You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suicide

Anny Road

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuckin' hell, it's like One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest on here.

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

That second sentence is surely slightly extraneous.

It's a bit like saying:

"Fuckin' hell, it's like the Star Wars bar in here.

Lots of strange, alien-looking creatures."

Thanks everyone. Feel a bit embarrassed by this thread now in the cold light of day.

I don't think I am depressed just fed up with the usual shit and the responsibility. It's crushing.

Stiff upper lip and whatnot and carry on. Cheers everyone.

Start with that. Get a fuckin' grip of yourself, start accepting some and sort yourself out.

Problem over.

Start with that. Get a fuckin' grip of yourself, start accepting some and sort yourself out.

Problem over.

What happens if the illness is medical, degenerative and surgeons have tried to 'sort you out'? How bad would you allow quality of life to get?

Little brother killed himself a few years back. Lots of family support but he just couldn't shake it and did the deed one night. Silly fucker. Still miss the heck out of him. One of the nicest blokes you could ever meet, but just couldn't see it for himself.

Went through a similar thing myself a few years before that. Made 1 shitty attempt and went straight to the doc for help. Got into some therapy etc and much better for it with a great life now, but still have to fight the depression now and then. Difference is I can spot the beginning of the downward spiral now and pull myself out of it.

The main thing is that after the attempt something triggered in me that I wanted to get better. Without that leap all the therapy and medication in the world couldn't have helped.

Fucking hell, you think you know people! Sorry to hear that Alan, for what it's worth mate.

In a more general sense, I don't think the human mind has ever been under constant assault the way it is now. The majority of our jobs are mental, our friendships are virtual, communication and information is constant, that's got to take its toll.

Our lives are also compartmentalised into little boxes in a way they've never been before. Throughout recent history, the family has been becoming more nuclear, and the community has been disappearing.

We also measure our value through such dud concepts in human terms as economic value and material wellbeing. These are not things which can actually make us happy in themselves, however more desperately we focus on them.

These phenomena combine to give us less of a sense of connection and value. No wonder mental health issues are on the increase.