You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest davelfc

You all saw how we coped without him last season and that was with a weaker squad than we have now.

He's very important, christ he's a world class player. For me he's the best player in the premiership.

I'm looking forward to seeing our world class captain having some real quality and creativity around him. I think he'll thrive on it and we'll see even more from him if that's possible.

Guest Jon Snow
He's planning to play against Valencia.

Thanks for sorting that one out Dave , I have to see Stevie saying on TV live that he will never play again until I get worried.I mean Giggs is going strong still and he is what 37 not like he ain't got his fair share of injuries.I think we need some Prozac in this thread.

Guest Jon Snow
You all saw how we coped without him last season and that was with a weaker squad than we have now.

He's very important, christ he's a world class player. For me he's the best player in the premiership.

I'm looking forward to seeing our world class captain having some real quality and creativity around him. I think he'll thrive on it and we'll see even more from him if that's possible.

Well for me Stevie hasn't been best player in prem for last 2 seasons , don't get me wrong I love him to bits.I still think he got 1-2 awesome seasons left in him when he hits his peak fitness.I could say he is still the greatest but for me I feel like I would be shitting all over his glory years if I said that.I think we forget for a good 4 seasons he carried this team almost single handed and it took a lot out of him , burn out was always going to come in the end.But this break I really think will do him wonders.

But I am sure he still has a lot more to give.

Guest davelfc
Well for me Stevie hasn't been best player in prem for last 2 seasons , don't get me wrong I love him to bits.I still think he got 1-2 awesome seasons left in him when he hits his peak fitness.I could say he is still the greatest but for me I feel like I would be shitting all over his glory years if I said that.I think we forget for a good 4 seasons he carried this team almost single handed and it took a lot out of him , burn out was always going to come in the end.But this break I really think will do him wonders.

But I am sure he still has a lot more to give.

Yeah you're right, he's shit.

Guest Jon Snow
Yeah you're right, he's shit.

Don't be a drama queen I didn't say he is shit I said he just hasn't been at his best and to say he has would make a mockery of his peak years.

We'd be absolutely stupid to be relying on him anyway. All well and good if he's fit and able to play. But the days of the team being built around him are over, or should be at any rate.

The team wasn't built around him, it just looked that way because he was miles better than all the other players and we only ever had one or two other players who were an offensive threat.

And he's still our best player, but I would hope that we have more depth and quality squad-wise so that it is more than just Gerrard and Torres or Gerrard and Suarez.

I think with players like Adam, Carroll, Johnson and Downing we have players that can threaten, and take control of games and give Gerrard the support his phenomenal talent deserves.

Guest Jon Snow
Sami is a living god. Jari should have been played a lot more.

Dolph Lundgren asked sami how to look hard before he shot rocky 4 FACT !

I wouldn't be surprised if Gerrard has one of his best seasons ever. He's not a youngster anymore so maybe he can't play every game and yes injuries will come into it more but he has experience and that rest must have done him the world of good. Seeing that the team can win without him has also probably taken a lot of the pressure off him. He was looking quite close to burnout before he got injured. Let's hope he's made a full recovery. I think that mentally he's going to be well up for it this season. It may actually be like having a new signing in some ways.

I was worried about this when we started signing central mids like fuck.

Cant be bothered to find it. Kenny obviously knew something wasnt right.

Think we'll be fine without him tbh.

Yeah, we'll be fine without his creativity, will to win, drive, pace and goals.

Maybe the FA will let us replace Gerrard with Adam, Henderson and Lucas and pretend they're one player.

Yeah, we'll be fine without his creativity, will to win, drive, pace and goals.

Maybe the FA will let us replace Gerrard with Adam, Henderson and Lucas and pretend they're one player.

We finished the season well without him. We now have better players in some areas, with more to come hopefully.

Excuse me for being positive.

Now, back to you vat of piss and bile, you need a top up.

We finished the season well without him. We now have better players in some areas, with more to come hopefully.

Excuse me for being positive.

Now, back to you vat of piss and bile, you need a top up.

We don't have anyone better than Gerrard, which is why everyone is desperate for him to be fit, and he's the first name on the teamsheet.

I worry about him playing in his 'best position' - copyright SKY SPORTS. I think if we played him in a 4-3-3 with Carol and Suarez, we'd be more likely to get a few more years out of him.

I'd rather push him forwards than have him drop deeper. I know Keane sat deeper when he was no longer capable of being box to box, but then he was far better defensively anyway than Stevie; whilst Gerrard is twice the attacker Keane ever was.

Sadly, that leaves no room for Downing.

This sounds really gay, but I just realized how much I would miss Stevie in the team. What a legend that man is.

Same here.

Probably because I've never known a Liverpool team without him. Makes me sad just to think about it.

Fingers crossed he'll be fine, what Dave says is positive. If his fitness is okay, I think he'll have an ace season.

I worry about him playing in his 'best position' - copyright SKY SPORTS. I think if we played him in a 4-3-3 with Carol and Suarez, we'd be more likely to get a few more years out of him.

I'd rather push him forwards than have him drop deeper. I know Keane sat deeper when he was no longer capable of being box to box, but then he was far better defensively anyway than Stevie; whilst Gerrard is twice the attacker Keane ever was.

Sadly, that leaves no room for Downing.

If you want to keep him further forward what's wrong with 4-2-3-1? Downing, Gerrard, and Suarez all playing fluidly behind Carroll.