Quantcast
Favourite Spielberg Film - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Favourite Spielberg Film  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite Spielberg Film

• Duel
    • The Sugarland Express
    • Jaws
    • Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
    • Raiders Of The Lost Ark
    • E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
    • Temple Of Doom
    • The Color Purple
    • Empire Of The Sun
    • The Last Crusade
    • Hook
    • Jurassic Park
    • Schindler's List
    • The Lost World : Jurassic Park
    • Amistad
    • Saving Private Ryan
    • A.I. Artificial Intelligence
    • Minority Report
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • The Terminal
    • War Of The Worlds
    • Munich
    • The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
    • Other - Please State

For me a really tough choice. He has made some fantastic films. Jaws ie saving private Ryan. Jaws is such a great story and reminds mr significant much of my childhood. However; spr gets it because I loved the acting and the beginning scene of the film is a cinematic master piece. I still remember the first time I saw the Omaha beach landing scene. I was completely shocked by it. Although it was vivid and graphic it wasn't gratuitous. Personally I think it's his best work. The story, the character interaction. Some of the dialogue is very moving. The scene in the candle lit church when the medic is copying out the blood soaked final letter of the soldier who was shot by the sniper. He goes on to reveal how he used to pretend to be a sleep when his mum came home at night to tuck him in. You get a very intimate and private insight into a complex characters mind. Directed brilliantly. Yup for me his best work and probably the best war film if all time.

At the time it would have been Jaws but with advancing years I found Munich to be an immense film and much better than I ever expected it to be.

He has made so many good films its very difficult to choose as theyve all got their merits.

I watched Duel and Sugarland last night. I'm working my way through his back catalogue from start to Crystal Skull.

If you can, get hold of Amazing Stories for the two episodes that he directed. The Mission isn't particularly great but Ghost Train is quite enjoyable. Also, he directed one of the first Columbo TV movies, Murder by the Book.

I know there are better films on the list but I'm going for Jurassic Park based purely on the enjoyment it's given me.

I was 9 when that came out and it was the best thing I've ever seen. It still stands up perfectly well today.

Brilliant film.

The Spielberg Curriculum. A list of films that was supposedly required viewing for anyone who wished to work with him. Edgar Wright (scripter of Tintin) has since said it was a load of rubbish but it does make a good list of must-see films.

Minority Report.

edit: probably worth mentioning that I haven't seen Schlinder's List, Jaws or either of the Indiana Jones movies.

How old are you?

Duel was broadcast in the USA but had an extra couple of scenes filmed in order to make it long enough to get a cinematic release in Europe.

Jaws genuinely terrified me as a kid, real tension throughout. ET is an integral part of my childhood and Saving Private Ryan has possibly the best opening 25 minutes of any film i've ever seen. Its a really tough question that. i went for Close Encounters but the more i think about it i'd say it has to be Jaws.

Indiana Jones and the Monkey King

Wrongly dated and marked down as Indy 4, an early script for the third film as written by Chris Columbus (Gremlins, Goonies). Spielberg shitcanned it because it wasn't realistic enough.

Yeah, realism, that's what the Indiana Jones movies are known for.