You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That we can shake hands on. I dont agree with most actions of the BCCI. Not suggesting that anyone has more sway than BCCI within the ICC. Dunno where you got that from.

Not blaming you lot for us being batoned at ours either. Dont see where you are getting that from. Just saying it is a mentality thing back home that I dont agree with. And it is our problem and we need to sort it out ourselves. Cricketing wins at the likes of yours go a long way in us being able to hold our heads high with pride. As does being able to stand our ground and for our own. Which is why this call from Dhoni pissed me and others off. That`s what I was saying. Dont really need our captain pressured and taking a decision that otherwise would nto have been taken. This call will not be seen as sporting gesture back home by loads. This will just be taken as "Them lot told us to do so and we did it" and to be honest thats how I read it when it happened and went ah well here we go again acting as we are "expected" to act.

And the empire comments were just a bit of joke on my part tbh. No offence intended.

And finally just cause the BCCI has too much sway within ICC, doesnt mean the same happens on the field. And it does not equate to "leveling the score" on the pitch by asking us to withdraw appeals knowing that Dhoni might oblige by "not wanting another political shitstorm" as you suggested. Be too much of a good guy and you`ll become a doormat. I hope this does not start a trend in our camp.

I suppose I am being too hard on Dhoni since it was apparently an unanimous decision by all according to Dravid. If Dravid and Sachin were behind it, I spose then I cant really question the call. Very few can.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I am being too hard on Dhoni since it was apparently an unanimous decision by all according to Dravid. If Dravid and Sachin were behind it, I spose then I cant really question the call. Very few can.

I find that totally pathetic. If MS had made the call it was wrong. But if Sachin and Dravid made it it was right?

That we can shake hands on. I dont agree with most actions of the BCCI. Not suggesting that anyone has more sway than BCCI within the ICC. Dunno where you got that from.

Not blaming you lot for us being batoned at ours either. Dont see where you are getting that from. Just saying it is a mentality thing back home that I dont agree with. And it is our problem and we need to sort it out ourselves. Cricketing wins at the likes of yours go a long way in us being able to hold our heads high with pride. As does being able to stand our ground and for our own. Which is why this call from Dhoni pissed me and others off. That`s what I was saying. Dont really need our captain pressured and taking a decision that otherwise would nto have been taken. This call will not be seen as sporting gesture back home by loads. This will just be taken as "Them lot told us to do so and we did it" and to be honest thats how I read it when it happened and went ah well here we go again acting as we are "expected" to act.

And the empire comments were just a bit of joke on my part tbh. No offence intended.

And finally just cause the BCCI has too much sway within ICC, doesnt mean the same happens on the field. And it does not equate to "leveling the score" on the pitch by asking us to withdraw appeals knowing that Dhoni might oblige by "not wanting another political shitstorm" as you suggested. Be too much of a good guy and you`ll become a doormat. I hope this does not start a trend in our camp.

My point was that the BCCI are far too powerful for their own good, they do not represent the best intersets of international cricket and as a result of their actions they added pressure to Dhoni to chnge his decision.

Dhoni made the correct decision, unfortunately the BCCI often do not.

Holding is class and always talks sense, if you disagree with him you are normally wrong.

As for Garner, who in that side would you have asked?

Thought most of the commentators were spot on to be fair. Even Hussain, and thats not something I often think. You're right, Holding is such a classy guy, and probably one of the top five or six pace bowlers ever.

Agree with you on the point you picked up on the officials in an earlier post. They were exemplary. Couldn't have possibly handled the situation better.

Its the England management, including the ECB (judging by Atherton's comments), who come out of this looking a bit embarrassing. Sets a really poor precedent for anything that ever happens like this again.

Do you not think that the decision was made, if possibly only sub consciously, not just by those in the dressing room?

Nobody really knows, nor will probably ever know, just how much influence either your board or ours has had over this.

This is what happens when people other than the umpires try and umpire the game.

That's such bollocks. If the Indian team hadn't appealed in the first place then this would never have come to be. They shouldn't have appealed, as it was clear that Bell wasn't trying to gain any advantage and had easily made his ground. Bell was stupid, but didn't deserve to be dismissed in those circumstances.

