You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rise of the far right in Europe.

Sugar Ape

53 minutes ago, Boss said:

So, was punching Richard Spencer violence?

It was fucking hilarious. 

When some blert's entire philosophy is "Might is Right" sometimes it's funny as fuck to put them right on their arse and watch them reevaluate their life. 

6 hours ago, Boss said:

Can't have it both ways. If you condone violence against politicians, then you can't cry when Corbyn gets attacked, or if McDonnell gets punched campaigning around London. Logically that's fair game then, isn't it?

Sorry this is longer than I planned mainly due to various types of egging.

If Corbyn, Farage, Robinson or McDonnell, etc, etc, get punched I think that's equally stupid and disagree.

If any of them get egged* or milkshake thrown at them I might think it's a bit retarded and not see what it's really achieving, but am fine with it.

* If someone's going to slam their hand into anyone's head as they egg them to the point that you can see the impact heavily in footage then I don't agree with that. The video of Jezza in the mosque seemed violent to me, the way the aussie right wing guy was egged was about the limit of what I'd class as ok. The kid did slap it on his head I think, but it appeared mainly just to make sure the egg broke. The way the guy in the mosque did it seemed over the top, as you can see from the footage it showed way more force than needed to break an egg.

I guess there's a grey area though, because you could do the amount of force needed to break an egg that'd be ok on the top of their head but could look way out of hand if it was say, slapped into their face. (And if it causes them real problems with their vision or gets eggshell in their eyes or something then yeah I'd say that was violence too.) I guess that's something for the authorities to decide, if people just egged them on their clothes mostly it'd solve the problem, but the Aussie kid was still awesome the way he did it I think, and if someone did the exact same to Jezza as he was speaking in front of a camera I'd probably have a good laugh at that too.

5 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Sorry this is longer than I planned mainly due to various types of egging.

If Corbyn, Farage, Robinson or McDonnell, etc, etc, get punched I think that's equally stupid and disagree.

If any of them get egged* or milkshake thrown at them I might think it's a bit retarded and not see what it's really achieving, but am fine with it.

* If someone's going to slam their hand into anyone's head as they egg them to the point that you can see the impact heavily in footage then I don't agree with that. The video of Jezza in the mosque seemed violent to me, the way the aussie right wing guy was egged was about the limit of what I'd class as ok. The kid did slap it on his head I think, but it appeared mainly just to make sure the egg broke. The way the guy in the mosque did it seemed over the top, as you can see from the footage it showed way more force than needed to break an egg.

I guess there's a grey area though, because you could do the amount of force needed to break an egg that'd be ok on the top of their head but could look way out of hand if it was say, slapped into their face. (And if it causes them real problems with their vision or gets eggshell in their eyes or something then yeah I'd say that was violence too.) I guess that's something for the authorities to decide, if people just egged them on their clothes mostly it'd solve the problem, but the Aussie kid was still awesome the way he did it I think, and if someone did the exact same to Jezza as he was speaking in front of a camera I'd probably have a good laugh at that too.

I doubt Rico agrees. I think you could drop a bomb on someone and, if you tape an egg to the bomb first, he would just count it as an egging.

The bit about being in front of a camera might be a significant bit of context. I recently saw someone defending the Richard Spencer punch on the grounds that it interrupted a Nazi and (in that one instance, at least) prevented him from presenting dangerous Nazi propaganda as acceptable political discourse. Extreme deplatforming.

I'm not sure whether I agree, but it's certainly worth thinking about - and even worth starting a thread on the broader issue of violence more generally. 

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I doubt Rico agrees. I think you could drop a bomb on someone and, if you tape an egg to the bomb first, he would just count it as an egging.

The bit about being in front of a camera might be a significant bit of context. I recently saw someone defending the Richard Spencer punch on the grounds that it interrupted a Nazi and (in that one instance, at least) prevented him from presenting dangerous Nazi propaganda as acceptable political discourse. Extreme deplatforming.

I'm not sure whether I agree, but it's certainly worth thinking about - and even worth starting a thread on the broader issue of violence more generally. 

I can see why people are ok with it (punching Nazis, etc.) because of the state of their views and the history of fascists, just think it risks creating the situation where they'll feel more justified doing the same themselves in the future though. My own preference would be that mainstream media scum stop repeatedly giving them a platform (it's just a deliberate tactic of theirs now I think because they're so scared of people like Corbyn reversing so much of their self serving bullshit if elected) and awareness is raised about the consequences of them gaining more support.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Disgusting. That could be an albino Hindu, going about his daily life and wearing a swastika for prosperity and good luck.

It could be. But then the swastika would be in a different position. So I’m going to have to go with him being a Nazi.

Unless he’s a Nazi albino Hindu going about his daily life.

Some stuff in the rags today about a video of Wayne Rooney supposed to be embarrassed by a video of his brother with tommy Robinson. Suppose it’s about time he got revenge for all the times he’s been embarrassed. Drunk driving a car with a prostitute while away from your pregnant wife, springs to mind. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2019 at 08:13, AngryofTuebrook said:

Remember Britain First?

Apparently the rumours were true and Paul Golding used to knock Jayda Fransen around. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-48440464

And I always thought that they were such a lovely couple. 

I’m surprised it wasn’t the other way round. She looks like fucking Vigo the Carpathian