You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The passion, the will to win, the tackling, the passing the goals, the inspiration.... It would take about half a dozen players to replace him.

He will be very hard to replace. Will miss his drive and passion for Liverpool FC when he retires.

• 4 weeks later...

I love the lad and maybe it's unfair to expect it of him but he should retire as captain of England and shove it down those scummy twats throat at the FA. Sick of those cunts and if Gerrard loves Luis as much as he claims it shouldn't be a problem.

He's given us so much already and I'm not on a "do this or else" rant I'm just sick of the treatment we get from these holier than thou pricks in their ivory tower while we bend over and take the medicine.

Gerrard is far too good for them and don't get me started on that turkey neck'd arse wipe who's "managing" them.

Guest davelfc

Gerrard didn't bite anyone, Suarez gave the bastards the ammunition himself. I don't see why Gerrard should call an end to his england career over a mistake by Suarez.

I would like to see Gerrard pack in England purely to extend his career at Liverpool but not over something like this.

I love the lad and maybe it's unfair to expect it of him but he should retire as captain of England and shove it down those scummy twats throat at the FA. Sick of those cunts and if Gerrard loves Luis as much as he claims it shouldn't be a problem.

He's given us so much already and I'm not on a "do this or else" rant I'm just sick of the treatment we get from these holier than thou pricks in their ivory tower while we bend over and take the medicine.

Gerrard is far too good for them and don't get me started on that turkey neck'd arse wipe who's "managing" them.

Erm.... no.

Guest davelfc

Gerrard requires shoulder surgery - Liverpool FC

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is likely to require surgery on a shoulder injury during the summer.

The 32-year-old, who has completed every minute of the Reds' Barclays Premier League campaign to date, has been playing through the problem according to first-team coach Mike Marsh.

"It's looking more and more likely that he might require surgery," Marsh told Liverpoolfc.com on Wednesday.

"He has been playing with a shoulder injury for quite a while now. If it gets to the stage where he gets any worse, we'll try to find the right time for him to get it fixed properly.

"It's not ideal timing, it's going to take quite a while for him to heal. It's a funny injury - it's pretty similar to Joe Allen.

It never rains.

Gerrard requires shoulder surgery - Liverpool FC

Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is likely to require surgery on a shoulder injury during the summer.

The 32-year-old, who has completed every minute of the Reds' Barclays Premier League campaign to date, has been playing through the problem according to first-team coach Mike Marsh.

"It's looking more and more likely that he might require surgery," Marsh told Liverpoolfc.com on Wednesday.

"He has been playing with a shoulder injury for quite a while now. If it gets to the stage where he gets any worse, we'll try to find the right time for him to get it fixed properly.

"It's not ideal timing, it's going to take quite a while for him to heal. It's a funny injury - it's pretty similar to Joe Allen.

It never rains.

Fuck. I wonder should he have the op now then or wait till the season is over. How long are we looking at him being out for? We need him sharp for the beginning of next season seeing as Luis will be missing.

In my ideal world after Brendan's gone and hopefully leaves with a title or at least in champs league Gerrad would be our next manager.

Gerard has earned that IMO, you can talk all you want about experience but I think Gerard could attract top players and certainly would command their respect.Gerrard has to get a league winners medal here whether its player or manager.

In my ideal world after Brendan's gone and hopefully leaves with a title or at least in champs league Gerrad would be our next manager.

Gerard has earned that IMO, you can talk all you want about experience but I think Gerard could attract top players and certainly would command their respect.Gerrard has to get a league winners medal here whether its player or manager.

I think that would be mightily unfair to the lad before he's ready...however, if he had the right back-up, Kenny and/or Rafa in the way Kenny had Bob...well, you never know.

In all seriousness, the man has sheds of experience working under great managers (Houllier, Benitez, Dalblish, Ericson & Capello) and will learn not to make mistakes working with lesser managers (McLaren & Hodgson).

I didnt put Brendan in either category yet.

This question would be for the fans remember to recall the early 80's - would you ever have thought Kenny Dalglish would be manager in 1985??