Quantcast
What is the best show on TV right now? - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Kevin D

What is the best show on TV right now?

Well?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Breaking Bad
    • Sons of Anarchy
    • Fringe
    • Mad Men
    • Boardwalk empire
    • Game of Thornes
    • House
    • Other

As I see it, because of their, relative, longevity and consistency it's a straight fight between Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. In terms of quality, I cannot separate them so I thought a poll was in order.

Guest ShoePiss

Just downloaded the first two episodes of curb your enthusiasm season 8, without seeing it I'll say it's that.

Private poll - boo!

The answer is SAMCRO, for me. It's ace. Honourable mentions to British telly too as I think the following are better than many of the lauded US shows in the poll: Luther, The Shadow Line and Scott and Bailey were all ace.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Tough one. Breaking Bad was just incredible last night, so I'll go with that. I do like Fringe and SOA, but Breaking Bad is pretty amazing.

Sons of Anarchy although I haven't seen most of those mentioned, most of them don't appeal really. I doubt we'll see anything in The Wire/Shield/Sopranos league for quite some time though, if ever.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Sons of Anarchy although I haven't seen most of those mentioned, most of them don't appeal really. I doubt we'll see anything in The Wire/Shield/Sopranos league for quite some time though, if ever.

Breaking Bad is firmly in Shield and Sopranos territory, for me.

Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy and Game of Thrones but I went and voted for Boardwalk Empire by mistake.

I would have voted for Breaking Bad because Bryan Cranston's acting is incredible.

Private poll - boo!

The answer is SAMCRO, for me. It's ace. Honourable mentions to British telly too as I think the following are better than many of the lauded US shows in the poll: Luther, The Shadow Line and Scott and Bailey were all ace.

The private poll was an oversight, I hate them.

The omission of British programs was a mistake, I was mainly going off what I can remember getting praised on here(I haven't seen GOT or BE) or shows that get great critical acclaim(I didn't like what I've seen of Mad Men and, while I really like House I don't think it belongs in the argument).

As I said, though, this is really between Breaking Bad and Sons; I want to be able to recommend them by describing as the best show on TV and, as has been established, the GF is an authority figure on the subject as well as having legally binding polls.

I went for Other - BBC News channel, thats where the action is at at the minute.

As of next week the best thing on the tele box will be Entourage. Cant wait for its return.

House is the only one I've seen on the list, but I've lost track of it and haven't watched it in a while, I used to love it though. Is there a series airing currently?

Dexter is probably my favourite.

Series 5 finished a couple of months back.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Available Subscriptions

• Last Match Report

• Latest Posts

• Nothing about the Thiago link makes sense.   1) We're apparently not signing anybody 2) If we were signing someone, centre midfield is the last position we should be looking at. 3) He's 29, that's not how we operate these days. 4) The 'journalists' (Palmeri and Romano) who are most vocal about it happening have never been right about anything. Ever.   I'd be genuinely shocked if we signed him.
    • Jesus Carra doesn't half talk shite     Just leaned into him, you mean put his shoulder through his back. 
    • I stand corrected. That's the best one.  
    • Was that Tory @Null and void its not safe' Deeney getting off the bus with no face mask 
    • I don't dispute they're running the business efficiently for the balance sheet. But they're made some pretty big PR mis-steps in doing so (for relatively small amounts of money) which they've had to roll back from, furlough and ticket prices spring to mind, but I'm sure there's been another couple of things I just can't quite think in my semi hungover state. They do this stuff because they don't give a fuck and want to get away with whatever they can. They do however see the value in not becoming Mike Ashley and completely alienating the fan base, so on occasion they've back tracked because of the bad PR.    As for they don't make money till they sell, well that's their business model and a perfectly legitimate one. I don't see there's any credit to be given for that, it's literally the path they choose to make money. They don't have to sell 100% either to recover their money, they could sell 10% today and have their original investment back.    And as for not putting in additional funds - actually I think they should have done that at the start. The bought a business in distress, I don't think it would have been unreasonable for them to put something in to turn around the fortunes. However, I'd have settled for them doing the 1 thing they promised when they walked through the door, which is to deliver a 60k stadium. I'm happy they've chosen not to leave anfield, but that doesn't mean the only real beneficiaries should be hospitality brigade. It's taken them 10 years to get half way to the 60k from where they were and now things are on pause again because of corona. Now that's feels ok if it didn't take us 10 years to just get some pictures of the Annie road. Even that tight cunt down at spurs has identified a location and built a brand new stadium in that time. There's just no excuse for it. It's not like we're talking about billions here, it's the transfer fee and not even the wages of a decent footballer. I might even be more forgiving if we bought players without selling, but they don't do that either. Increased capacity pays for itself. Not as quickly as fsg want in the case of the road end (17 years according to the club, but then we've gone nowhere with that stand in 10 years, we could be half way done by now), but it does pay for itself. I just don't think the lethargic approach is about anything other than they just don't want to do it. When they came in they promised to sort the stadium, to under promise and over deliver. It seems they made 1 promise and never delivered. I don't think it's unreasonable to have expected them to put in some investment to move the stadium forward in a more timely manner. And I don't moan about the stadium because of my own self interest. I have a season ticket and access to almost as much hospitality as I want. But I want the most reds possible to watch their team. That was the promise. 
  • Latest Round Up

• Popular Contributors

• Football Betting Site Betway