You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Very good manager and has done well with what he was given. Can't help but think he would be better off at a club that could help him go on to the next level, somebody with more financial clout. See the way I never said 'bigger club', wouldn't want to kick up a fuss, they are sensitive like that.

Were it not for Moyes Everton would have long since been relegated. Whether he can take the next step with a big club remains to be seen, but he's more than earned his chance.

Edit: Ha, lust read LL's post. I suppose Everton are a big club history/support wise, but they sure don't act like one, nor do they show any ambition.

Were it not for Moyes Everton would have long since been relegated. Whether he can take the next step with a big club remains to be seen, but he's more than earned his chance.

But he lost his chance with his acceptance of mediocrity over the last 2 years. He had his chance when they got to the cup final.

Guest the boy

No, they wouldn't. They still have a sizeable wage bill that places them roughly in the middle of the pack. The PL money + attendance money doesn't just disappear into the ether. The wages for Arteta/Fellaini/Cahill etc. don't come cheaply.

What calibre of club has he 'more than earned his chance' to manage?

No, they wouldn't. They still have a sizeable wage bill that places them roughly in the middle of the pack. The PL money + attendance money doesn't just disappear into the ether. The wages for Arteta/Fellaini/Cahill etc. don't come cheaply.

What calibre of club has he 'more than earned his chance' to manage?

Anybody with more ambition than Everton.

He's stayed there too long he should have moved 2 years ago, maybe he's found his comfort zone and lacks the real ambition to take a risk and leave them. Nobody expects him to achieve much over there and if it goes tits up he's got a ready made excuse about investment etc.

He's mad to stay at Everton where the lack of finance & operating on a shoestring will gradually drag him down & erode his reputation. I can only presume that he believes his own press & thinks he has a real shot at a top 4 club. He should have jumped to Villa when he had the chance but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Spurs, either when 'Arry gets jailed or when he gets the England job

I get the feeling he's waiting on Ferguson to drop dead so he can step in there.

He does have delusions of grandeur so you are probably right.

Cunt, all objectivity goes out of the window where this overated, boggled eyed biff is mentioned!

He is a one dimensional pile of shite, who has been an up and coming manager for 11 years now, and managed to achieve the same as Pulis and Denis Wise!

He is hamstrung by the Shite, but he has been there long enough to have taken some responsbility for that situation, no criticism for the 10 million wasted on the bird out of the Commitments, 10 million on a fat 40 year old, or the desire to hawk his latest 'England Captain in waiting' around to the highest bidder!

I get the feeling he's waiting on Ferguson to drop dead so he can step in there.

He can dream on. There no chance they'll offer him the job even if Bacon Face recommended him. They would want high profile and not some manager who has to take the teams kit to the local laundrette!

Think hes done a good job considering the restrictions hes worked under.

If he stays there he will probably always be a prem manager but if he took a chance and showed some ambition he might manage a club that wins a cup or two and plays european football.

He has got more bitter recently but thats no big surprise is it!

Now is the time to stick in a bid for Leighton Baines.

I was just thinking the same thing after reading a piece on Moyes in The Mirror -

Can David Moyes the magician conjure up another miracle season for Everton? David Anderson column - David Anderson - MirrorFootball.co.uk

He can't moan if he had the chance to bring money into the club and turned it down. Obviously clubs like Arsenal (10m bid for Jagielka) and ourselves (opening bid for Baines likely to be corned beef sandwiches or something) are going to try take the piss as they are skint but they seem to have run out of ideas altogether over there. Nobody in and nobody out, another season of mediocrity for Everton with the only glimmer of hope possibly being a run in one of the cups. What a fucking horrible club.

Now is the time to stick in a bid for Leighton Baines.

I don't know if I could handle the abuse from them if that happened though. It'd just feel sly doing that to them.

On Moyes, I think you have to commend his loyalty to them. The only realistic move for him would have been Villa which is pretty much sideways, but perhaps a more ambitious club with actual money.

As others have mentioned he day he leaves will spell relegation for the shite surely.

Guest the boy

I get the feeling he's on a £3.2 million a year contract, making him one of the highest paid in the league (a better contract than Hodgson signed for us, and Redknapp signed for Tottenham) and reluctant to give up a good thing to try his luck elsewhere.

I don't know if I could handle the abuse from them if that happened though. It'd just feel sly doing that to them.

Am I reading this right? Fuck them, I'd love Baines here.

Moyes is a very good manager, without him Everton are fucked.

He does have delusions of grandeur so you are probably right.

Cunt, all objectivity goes out of the window where this overated, boggled eyed biff is mentioned!

He is a one dimensional pile of shite, who has been an up and coming manager for 11 years now, and managed to achieve the same as Pulis and Denis Wise!

He is hamstrung by the Shite, but he has been there long enough to have taken some responsbility for that situation, no criticism for the 10 million wasted on the bird out of the Commitments, 10 million on a fat 40 year old, or the desire to hawk his latest 'England Captain in waiting' around to the highest bidder!

As long as he bigs up EFC twice a year, gets either a jammy win or draw against us and flogs his best players to anyone but us will keep the faithful fans quiet and him in a job.

As long as he bigs up EFC twice a year, gets either a jammy win or draw against us and flogs his best players to anyone but us will keep the faithful fans quiet and him in a job.

That is what annoys me! Bias aside (and I am, and I am not objective) each year goes by, another Pulis reaches the FA Cup final, Moyes greatest achievement, with less money, another McLeish wins a trophy (something Moyes hasn't done). And each year there is little or no criticism, it is a little like Hodgson's 'successful' managerial record, somewhere along the line you expect somebody to come out and ask 'What record?' but they never do. The British media regurgitate the same baseless statements about Moyes being one of our 'brightest' managers and don't stop to ponder why they are still talking about promise after 11 fucking years!

Guest the boy

May I also add that he was on more money for a time there than Benitez was here. He really isn't under-valued at all. The offer to move to Villa may have been there, but I doubt they'd have matched his wages. And they've a squad that is in even greater turmoil than Everton's.