You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the Bell controversy is deflecting the fact that England have, from two seperately poor positions within the game (at 124-8 in the first innings and then routing India after they were 267-4), destroyed India again. England are clearly the best test side in the world right now, and if you would have told me that five years ago after being bummed senseless against the Aussies, i'd have laughed in your face. Strong in every position, a brilliant coach in Flower and a will to win that i for one cannot recall in an England side. I'm massively proud of that and will milk it for as long as possible, because it's a rarity that we've ever had it so good.

Yes, all of that controversy should not overshadow what has been an excellent match from your boys. We have had our chances to bury you in this one and we could not. Hopefully in the next one though.

As things stand, you will get number one now. Holding on to it might be trickier with away ties over the next couple of years as we found out. I think we will do well in our home series to be there or thereabouts.

I see Cardie has returned to his old habits of just trying to stir shit without actually contributing anything to a discussion.

Great performance from the England bowling attack. There is so much strength in depth with Finn & Tremlett, not to mention Onions and others waiting in the wings. Glad the result was a clear one in the end so the incident can be put to rest.

My point was that you thought the officials were poor, they were anything but.

The officials were poor because they didnt let the dismissal and correct decision stand,they shouldnt have let others change their decision.

They might have been brilliant regarding LBWs etc but got a very big one wrong.

All water under the bridge now anyway.

Cardie, you've been a right grumpy bastard of late.

Bell added about 20 runs to his total after that incident. England won by a few more than that...

The number of runs added is irrelevant, psychologically it had an affect on them and they capitulated.

The officials were poor because they didnt let the dismissal and correct decision stand,they shouldnt have let others change their decision.

They might have been brilliant regarding LBWs etc but got a very big one wrong.

All water under the bridge now anyway.

In all fairness the rules state that the captain can withdraw his teams appeal before the next ball, which Dhoni obviously did. The officials got it spot on. As an Englishman it still makes me feel a bit uneasy, in a way I'm glad Bell didn't go on to make many more.

I've been disappointed with India, I was hoping for a classic like the Ashes series in 2005 but India have arrived under prepared and looking tired. The only Indian players putting up any resistance are Dravid, Tendulkar and Praveen Kumar. They've had some bad luck with injuries to Zaheer Khan and Virender Sehwag and Gambhir was clearly missed in this latest test. I can't see them coming back in the next two tests and weather permitting think England will win the series 4-0.

South Africa will put up more of a show than India have, it's a disgrace that our summer series with them next year is only three tests, they deserve at least four and I'd have liked to see a five mach series. It has the potential to be a classic with the South Africans far more at home in English conditions and having a very strong batting and bowling line-up. I think that series will show who are the best team in the world.