You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rise of the far right in Europe.

Sugar Ape

8 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Nope, I don’t care what you do.  I’ll laugh at you when you drop the facade but I don’t care.  

You see you’ve tried this before, said you don’t like the word, but then just carried on calling people cunts.  You know that, but try to be holier than thou with the ‘at least I’m trying’ bollocks and try to pretend you’re better than me.  

No quite simple, I am taking the same high handed approach with you as you are doing to PB.
Holier than thou?
Turn it in you wanker, sanctimonious arse hole possibly, but I’m clearly not claiming to be blemish free.

Quite simple.

i do care what you do when it’s filling up pages of the forum with shite. 

A bit like now.

i have tried reducing my use of the word cunt, I have openly stated on this site fuck knows how long ago that it’s use veers into misogyny - I have tried openly stating the case, and joking about it cunts vs pricks. 
I will use it again in a way I’m not happy with, the difference is I’m going to try not to, whereas you just want to act a prick and point score.

if I call someone a cunt these days, I’m generally doing it in a convivial manner - does not absolve me of blame, but a bit different to “communist cunt “.

anway, I’m done have the last word if you want, but for the sake of some of us on the forum, yer leather jacket rebel on the back of the school bus is fucking tiring, yer a mile wide and an inch deep.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

No quite simple, I am taking the same high handed approach with you as you are doing to PB.
Holier than thou?
Turn it in you wanker, sanctimonious arse hole possibly, but I’m clearly not claiming to be blemish free.

Quite simple.

i do care what you do when it’s filling up pages of the forum with shite. 

A bit like now.

i have tried reducing my use of the word cunt, I have openly stated on this site fuck knows how long ago that it’s use veers into misogyny - I have tried openly stating the case, and joking about it cunts vs pricks. 
I will use it again in a way I’m not happy with, the difference is I’m going to try not to, whereas you just want to act a prick and point score.

if I call someone a cunt these days, I’m generally doing it in a convivial manner - does not absolve me of blame, but a bit different to “communist cunt “.

anway, I’m done have the last word if you want, but for the sake of some of us on the forum, yer leather jacket rebel on the back of the school bus is fucking tiring, yer a mile wide and an inch deep.

TLDR

Im sure PB appreciates the help though.  Christ knows he needs it.  

• 2 weeks later...

@belarus What's the deal over there?

The country’s election commission reported on Monday that Lukashenko won 80.23% of the vote while Tikhanovskaya took just 9.9%, despite a popular wave of support for Tikhanovskaya, who had held some of the country’s largest political rallies since the days of the Soviet Union.

Lukashenko’s victory was quickly endorsed by Vladimir Putin of Russia and Xi Jinping of China.

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

@belarus What's the deal over there?

The country’s election commission reported on Monday that Lukashenko won 80.23% of the vote while Tikhanovskaya took just 9.9%, despite a popular wave of support for Tikhanovskaya, who had held some of the country’s largest political rallies since the days of the Soviet Union.

Lukashenko’s victory was quickly endorsed by Vladimir Putin of Russia and Xi Jinping of China.

I’m not sure if you meant to tag me or just refer to Belarus in general mate, but I am not very up on the political state over there. I picked this username purely based on seeing Belarus win a medal in an athletics games on TV that they weren’t meant to win. The commentators were buzzing and I just went with that as my original name was taken all the time. Not sure if this was the first place I used it or not. Not sure you even care for that depth of explanation, but I’ve started now, so buckle up.

It was a Wednesday morning, or was it a Thursday, in June I think, but could have been July...

1 hour ago, belarus said:

I’m not sure if you meant to tag me or just refer to Belarus in general mate, but I am not very up on the political state over there. I picked this username purely based on seeing Belarus win a medal in an athletics games on TV that they weren’t meant to win. The commentators were buzzing and I just went with that as my original name was taken all the time. Not sure if this was the first place I used it or not. Not sure you even care for that depth of explanation, but I’ve started now, so buckle up.

It was a Wednesday morning, or was it a Thursday, in June I think, but could have been July...

Sounds like how we got Lilyhammer.

5 hours ago, belarus said:

So you are a bit of an expert on that corner of the world after all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2020 at 22:25, AngryofTuebrook said:

You do know, don't you, that there's a vast distance between "I love her" and "I think she's not the equivalent of a violent racist crook"?

