You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The officials were poor because they didnt let the dismissal and correct decision stand,they shouldnt have let others change their decision.

They might have been brilliant regarding LBWs etc but got a very big one wrong.

All water under the bridge now anyway.

They tried to follow the laws of the game.

The fact England were embaressing in their actions shouldn't reflect on the officials.

If I had rioted and been battered outside Edgbaston, that might have been less painful than following our batting.

This is the 2nd test in a row where I have left home for work at one down, Mom/Dad tell me we have lost 2 more while driving and when I log in from work we are 4 down. Bloody hopeless and this against a team that is usually useless

If I had rioted and been battered outside Edgbaston, that might have been less painful than following our batting.

This is the 2nd test in a row where I have left home for work at one down, Mom/Dad tell me we have lost 2 more while driving and when I log in from work we are 4 down. Bloody hopeless and this against a team that is usually useless

Don't be a soft lad.

That`s the thing though. At home we would do you and pretty much anyone else in. You might admittedly put up a better fight than our boys are currently.

This number 1 thing is kinda up for grabs it seems. Most of the top 4 or so teams would prolly do the others in at their gaff. I dont think we will be seeing a team as dominant as the Windies from the 70-80`s and the Aussies till a few years ago any more. Those were probably the only sides that could just about go anywhere and win.

The next few years will tell if anyone that grabs the number 1 spot can go to number 2/3/4 and win there. I doubt it, but time will tell I spose. We obviously couldnt.

That`s the thing though. At home we would do you and pretty much anyone else in. You might admittedly put up a better fight than our boys are currently.

This number 1 thing is kinda up for grabs it seems. Most of the top 4 or so teams would prolly do the others in at their gaff. I dont think we will be seeing a team as dominant as the Windies from the 70-80`s and the Aussies till a few years ago any more. Those were probably the only sides that could just about go anywhere and win.

The next few years will tell if anyone that grabs the number 1 spot can go to number 2/3/4 and win there. I doubt it, but time will tell I spose. We obviously couldnt.

I disagree.

The aussies, saffas and England either home or away would all be entertaining series' but I'd expect England to win all of them. The saffas away being the hardest but I'd still be confident.

Fair enough. I`d think different but opinions and all that...

The next Ashes are in England right? You`ll win that. The one in Aus will be tricky. I cant imagine England keeping the Ashes 4 times in a row, given recent Ashes history. I dont know how far back I`d have to go to find the last time you`d won two series in a row in Oz, if at all. I think Australia might well do you in then if you hold on to Number 1 that long.

How about at ours or even Pakistan and SL? How`d you reckon you`d do?