You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is brutal stuff, absolutely brutal.

I wish I'd had more time these last few weeks to comment on our performances in this series, suffice to say that with the ages of this England side we're looking at a group of players here that can write their own legend in test cricket if they can keep their fitness. OK, India look hopelessly out of sorts but even so, in the past we would have been the architects of our own downfall in some of these matches. Instead we have a side that have a good chance even if their opponents play their best game and are utterly ruthless in punishing even the smallest deviation from that standard.

Great times to be an English cricket fan.

Best Test side in the world. Fucking love it. Superb performances and real hard work over the past 2 years. We're a real joy to watch for the first time in my life.

Hopefully we can maintain this now by keeping this team together and not letting standards slip, then also blooding new players when the time arrives.

We've been building to this point since Duncan Fletcher came in as coach. We started with slow but steady improvement under Nasser Hussain, reached fantastic heights with Michael Vaughan and a new low away to the Aussies under Freddie's captaincy before building to the point we are now with Andrew Strauss and Andy Flower.

If you look at ages of the current team, there's no reason we shouldn't dominate test cricket for the next five or six years provided injuries are not too cruel, Strauss is the oldest at 31. I hope Flower remains in charge as he seems to ensure these lads don't let all the praise go to their heads and we have developed a ruthless streak under his charge.

South Africa will be up for the fight and you can be sure the Aussies will be doing all they can to close the current massive gulf, they will be absolutely hating seeing us as the undisputed number one team.

After putting up with years of shite, the England fans and especially the barmy army deserve some success.

Watched the last 2 hours after work.

Listened to it all day on the radio.

Supreme stuff from Bell. Again.

Edit : And KP obviously. But Bumble kept waffling on about just how immense Bell played. KP just played like KP does - which in itself is blindingly brilliant, but the more assured display came from the other end.

I hope he gets this double ton tomorrow, needs to get that 199 off his back.

Watched the last 2 hours after work.

Listened to it all day on the radio.

Supreme stuff from Bell. Again.

Edit : And KP obviously. But Bumble kept waffling on about just how immense Bell played. KP just played like KP does - which in itself is blindingly brilliant, but the more assured display came from the other end.

I hope he gets this double ton tomorrow, needs to get that 199 off his back.

I was interviewing all day so couldn't get to see anything apart from the last hour.

I have the highlights recorded to watch tonight though with a few beers.

Completely agree about Bell, he always had the talent but he has the temprament now to back it up.

England have been excellent & professional but having looked forward to this series massively, I have been really deflated by India's ( lack of ) effort.

While acknowledging their bad luck losing their best bowler very early on in the series, most of the rest of them have been a shambles & watching their fielding has been of the ' peek through the fingers ' variety.

I would give Kumar particularly & also Dhoni a pass, but not any of the others.

England have been excellent & professional but having looked forward to this series massively, I have been really deflated by India's ( lack of ) effort.

While acknowledging their bad luck losing their best bowler very early on in the series, most of the rest of them have been a shambles & watching their fielding has been of the ' peek through the fingers ' variety.

I would give Kumar particularly & also Dhoni a pass, but not any of the others.

Why the fuck would you give Dhoni a pass?

Crap with the bat (bar one knock),

Terrible captaincy and

God fucking awful keeping.