I'm genuinely confused by your last couple of posts. If I thought you were witty enough, I'd assume that you were doing a parody of a Centrist - I mean, imagine anyone in real life thinking there was anything like equivalence between Novara Media and the Fascist EDL.

Who or what are these #SaveOurChildren folks who had a march in Liverpool today? They're spamming loads of stories on the Echo Facebook page, including tribute articles to local dead people. They had banners about Pizzagate and an alleged Clinton paedophile ring at their thing in Liverpool today. 

Is it a UK version of the batshit crazy QAnon stuff? 

17 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Who or what are these #SaveOurChildren folks who had a march in Liverpool today? They're spamming loads of stories on the Echo Facebook page, including tribute articles to local dead people. They had banners about Pizzagate and an alleged Clinton paedophile ring at their thing in Liverpool today. 

Mentalists.  

9 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Looks like it was. Looked like they were also on the Covid conspiracy bandwagon. There were signs against Covid Camps in New Zealand - I presume they mean quarantine.

Don’t think this was Liverpool - possibly London. You have to admire the attempt to get every bit of bullshit onto one banner.

I particularly like the demand for God’s Law or no law. Followed by the support for Common Law....

EgBujLrXoAMhgL-?format=jpg&name=large

On 09/08/2020 at 17:23, Vincent Vega said:

Why is it that all of the people claiming to be some kind of white master race are always offensively unattractive? 

It it a bit like the incel thing, they hate brown people as they can't score with any hot foreign women?

On 09/08/2020 at 17:23, Vincent Vega said:

The funny thing about this Golding fella is that somehow he has managed to get his minion a to believe that they are in anyway relevant or have any sort of power whatsoever. That video there you just had a few security staff who saw a group of men trying to enter and told them to fuck of while one of them got stuck in a revolving door. That’s literally all that happened whereas that Golding will have spouted that the BBC director general will have halted their political protest and will know be planning a media driven culture war with his group. Is it still the edl? Was be edl or is it Britain first or some shit? I don’t even know. Who is the Golding cunt anyway? Is he genuinely just the suit wearing spokesperson of a racist group have chavs? What’s his qualifications? I love how hardly any of them are ex forces as well but act like some sort of defenders of the realm. 
Saw a picture of some fella stood ‘defending’ a statue (that wasn’t even a target) in some midlands town last month. He had a beret on and a camouflage design jacket. None of it was genuine military rig but you can bet your bottom dollar that cunt bores people to death in the local Wetherspoons with lies and stories he had read in the latest Andy McNab book, tailored to make him out to be a hero. Only gives half the story though as he can’t talk too much about it. 

I want to recommend a (short) book I just read (well, listened to an audio book of) Twilight of Democracy: The Seductive Lure of Authoritarianism by Anne Appleboum mainly on the rise of right wing populism in Europe.

It is interesting because it is written from the right wing perspective by a person who knew many of the important actors and ideologues personally in their earlier ideological incarnations, so it reads like an extended magazine cover story, rather than a dry academic book (although you sometimes wish for more facts and less anecdotal profiling).

Insightful look at what is going on in Poland, Hungary, Spain, UK with Johnson and Cummings and a little bit of Trump, mainly through extended profiles of some of the people behind the scenes, an attempt of explanation where did the split on the right come from when populist authoritarians broke away from traditional anti-communist conservatives and classic liberals and why, mechanisms and role of lies and conspiracy theories  and so on.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SasaS said:

I want to recommend a (short) book I just read (well, listened to an audio book of) Twilight of Democracy: The Seductive Lure of Authoritarianism by Anne Appleboum mainly on the rise of right wing populism in Europe.

It is interesting because it is written from the right wing perspective by a person who knew many of the important actors and ideologues personally in their earlier ideological incarnations, so it reads like an extended magazine cover story, rather than a dry academic book (although you sometimes wish for more facts and less anecdotal profiling).

Insightful look at what is going on in Poland, Hungary, Spain, UK with Johnson and Cummings and a little bit of Trump, mainly through extended profiles of some of the people behind the scenes, an attempt of explanation where did the split on the right come from when populist authoritarians broke away from traditional anti-communist conservatives and classic liberals and why, mechanisms and role of lies and conspiracy theories  and so on.

Will give that a go. Personally I think that a large factor in the rise of Orban in Hungary is not so much his policies but the utter shitness of the opposition in 2010 and they haven’t improved since. And now that he’s rewritten the voting system, they’ll probably need him to retire before they get a chance again