You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Never been that fussed on war films believe it or not. I find them quite repetitive, plus the early ones offer up cartoon violence while the later ones I think are trying to be overly 'edgy' and grim. As subject matter I'm also not interested in Viet Nam or modern/Gulf war stuff in the slightest.

My favourite (and one of my favourite ever films) is Zulu though. Absolutely superb performance by the two main leads, awesome score and outstanding action. Bit of a message in there too, the Zulus aren't portrayed as bad and the British aren't portrayed as good, as you'd expect in that era.

I feel somthing has gone over my head here and i have made a dick of myself.

Not really, I'm genuinely intrigued as I haven't watched many war films, it's kind of like self torture as like I say they do frustrate me.

The thin red line.

Anyone seen this? I watched it once and thought it was a good film.

I feel somthing has gone over my head here and i have made a dick of myself.

No, it just genuinely tickled me that Rich started his thread and the very first reply didn't give him what he wanted. It's like when someone starts a thread asking for your three favourite soups and then the very first respondent names four, I can't help but chuckle.

Edited by Stu Monty

No, it just genuinely tickled me that Rich started his thread and the very first reply didn't give him what he wanted. It's like when someone starts a thread asking for your three favourite soups and then the very first respondant names four, I can't help but chuckle.

That what happens when you dont read everything before replying.To be honest i really should have learnt my lesson in such things by now,but if have not managed it in 28 years i doubt its going to happen now.

I know the thread is about films, and I risk Monty laughing at me, but Band Of Brothers is just fucking awesome. I can watch it again and again, just superb.

I love Last of the Mohicans too, mainly because the little fat Indian dad in it is nails.

pfr_Mohicans_col_2k_3-26_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

New, didn't know there was an old one. Any good?

The Thin Red Line (1964 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cant really remember to be honest.

The novel was written in 1962 and the first film was made in '64.

I've probably seen it but a lot of war films merge into one in my mind because they are so similar.

Guest Jon Snow

I never really did like war films. Most are to dramatized for my liking. I have interests in WW2 , mostly a book worm tho when it comes to wars.

I been told tho Tora! Tora! Tora! is a cracking watch so I might get round to watching that at some point.

I have watched most of the films listed so far just none of them left there mark.

Guest Jon Snow
Rambo counts in anything.

The first Rambo film was a really good film when I come to think of it. Under the action there was a real message about how we treat our war heroes.