You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suicide

Anny Road

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd do it in an instant but I have too many people relayiing on me. It's weighing me down.

Then your not ready. I work with people who have attempted it and they weren't really concerned with anyone else and how they felt. Then again they were unsuccessful. I guess if you are going to you will. But what a waste.

I'd do it in an instant but I have too many people relayiing on me. It's weighing me down.

Just think of all the cool things you haven't done or achieved yet. I mean have you been in 3-some or have you seen your child (if you have one) graduate. When I was younger I felt life wasn't worth the ride but then I realized you only get one shot and so you need to do all the crap you want, be it participate in a 3-some or go front row seats to see Shakira shake her booty or whatever it is you like. Life is worth it.

I'd be surprised if a large percentage of people hadn't given it some consideration.

Yes and particularly among the lower income and social classes like myself and lots of others on here.

Its probably the reason why we abuse drink,drugs and tobacco more when life is a constant struggle and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

Fortunately death scares me a lot more than living at the moment.

Speaking personally I would feel it was a coward's option for me. I don't make any judgements for other people but I would only ever consider it for myself if I was terminally ill and was just going to go through a lot of pain and then die anyway. I do suffer from depression, but I could never cause that amount of hurt to my family and friends.

Anyone else toyed with the idea?

Think of the best moments you've ever had in your life and remember what they were like - well worth the dark bits I'll wager. Don't do anything rash AR. Go to your GP and ask him/her for counselling.

I'd be surprised if a large percentage of people hadn't given it some consideration.

Read something last year that suggested within 20 years 25% of the UK would suffer from depression(it's already that for women). That was followed a few months later by the Government savaging the mental health budget.

Guest Jon Snow

When I hit 25 I started to feel tired every day , days turned into weeks , weeks into months , months into years. About 3 months after my 27th birthday One night I started to feel like I was having a heart attack pains in my chest burning on my arms and every part of my body was screaming. Got rushed up Hospital 6 hours of tests and in the end they tell me it was all in your head. But that is where it got worse. next day it started again 3 hours this one lasted , then next day and again. I was having panic attacks near on once a day for 14 months. One night was so bad I was talking to Doctor on the phone asking for something to help and he just wouldn't listen to me. Saying that the drugs that could help me was very addictive (Diazepam) and he didn't want to put them my way. This was the moment I lost it. I grabed a knife and held it to my throat. I was in my head as ready as someone can be to do it. My Girl friend saved me that night she put her hand on the knife between my neck and it just shocked me out of it. Feeling like you are going to die for 14 months every day plays with the mind in end I was wishing it to happen. So I can totally understand why someone would want to end their life. But don't do it fight it. I carried on and my life is a lot more happier now i have a great son , to think if I ended it then I would have never got to see him smile , laugh and cry.

I later found out my panic attacks was being caused by a quite common heart problem that 10% of population suffer with. But I tell you that 5 years was like hell.

I had a mate who jumped from a bridge a few days after new years. For weeks his best mates would be walking up and down the high street holding onto the little hope they had left of finding him (his body is still missing) by handing out flyers with his picture on them, they looked like they had barely slept. If they weren't handing out flyers they were walking up and down the coastline. It was heartbreaking watching them, they still look for him now. If you seriously are thinking of doing anything think of your family and friends, it'll hurt them more than anything. Seeing his best mates faces is what would deter me from doing anything.