You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is the best show on TV right now?

Kevin D

Well?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Breaking Bad
    • Sons of Anarchy
    • Fringe
    • Mad Men
    • Boardwalk empire
    • Game of Thornes
    • House
    • Other

Private poll - boo!

The answer is SAMCRO, for me. It's ace. Honourable mentions to British telly too as I think the following are better than many of the lauded US shows in the poll: Luther, The Shadow Line and Scott and Bailey were all ace.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Tough one. Breaking Bad was just incredible last night, so I'll go with that. I do like Fringe and SOA, but Breaking Bad is pretty amazing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Sons of Anarchy although I haven't seen most of those mentioned, most of them don't appeal really. I doubt we'll see anything in The Wire/Shield/Sopranos league for quite some time though, if ever.

Breaking Bad is firmly in Shield and Sopranos territory, for me.

Private poll - boo!

The answer is SAMCRO, for me. It's ace. Honourable mentions to British telly too as I think the following are better than many of the lauded US shows in the poll: Luther, The Shadow Line and Scott and Bailey were all ace.

The private poll was an oversight, I hate them.

The omission of British programs was a mistake, I was mainly going off what I can remember getting praised on here(I haven't seen GOT or BE) or shows that get great critical acclaim(I didn't like what I've seen of Mad Men and, while I really like House I don't think it belongs in the argument).

As I said, though, this is really between Breaking Bad and Sons; I want to be able to recommend them by describing as the best show on TV and, as has been established, the GF is an authority figure on the subject as well as having legally binding polls.