You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Da Nang Hooker: Hey, baby. You got girlfriend Vietnam?

Private Joker: Not just this minute.

Da Nang Hooker: Well, baby, me so horny. Me so HORNY. Me love you long time. You party?

Private Joker: Yeah, we might party. How much?

Da Nang Hooker: Fifteen dollar.

Private Joker: Fifteen dollars for both of us?

Da Nang Hooker: No. Each you fifteen dollar. Me love you long time. Me so HORNY.

Private Joker: Fifteen dollar too beaucoup. Five dollars each.

Da Nang Hooker: Me sucky-sucky. Me love you too much.

Private Joker: Five dollars is all my mom allows me to spend.

Da Nang Hooker: Okay. Ten dollar each.

Private Joker: What do we get for ten dollars?

Da Nang Hooker: Every t'ing you want.

Private Joker: Everything?

Da Nang Hooker: Every t'ing.

Private Joker: [to Rafterman] Well, old buddy, feel like spending some of your hard-earned money?

Why are we lucky he stayed here? He was a fucking recluse, it didn't matter where he lived.

Coz our industry was suffering and he brought a lot of work to our studios. From Lolita onwards England doubled for most of the locations in his films.

Overrated and overacted pile of poop.

I knew this would be a neg-magnet.

Even the much-lauded quotes are just adolescent machismo - every bit as cringeworthy as Pacino shouting "Say hello to my little friend." It's OK to be impressed by this stuff when you're 13, but then you grow up a bit and realise that it's crap.

Also, it's another entry in that genre of films that portrays Americans as in some way the victims in Vietnam. Bollocks to that. The world's most powerful nation went on a genocidal spree in a far corner of the Third World and got its arse handed to it. Good. I can no more have sympathy for the characters in this film than I can for the Nazis in Schindler's List. No amount of gurning and posturing is going to convince me to empathise with the characters in this film.

It's a waste of Kubrick's talent to compare with Eyes Wide Shut.

As much as i dont want to get start a political debate on this thread,i do believe there were American victims in that war.They shouldnt have been there but most of the troops were not given the choice to go or not and when they returned were treated like shit and given no help.

Nasty war that wasnt needed.

I like both but Apocalypse Now is a better film with a better soundtrack anway.

I knew this would be a neg-magnet.

Even the much-lauded quotes are just adolescent machismo - every bit as cringeworthy as Pacino shouting "Say hello to my little friend." It's OK to be impressed by this stuff when you're 13, but then you grow up a bit and realise that it's crap.

Also, it's another entry in that genre of films that portrays Americans as in some way the victims in Vietnam. Bollocks to that. The world's most powerful nation went on a genocidal spree in a far corner of the Third World and got its arse handed to it. Good. I can no more have sympathy for the characters in this film than I can for the Nazis in Schindler's List. No amount of gurning and posturing is going to convince me to empathise with the characters in this film.

It's a waste of Kubrick's talent to compare with Eyes Wide Shut.

So much sixth-form angst and wrongness.

But pretty much to be expected on the GF, which is rife with it.

PS Eyes Wide Shut is fucking gash.