent to it, and it's fairly innocuous all in all, but chuck enough of it in the toilet at once and flush and you've got an overflowing toilet and a bathroom full of shit.

Guest davelfc
What about kids in Liverpool forums, desperately looking for attention by trying to shout as loud as the other kids? That's more annoying...

No, you have the option to ignore them.

What is your problem? I think you need to seek help mate, seriously I do.

I'd taken you off ignore but you're going back, I can't make head nor tails of you, it seems like you share your account with several people. Have you got some kind of multiple personality disorder?

What are you talking about? If it is several people using the same account, they're all equally retarded. It would seem unlikely.

And there's fuck all to "work out" with Snow. He's just fucking stupid, gullible, uneducated, ,loves sharing personal information and has lots of time on his hands.

Hardly uncommon in this country. Check out Facebook. Another place I suspect he spends several hours a day.

If you can't see the difference between clear and unclear sarcasm, particularly where the written word is used as opposed to the spoken, then I'd suggest it isn't my sense of humour that's the problem. What, exactly, about your posts is supposed to be funny anyway? Unless you're suggesting people use your existence as a source of gallows humour. And that's not to mention the colossal irony in targeting my sense of humour right after you've chucked an absolute tantrum because someone suggested he would ask a parent with out of control kids to keep them under control.

I don't have a massive problem with your personality, per se, it's just that your posts are a bit like used bog roll. I'm largely indifferent to it, and it's fairly innocuous all in all, but chuck enough of it in the toilet at once and flush and you've got an overflowing toilet and a bathroom full of shit.

I don't really mind if you think I'm boring or whatever that's up to you. I'm not sure why you would think your opinion is of interest to anybody else though??

Jon and IBG, just do us all a favour and just calm down a little bit. And I know you're not alone. There are a few too many angry posters on here a the moment. By all means debate with people but is there really any need to take offence so often with the effect that more and more threads degenerate into testosterone fuelled spats............

Guest davelfc
She wasn't that upset. It didn't pit her off her plateful of fucking chips.

So you don't deny the thinly veiled threat to assault her child with your elbow then?

It's not the boring posts that's the problem, it's their voluminousness. As for thinking my opinion is of interest to anybody, people speak for all sorts of reasons -- not just because they think they have an interesting opinion. You of all people ought to know that.

And what of your imperfections?

Guest davelfc
I don't think I actually threatened anybody! Here, Have a sausage.

You have to be careful these days, your comments could have been taken as a threat to cause harm to a child. Of course that isn't what I think you intended to do at all.

Just strange nobody else here picked up on that. Must just be me.

Jon and IBG, just do us all a favour and just calm down a little bit. And I know you're not alone. There are a few too many angry posters on here a the moment. By all means debate with people but is there really any need to take offence so often with the effect that more and more threads degenerate into testosterone fuelled spats............

To be honest I'm not angry or aggressive or mad with anybody. Not sure I actually need to calm down, I'm a pretty chilled out person. I think some on here are a little pinup themselves and seem to think they are some sort of school prefect. Its More amusing and seems a bit presumptious to me than annoying though to be fair. Live and let live, too many people with big up opinions of themselves knocking around

Seems like there's lots of people angrily having similar opinions on this thread.

davelfc is correct, it's the fault of the parents not bringing their children up correctly.

But the "acceptable" lines of behaviour do vary hugely from place to palce and from parent to parent. It's difficult to impose your own values on someone else's kid.

The time of day is also relevant. You'd certainly be rightly fucked off if your evening meal out was being disturbed by loads of noisy, ill-behaved children. My brothers and I were always taken out to restaurants in the evening by my parents, and all four of us were expected to be quiet and behave, but the reins were a little looser at lunchtime.

So, yeah, appreciate that kids aren't always suitable company for every place you go, and get a fucking baby-sitter. I probably wouldn't take my children to Hope St at night, but they've been there for lunch a few times. On holiday, they're out with us every night. But they are well-behaved in general.

As for other parents or staff sticking their fucking beak in, well, that is tricky. Certainly if someone had an angry pop at me (unlikely) then they'd get a volley of creatively worded abuse right back in their face.