Credit to India for withdrawing their appeal, but the damage was already done in some ways. I agree that Bell's presence at the crease after the tea interval was awkward and uncomfortable and maybe India making the offer and England declining would have been a better outcome.

Anyway, it was a great knock from Belly and Prior looks to be in the form of his life. I can only see one side winning from here.

Whilst I agree with your general point mate the bit I bolded is bollocks.

In my humble opinion of course.

I cant see anything in bold so can you enlighten me on the bit you disagree with.

Indian Red,regarding Ganguly,i heard stories that when he came over to play for Lancs he kicked off because he wasnt fawned over by fans and realised cricketers in England are generally middle management type people who go about their day to day business like everybody else,minus chauffeur too.

I absolutely respect Rahul Dravid as one of the best cricketers of the last 20 years though and he seems quite a humble guy too.

I've heard a lot of people say this, but it's just speculation. It can't be said with any conviction at al.

[YOUTUBE]87m2d6cV4F0[/YOUTUBE]

This was only two years ago. Probably has some influence over people's judgement. Obviously this incident was far worse as Elliott did absolutely nothing wrong, unlike Bell.

India are getting more and more ragged and demoralised here. England might bat until lunch, then declare. Or maybe declare if/when Bresnan gets his ton.

Without jumping the gun here, England are starting to look more and more like the Australians of the past 2 decades. It doesn't matter how good the opponents are, they still manage to find that extra edge when it is required.

I agree that this was a mistake and the appeal shouldn't have happened, or should have been withdrawn.

On this occasion though nobody knows what England would have done. That's a fact & you can't argue with facts.

Given they've cheated in the past I don't think it's unfair to assume they would again.

Given they've cheated in the past I don't think it's unfair to assume they would again.

They didn't cheat though, just that Collingwood acted like a twat!

Yesterday was different because it could have been interpreted that the Indian's conned Bell into thinking it was dead! They shouldn't have appealed in the first place.

That's such bollocks. If the Indian team hadn't appealed in the first place then this would never have come to be. They shouldn't have appealed, as it was clear that Bell wasn't trying to gain any advantage and had easily made his ground. Bell was stupid, but didn't deserve to be dismissed in those circumstances.

Credit to India for withdrawing their appeal, but the damage was already done in some ways. I agree that Bell's presence at the crease after the tea interval was awkward and uncomfortable and maybe India making the offer and England declining would have been a better outcome.

Anyway, it was a great knock from Belly and Prior looks to be in the form of his life. I can only see one side winning from here.

Which circumstances were these these?

The ones were he ran himself out?

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

Which circumstances were these these?

The ones were he ran himself out?

No need to be a smart arse. I think you are fully aware of the circumstances I am referring to.

I cant see anything in bold so can you enlighten me on the bit you disagree with.

Indian Red,regarding Ganguly,i heard stories that when he came over to play for Lancs he kicked off because he wasnt fawned over by fans and realised cricketers in England are generally middle management type people who go about their day to day business like everybody else,minus chauffeur too.

I absolutely respect Rahul Dravid as one of the best cricketers of the last 20 years though and he seems quite a humble guy too.

My point was that you thought the officials were poor, they were anything but.

They didn't cheat though, just that Collingwood acted like a twat!

Yesterday was different because it could have been interpreted that the Indian's conned Bell into thinking it was dead! They shouldn't have appealed in the first place.

I'm not even going to dignify that with a response.

No need to be a smart arse. I think you are fully aware of the circumstances I am referring to.

The first point is absolute bollocks, seeing as half the Indian team didn't realise what was going on that was some 'con'.

I am fully aware of the circumstances mate.

I am also aware that Bell ran himself out and should have been given out.

Broad scored 64 runs off of 66 balls in the first innings (with his side 124/8 when he arrived at the crease), 6-46 with the ball (including 5 for 0 in 16 balls) and then 44 runs off of 32 balls in the second innings.

So who's going to bet man of the match?