You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Amy Winehouse found dead

DJLJ

For what its worth I thought she had a decent voice but hardly worthy of legendary status tbh.

Exactly. I've heard people on radio and TV today talking about her as one of the greatest talents ever.

Buddy Holly was 22 when he died and he achieved infinitely more in his short life.

20 years from now teenagers will be saying "Amy who?".

I definitely think people are overstating her talent.

her 'back to black' album will stand the test of time, now or in 20 years, it always had an old style feeling about it anyway. Great album.

As for everyone having no sympathy for her becos she was a 'druggie' attitude, people are fucking hypocrites, you can bet your life most people on here have tried drugs, having a bit of coke and a spliff is virtually normalised behaviour around here. Maybe next time you'll have a bit too much, take some shit stuff and end up dead, hopefully you do and then we can have a dedicated thread where we can dish out insults instead of sympathy your life was cut short.

Edited by liver bird

But nobody is saying the reaction would be the same off the "odd" drug taking, she was clearly an addict who was always going to end up dead if she wasn't able to be rehabilitated. Yes it's sad but if you take the drugs then you have to be prepared to pay the price.

As for everyone having no sympathy for her becos she was a 'druggie' attitude, people are fucking hypocrites, you can bet your life most people on here have tried drugs, having a bit of coke and a spliff is virtually normalised behaviour around here. Maybe next time you'll have a bit too much, take some shit stuff and end up dead, hopefully you do and then we can have a dedicated thread where we can dish out insults instead of sympathy your life was cut short.

Nearly 100 innocent people have been murdered in Norway this weekend.

You expect sympathy for somebody who killed themself?

My username (now there's a pun in itself) gives away my habit and I have no sympathy because[/b/] she was a junkie. I have been using various drugs for over 20 years and have never become addicted to any (apart from ciggies).

I have never had and will never have any sympathy for anyone dying from an overdose. It's the risk you take.

Exactly. I've heard people on radio and TV today talking about her as one of the greatest talents ever.

Buddy Holly was 22 when he died and he achieved infinitely more in his short life.

20 years from now teenagers will be saying "Amy who?".

...something that could never be levelled at Buddy Holly.

Nearly 100 innocent people have been murdered in Norway this weekend.

You expect sympathy for somebody who killed themself?

I think comments like this are just wrong. With all respect to those that lost their lives in Norway, it doesn't mean that Amy Winehouse's death was meaningless. She was a great singer, and the people overreacting in the media on one side, and those giving her crap for her drug addiction on the other, will never take that away from her no matter what's said.

Nobody has any idea of the types of crap that might've been going through her mind too. For all we know she could've had depression and other problems for years underneath her persona and addictions, we haven't a clue really. And it's alright saying she looked fine here and there, but you can soon hide a load of problems underneath the surface when you're out of your face.

She'll be missed and deserves to be remembered.

Guest Jon Snow
I think comments like this are just wrong. With all respect to those that lost their lives in Norway, it doesn't mean that Amy Winehouse's death was meaningless. She was a great singer, and the people overreacting in the media on one side, and those giving her crap for her drug addiction on the other, will never take that away from her no matter what's said.

Few good posts in here with all the shit nasty comments no one is saying you have to praise the girl just a little respect goes a long way. Some people get them self's in holes and they just can't get out of them. If we was all perfect in every way it be one hell of a boring world.

Should we not have sympathy for people who die of lung cancer due to smoking 30 a day for 30 years?

Yes, Amy Winehouse has probably suffered a death which she herself brought on through addiction - but that's hardly a rarity. That self-infliction shouldn't mean someone dying as a direct consequence of their addiction shouldn't be mourned.

Amy winehouse.

She did everything to excess and herein or (heroin) lies the problem.

Too much smack, too much booze, too much ciggies, too much eyebmake up, too much partying with dick heads but, alas, too few trips to the dentist.

Too much too young as the specials once said.

Amy winehouse. 1984-2011 Diva or divvy and like drugs to her, its your choice!

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If you say 'pretty safe' to mean 'not safe at all' then you're spot on.

If the drug is clean, is taken in a controlled way and is taken in sensible amounts, you're very unlikely to die from it. It's not the drug that's the most dangerous thing about heroin addiction, it's the things that go with its illegality.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I overdosed a few years ago and I got given last rites from priest and my parents told I would be brain damaged if survived. Went to rehab for 3 months followed by 6 months in sober house.

Well done, mate. You managed to make it to the end of a road that not everybody can walk down. Should be proud of yourself.

I think it's really sad that a young woman has died. 27 is no age to die, no matter the circumstances.

On the other issue of her talent, I have to say if it exists, it has completely passed me by. For me, she was a karaoke singer, putting on an American accent and doing a bit of Billie Holiday.

On another point, I agree with Stu when he says that most teenagers won't know who Buddy Holly is, but that's only because those are people who don't know anything about music. If you were a music fan, on balance I think you could say Buddy Holly contributed a significant amount more than Amy Whinehouse to the art form.

Thanks, still got major anxiety issues

Well done on beating your addictions. But tell me, if you dont mind!, knowing what drugs can do to you, including the long term effects that you are now suffering from. Do you draw on your own experience to positively discourage others from taking drugs?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

After hearing her being galled a 'genius' on the news, I'll be avoiding all coverage as if it was the dreaded plague. It'll save me putting the remote through the telebox.

If the drug is clean, is taken in a controlled way and is taken in sensible amounts, you're very unlikely to die from it. It's not the drug that's the most dangerous thing about heroin addiction, it's the things that go with its illegality.

To be honest, I think that the addiction, itself, is the most dangerous part of it.