You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inside Look at Liverpool FC's Training.

don

Very interesting to see and hear that interview with Darren Burgess. Thanks' date=' Don.

Some good pics there, especially the last one of Pepe.[/quote']

Agreed. No big surprises, Dirk being the fittest player in the squad least so. A bit worrying that he thinks Downing will be our fastest player, tells the story of our snail-like squad I suppose...

I would think the quick-list (over say 20 yards) reads like this when everyone's fit:

Johnson

Gerrard

Kelly

Downing

Suarez

Agreed. No big surprises, Dirk being the fittest player in the squad least so. A bit worrying that he thinks Downing will be our fastest player, tells the story of our snail-like squad I suppose...

I would think the quick-list (over say 20 yards) reads like this when everyone's fit:

Johnson

Gerrard

Kelly

Downing

Suarez

DOWNING ISN'T FUCKING SLOW THOUGH.

Enjoyed that. Liked the part with Andy Carroll, saying he tried doing his fitness training most of the time with a ball and a goal, and tried not to make him angry because he is a big guy. Made me laugh. Can imagine Carroll doesn't like endless running around the pitch. Maybe they should try to hang a bottle of beer on a stick in front of him, then he'd probably run too the end of the world...:whistle:

Not all surprised about Raul being perhaps the fittest in the squad.

People wonder why he gets knackered in games, well I think this kind of explains it.

And Dirk is the same though seldom gets the same comments about looking knackered or tired towards the end of games.

They both run relentlessly.

The bit about Pepe been the joker and getting his music on in the end and that backs up that hes a top bloke and loves it here. Interesting interview, would love to see Burgess interviewed by a proper journalist about the ins and outs of it all, the way Yanks watch tele is offensive.

The bit about Pepe been the joker and getting his music on in the end and that backs up that hes a top bloke and loves it here. Interesting interview, would love to see Burgess interviewed by a proper journalist about the ins and outs of it all, the way Yanks watch tele is offensive.

Firstly that's an internet video, very much doubt it was televised. I found those questions were pretty intelligent, especially the one about young successful players experiencing injury problems later in their careers.

Much prefer it to the usual british tabloid style interviews.

Love the way on a fitness video for Sports Illustrated they have an intro advert for Papa Jos (and dont forget to order Coke) and a banner ad for double layered premium pepperoni pizza.

That's because of Pepe. Dunno who the coke's for though.

British tabloid: how much are you paid? are you having an affair?

Nobody's saying he's slow, untwist your knickers instead of going into blind rage every time someone mentions his pace.

All he's saying is Downing being the fastest player in the squad tells us more about the criminal lack of pace in our squad than on Downing, and he's spot on, so chill the fuck out.

On the vid - not surprising perhaps that Pepe is the funniest guy in the squad. A bit more surprised to hear Johnson also is. Good vid, thanks.

Guest davelfc
Nobody's saying he's slow, untwist your knickers instead of going into blind rage every time someone mentions his pace.

Except the people that said he was slow in the run up to our signing him.

Downing "doesn't have pace" is what some people were saying. They will of course maintain this line no matter what, no doubt "clarifying" that what they meant was the ability to do the 100 metres in under 10 seconds.

Downing is faster than Gerrard the GPS stats prove it.

Well then Stevie has lost more of his pace than I thought. When are those stats from btw? At his peak I think there were few players in the Prem quicker than Stevie at full pelt.

I never implied that Downing is slow, but he isn't very quick either, especially for a winger. I guess that's why a lot of people were sceptical to him as our big signing on the left this summer. Let's face it, Kuyt and Downing on either wing won't scare the life out of many fullbacks. I think Downing is a pretty good player btw, I just think that with our severe lack of pace in our squad we would have benefitted more from having someone like Lennon or A. Young, headless chickens or not. Unless Suarez plays, the better teams will pretty much park their defensive line on the midway line, knowing that we won't be able to hurt them in behind:-(.

PS! I understand that the players mentioned were not available, so I have no big regrets (although we were forced to overpay quite a bit).