You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People think we're buying Downing just to get in top 4? Then upgrade when we're up there?

If we're spending 20m on players they should be good enough to start when we're pushing for the

I can't believe you think £20m players are good enough to help us win the title, what sort of an idiotic idea is that next you will be telling us Hodgson was a good choice for manager.

To you Sir I say wibble, wibble wibble wibble

I think Downing is decent and will improve our squad.

But the thing im worried about is if he's the best we're after.

I do think the likes of Mata, Perrotti and Cazorla should be within

our reach and they can do what Downing is good at, just as well

as him if not better, plus they have more up their sleeve. So if Downing

Is the best we'll do in a wide attacking position i'll be gutted.

Are Mata, Perrotti and Cazorla very good crossers?

I know they have a lot to their game but for the particular player we are after to suit our target man have they got it? There is no doubt that they are better players but are they better players for our team?

I am presuming Downing is being bought solely for his main attribute which is a very good crosser IMO. There aren't that many players that can cross a ball from the left as good as he can.

20m maybe excessive but if that's the player we want then we just pay it and get over it.

as long as he plays on the left I don't mind if we sign him. this "left footer on the right side" bollocks does my head in. we need players out wide not more of them cutting back inside. I mention this because a lot of the times I saw downing last season he was on the right.