You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind what he got in. No what has really impressed me, and here I make an assumption that most of this is down to Comolli, is how we have been able to shift so much deadwood in one transfer window. That has really taken some work to do, I have to give him that.

I think credit has to go to the whole management / board for this. We are now operating 'properly' and all decision makers, strategists and the overall judgement seems to have been carefully mapped out.

It feels good to be an LFC fan again we are now operating the 'the liverpool way' and long may it continue!

He needs a song.

Oh Comolli, Damien Comolli

Brought us Suarez Carroll Adam and Doni

With his silly french words he flushed all the turds

Oh Comolli... we're in love

To the tune of Copacabana:

At the Copa (CO!), Copacabana (Copacabana)

The hottest spot north of Havana (here)

At the Copa (CO!), Copacabana

Music and passion were always the fashion

At the Copa....they fell in love

Guest ShoePiss
He needs a song.

Brought us Suarez Carroll Adam and Doni

With his silly french words he flushed all the turds

Oh Comolli... we're in love

To the tune of Copacabana:

At the Copa (CO!), Copacabana (Copacabana)

The hottest spot north of Havana (here)

At the Copa (CO!), Copacabana

Music and passion were always the fashion

At the Copa....they fell in love

Good stuff, can you do one for the kit manager too? Graham Carter...

Damien Comolli today hailed the 'bravery' of owners John Henry and Tom Werner for allowing him to reshape the Liverpool squad during this summer's transfer window.

With the window now closed until the new year, the Reds are left to reflect on a period of exhaustive transfer activity which saw seven new faces arrive and a number leave either on loan or on permanent deals.

Speaking minutes after completing the deal to bring Craig Bellamy back to Anfield, Comolli said: "It's difficult for me to put into words what they gave us throughout the summer. Their support was absolutely tremendous, in the down times and in the up times.

"When they needed to invest money we didn't think they'd have to John and Tom were unbelievably helpful. I think we are very lucky to have these owners because people need to realise a lot of owners would have said the squad is too big so you need to reduce it, and then when you've done that bring some players in. But that was never the approach they had. They were happy to take risks and happy for us to spend the money, they were happy to support us and to trust us as well.

"I told them in the summer we need to buy players first and towards the end of the window there would be a lot of movement with players going out, and they were very, very brave to accept that, having had no experience of a similar transfer window.

"From the outside it might be difficult to understand, but from my side their support was absolutely tremendous."

Great words by DC, makes a key point in the owners trusting him to offload the huge amount of dead wood late in the window and allowing the big money to be invested early on. Clearly a risk which they've been willing to take which has lead to us securing our number 1 targets for once.

Off the top of my head, the only player who we don't seem to have shifted who we would have wanted to is Brad Jones.

Kenny knows a good player when he sees one and how they can fit in to his plan. Commolli provides the stats and the business case to confirm the proposition. The owners listen to a united presentation and sign the cheques. What a team. How far we've come since this time last year!

I'll freely admit I was one of the sceptics when he arrived. Nothing to do with the man or his abilities really, more to do with his role, the whole DoF thing really didn't, and generally speaking still doesn't, sit well with me.

But I'm more and more taking the view that it's more a case of him taking over the Parry/Cecil role, rather than half of Kenny's role (all our signings, from the outside looking in, appear to either have been driven by Kenny or at the very least come in with his genuine blessing), with Comolli doing the leg work behind the scenes. And in that regard, well as others have said already, he's a massive upgrade on those two.

I haven't changed my stance that under no circumstances should a Liverpool manager be a glorified first team/head coach, but so far the balance between the two looks good.

Also it looks like the owners paid up some contracts and agreed to share some wages with the clubs who took our players on loan.

There is still a lot of work to be done to permanently shift the players but it seems like their aim was to have squad unity and a happy dressing room even if it costs them financially.

It looks like we are in a position to add top players to the squad in each window now.

Hopefully now everyone will be pushing in the same direction. I think the only person left who wont play is Jones but I understand that he has more to worry about than football at the moment.

Comolli has played a blinder. How he got rid of the passengers only he knows, but that's possibly his greatest accomplishment thus far.

There are a lot of undisclosed fees, so it's difficult to judge how good a job he's done on selling players when we don't know what they have been sold for (if anything at all).

I am impressed by our signings this summer. They have exceeded my expectations. We even got our cb in the end, which imo will turn out to be very important.

Well done to the owners, Comolli and Kenny.