You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

he'll miss most of it given his injury record. quicker th club brings in some sort of pay as you play deal the better because at present he's costing the club just as much as people like Degen & Jovanovic. As with Agger, it doesn't matter how good the player is, they are no use if they can't stay fit.

Hopefully Gerrard's injury problems will finally be sorted with the op and long lay off but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Tosh.

Gerrard sells loads of merchandise which pays for his wages - unlike Degen, Jovanovic etc.

Awful comparison.

Plus Gerrard is arguably our greatest ever player and deserves everything he gets paid.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tosh.

Gerrard sells loads of merchandise which pays for his wages - unlike Degen, Jovanovic etc.

Awful comparison.

Plus Gerrard is arguably our greatest ever player and deserves everything he gets paid.

I've negged his constant RAWK-esque Gerrard hating. Hopefully many, many others will follow suit.

It's tiresome

I'm just glad that we've invested in the squad in time for his more serious injury problems, Henderson looks a great replacement for him if he is out this season.

No pressure for young Henderson then. He only needs to replace one of the greatest midfielder this country has ever seen.

For next season, Gerrard might actually benefit from not having to prepare for 2 fixtures a week all the time. If nothing else, it will give Bruckner's medical staff more time to plan and manage Gerrard's physical fitness. It's strange how some of our fans talk about him as if he's all washed up. He's still younger than me (just!) and when he's fit and firing, he is still one of the best players in the world.

He was always younger than you and always will be.

imo Gerrard is our greatest ever player, if recounted stories are to be believed Liddle was probably better, but I never saw him. That said we really do need to start planning for life after him, which we clearly are. His style of play was always going to catch up with him. How could it not?

Steven Gerrard has only made less than 43 appearances in a season once in the last ten years. Just thought I would throw that random fact into the mix.

If I was hatin, I could probably throw into the debate that he should not have played all of those games, as he has been blatantly unfit in at least 5 games per season... I'm not hatin though:-)

he'll miss most of it given his injury record. quicker th club brings in some sort of pay as you play deal the better because at present he's costing the club just as much as people like Degen & Jovanovic. As with Agger, it doesn't matter how good the player is, they are no use if they can't stay fit.

Hopefully Gerrard's injury problems will finally be sorted with the op and long lay off but i'm not getting my hopes up.

Would you entertain selling him if we received a substantial offer(£30m+)?

Guest San Don

I really dont get why some people have a downer on Gerrard. Whether he's the best ever LFC player is down to individuals to decide. But what cannot be discounted is he clearly is one of the best ever reds.

I've seen people claiming Gerrard just 'strolled' about in games the last couple of seasons. Of course they didnt know he was carrying a serious injury but they were prepared to condemn him based on that lack of knowledge.

Then they say he shouldnt be playing if he was injured. How do they know he wasnt asked to play by the club through those injuries? They dont but they still condemn him for doing so.

Then they say we should sell him. Like a used piece of meat. So much for loyalty!

You dont treat great servants in such a way. Or at least, we dont.

If I was hatin, I could probably throw into the debate that he should not have played all of those games, as he has been blatantly unfit in at least 5 games per season... I'm not hatin though:-)

It's down to the backroom staff whether he plays or not, not the player. I would say that if he's been putting himself forward to play whilst injured that's a laudable thing, and the fact he has not been better protected is not his fault. Maybe he could have got over this groin problem 18 months ago if we'd bit the bullet and been a bit wiser in using him.

It's down to the backroom staff whether he plays or not, not the player. I would say that if he's been putting himself forward to play whilst injured that's a laudable thing, and the fact he has not been better protected is not his fault. Maybe he could have got over this groin problem 18 months ago if we'd bit the bullet and been a bit wiser in using him.

Does that include meaningless international friendlies as well?

Evidently not, but that's true of most players.

Errr, no. That's exactly my point. Most top players past their mid-twenties playing for top clubs seem to be a lot quicker to pull out from internationals... At this point I think our Captain's need/wish to prove himself internationally is surpassing his desire to play well in red. Still a wonderful player of course, let's hope he can have a less injury-ravaged season whatever we think of him.