You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suicide

Anny Road

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not with purposely putting an end to it but sometimes when you have an illness and you suffer to the extent where you see your loved ones suffering for you.. sometimes you do think it'd just be better off being dead. Not being morbid, it's actually a sobering thought. The intensity of the pain or suffering sometimes just makes you think it's not worth it, may as well not trouble others. If and when I do die, I don't want to suffer endlessly for days or put my family through the torture of looking after me. In one sense, simply just lost the fear of death. It's a relief.

Edit: If you are contemplating actual suicide though Anny, it'd be better to talk to a professional than us mongs on the GF.

Guest Jon Snow
I'm not the only sick fuck in dodge then.

I don't think you are sick , you just hit your limit or feel like you have. Sometimes you just need a new direction in life or just to get away from it all. Or just one close person who can support you. Reach out to someone you be surprised how helpful people can be if you just share your problems.

I'm not the only sick fuck in dodge then.

Cant do it as an athiest, if I thought there was a God I deffo would have done it yesterday, knowing theres nothing after can only ever push on as one day I'll die. Got that ticket already booked so may as well sup beers in the station til it comes. Like Sec said. Want to take control in a way though so its always there as dont like the thought of withering away my days either but fuck it. Just hope I dont get reincarnated in this bitch.

Not with purposely putting an end to it but sometimes when you have an illness and you suffer to the extent where you see your loved ones suffering for you.. sometimes you do think it'd just be better off being dead. Not being morbid, it's actually a sobering thought. The intensity of the pain or suffering sometimes just makes you think it's not worth it, may as well not trouble others. If and when I do die, I don't want to suffer endlessly for days or put my family through the torture of looking after me. In one sense, simply just lost the fear of death. It's a relief.

Edit: If you are contemplating actual suicide though Anny, it'd be better to talk to a professional than us mongs on the GF.

TSO you are beautifully correct. I can't top myself because i have too much to do, I have wages to pay. I find little enjoyment in the world save for my kids.

Cant do it as an athiest, if I thought there was a God I deffo would have done it yesterday, knowing theres nothing after can only ever push on as one day I'll die. Got that ticket already booked so may as well sup beers in the station til it comes. Like Sec said. Want to take control in a way though so its always there as dont like the thought of withering away my days either but fuck it. Just hope I dont get reincarnated in this bitch.

I hear that.

Wonder about devoted believers in the after-life, if their parents, Grandparents and all other heroes, not including their man Jesus, are all there, why stay on earth? Just strikes me as wasting time.

Guest Jon Snow
I hear that.

Wonder about devoted believers in the after-life, if their parents, Grandparents and all other heroes, not including their man Jesus, are all there, why stay on earth? Just strikes me as wasting time.

Because in the bible it says if you take your own life you won't be accepted into heaven.

(1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV) [19] Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; [20] you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

(1 Corinthians 3:16-17 NIV) [16] Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you? [17] If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God&'s temple is sacred, and you are that temple.

Not really religious but here is what it says. You can read into any way you like.

Guest Jon Snow
Fucking God. Teasing people, just like he teased Moses in the desert.

Yeah I know , more a test I think the religious would have you think but I think teasing is more fitting.

Modern life is relentless. We've all gone through tumultuous events relatively recently. 9/11, 7/7, Al Quaeda, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, bird flu, financial crisis and subsequent economic collapse and global recession. All this on top of life's personal challenges. Divorce, bereavement, fired, beaten, rejected, failed... but everyone writing in this thread will relate to all of this and are still here and coping. We are also too hard on ourselves in the most. No, I am not "cheerleading" by saying so. I have had those dark thoughts and I still do. But if we can fucking get over all the above and still try to live to seek happiness and fulfillment, then perhaps we are all a little bit "better" and "stronger" than we dare credit ourselves as being. Peace Anny.

Modern life is relentless. We've all gone through tumultuous events relatively recently. 9/11, 7/7, Al Quaeda, Earthquakes, Tsunamis, bird flu, financial crisis and subsequent economic collapse and global recession. All this on top of life's personal challenges. Divorce, bereavement, fired, beaten, rejected, failed... but everyone writing in this thread will relate to all of this and are still here and coping. We are also too hard on ourselves in the most. No, I am not "cheerleading" by saying so. I have had those dark thoughts and I still do. But if we can fucking get over all the above and still try to live to seek happiness and fulfillment, then perhaps we are all a little bit "better" and "stronger" than we dare credit ourselves as being. Peace Anny.

Agree.

Esp that line, its the good who beat themselves up cos the worlds so shitty and the little shits do well out this bitch.

Anny, do you have any cool stuff and do you have a will?

I mean, I think it would be a terrible waste of life if you went through with it but it'd be worse to compound that waste by me not calling first dibs on all your stuff.

Which, legally, I've just done.

Little brother killed himself a few years back. Lots of family support but he just couldn't shake it and did the deed one night. Silly fucker. Still miss the heck out of him. One of the nicest blokes you could ever meet, but just couldn't see it for himself.

Went through a similar thing myself a few years before that. Made 1 shitty attempt and went straight to the doc for help. Got into some therapy etc and much better for it with a great life now, but still have to fight the depression now and then. Difference is I can spot the beginning of the downward spiral now and pull myself out of it.

The main thing is that after the attempt something triggered in me that I wanted to get better. Without that leap all the therapy and medication in the world couldn't have helped.

Yes, daily for about 3½ years in total. From the beginning of 2002 to the end of 2005, started of with Ante-natal depression with the third child. It only came to an end when social services stepped in took my kids off me as i was deemed to be a risk to them. Idiots didn't realise they were the only reason i was still alive, the thing is watching others cope with them i found that no-one could do a good a job as me and i'd of left them with my prick of an ex if i'd died. (as someone else mentioned we put too much pressure on ourselves) I was feeling so much better after 4 months of medication that i got them back, 9 months later i was the me i am today and that's that.

Anny find pleasure in things, do things that aren't your normal routine. I know you're self employed and time off isn't easy but if i didn't have things like my camping and trips i do i'd probably of been back in that place.

As sex mentioned there are times throughout the day/night when it's worse, find something to focus on or be preoccupied with or if it's a late one - sleep if you can.

If you can't sleep as your mind is going ten to the dozen use a note pad, keep it to the side of your bed or where ever you are to jot down what ever is racing you through your mind enough to prevent sleep.

I would also recommend seeking some counselling mate. This is going to sound a bit gay, but as men we don't tend to talk about shit, we just bottle it up and have a drink. Opening up to a stranger can be quite a liberating thing. You need to find a counselor you can trust, as it's not a natural thing for most of us to do. Once you get your head round it though I have found it's amazingly helpful. By talking about your frame of mind on here you've already taken a big step. I was signed off work with acute depression for a month before I could even tell the missus, after I had a "breakdown" last year. Go and ask for help: It won't come and find you. If there is a waiting list for NHS counselling, go and find a private practitioner. It's worth the fifty quid a week.