You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Gerrard is our best player, our captain, the first name on our teamsheet as a captain should be. Anyone who ever talks shit about our captain and calls himself a fan is a fucking cunt.

Now I understand a little bit of fair criticism, but Jesus Funnneeee stop being not funny, don't you see you're making Silverlining look smart

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liverpool set to miss Steven Gerrard for the start of the season through injury - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Liverpool prepare to start the season without injured Gerrard

Liverpool are braced to start their Premier League campaign without injured skipper Steven Gerrard.

That almost certainly rules him out of England’s friendly with Holland on August 10 and makes him a major doubt for the Euro 2012 qualifier with Wales on September 6.

The Sunday Mirror understands 31-year-old Gerrard’s recovery from a second groin injury is more complicated than first anticipated.

Read more: Liverpool set to miss Steven Gerrard for the start of the season through injury - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

To be honest I have been half expecting this but it is better he gets it sorted this time and properly but it is not good news.

I remember months ago the words expected to be fit and that sent the alarm bells ringing then.

Gerard or no Gerrard, Acquilani should be kept. He is the only midfielder now who knows how to pass the ball. There is a lot of deadwood to get rid of.

Aside from not being the best at that by a mile. He is also a shithouse boss eyed crock.

Whopper

He'll miss the start of the season.

he'll miss most of it given his injury record. quicker th club brings in some sort of pay as you play deal the better because at present he's costing the club just as much as people like Degen & Jovanovic. As with Agger, it doesn't matter how good the player is, they are no use if they can't stay fit.

Hopefully Gerrard's injury problems will finally be sorted with the op and long lay off but i'm not getting my hopes up.