You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I'm going to try and wait for the CD to drop through the letter box on Monday (or Saturday if Play pull their fingers out) before I listen to it. Not sure if I can hold out though, am really tempted to download it.

Why torture yourself? I bet most of the tracks are on YouTube. Can understand if you stick to your principals.

It's fabulous, which is not much of a surprise. He's a genius and there is no way he would put out something that he would not be entirely happy with. Bemused by the bland comments on here by some.

I've been checking every day via google for the past two weeks for someone to upload it in eager anticipation.

Why torture yourself? I bet most of the tracks are on YouTube. Can understand if you stick to your principals.

It's fabulous, which is not much of a surprise. He's a genius and there is no way he would put out something that he would not be entirely happy with. Bemused by the bland comments on here by some.

I've been checking every day via google for the past two weeks for someone to upload it in eager anticipation.

Not really principles mate, although that does come into it a little. It's more a nostalgic thing, used to love it when I bought an Oasis album and listened to it on the day it was released. Wagged school loads of times back in the day to listen to various Oasis albums (and singles), sneaking home when my mum had gone to work. Never did it for any other band and I suppose this is the closest I'll get to doing that again now.

Not really principles mate, although that does come into it a little. It's more a nostalgic thing, used to love it when I bought an Oasis album and listened to it on the day it was released. Wagged school loads of times back in the day to listen to various Oasis albums (and singles), sneaking home when my mum had gone to work. Never did it for any other band and I suppose this is the closest I'll get to doing that again now.

I did the same with my favourite bands.

I used to bunk register at school to get to HMV for opening to get a brand new spanking CD and listen to it for the rest of the day on a portable cd player.

Times have changed now (good and bad) with internet and leaks.

Noel's done pretty well to keep it under wraps until it went on yesterday considering it's released officially next week.

I did the same with my favourite bands.

I used to bunk register at school to get to HMV for opening to get a brand new spanking CD and listen to it for the rest of the day on a portable cd player.

Times have changed now (good and bad) with internet and leaks.

Noel's done pretty well to keep it under wraps until it went on yesterday considering it's released officially next week.

I was expecting it to find its way online a lot sooner, there's no way I could have held out if it had. It's less than a week now though so I'll probably be able to manage it.

Am really looking forward to giving it a listen, I love the stuff I've heard so far. 'If I Had a Gun' is absolutely immense.

Not a fan of the guy's music but he doesn't half talk a lot of sense. I posted this in the London riots thread but thought some people might miss it in there so thought I'd put it in here too.

Noel Gallagher on last night's Newsnight talking lots of sense on the rioting in Manchester and other topics:

[YOUTUBE]8bjN7pTZjbA[/YOUTUBE]

I had the 180 gram vinyl on pre order but cancelled after listening to the leaked album, this is so bland its beige. Its apathy in audio form. Then again he is a middle aged father of 3 who didnt want to be in the uk's biggest rock and roll band anymore so I cant really expect to be on the same wave length I suppose, fair play to him for doing what he wants to do.

Infact Mr A Partridge springs to mind: "Highflying birds - The band Oasis could have been"

I dont know what some people expect sometimes, its Noel, its not fucking Neil Young

Thats not a criticism of either by the way

I must admit I was expecting a little more really, I ripped all my oasis bsides into one giant playlist a couple of weeks ago and have been listening to them solidly pretty much ever since so that probably didnt help but I just thought he might have mixed it up a tad more. Still the amorphous one has buckets of promise, one of my most treasured vinyl possessions is the 12" mix of falling down, absolute belter. I really like AKA what a life though, picked that up on 7" so ive done my bit :whistle:

Referring to my previous bsides point I'm not talking the first two album era either, the standing on the shoulder of giants ones are top class (shame about the album), cigarettes in hell, full on, carry us all and lets all make believe could have been on any of the last 4 albums, brilliant stuff.

I wrote somewhere on this thread that I expect this album to be the same old, nothing new. I feel I was right after listening to the album a few times this week. I have to say though that i think the album is ace and I have really enjoyed it. There are some really good tracks on there that remind me of being 15 and listening to an Oasis album for the first time. There a couple of tracks on there that I though "oh i wish Liam was singing this".

Took me a while to get into it but I do like it and think its a very good record. I wish he'd lay off the pro-tools a bit though, and go with a more simple sound. There's a proper 'wall of sound' thing going on but the beauty of a lot of Noel's tunes is the simplicity of them. I mean, you can hardly hear an acoustic guitar on this album, and that's all he really needs.

I got 4 tickets for his gig at the MEN in February, can't wait!

Took me a while to get into it but I do like it and think its a very good record. I wish he'd lay off the pro-tools a bit though, and go with a more simple sound. There's a proper 'wall of sound' thing going on but the beauty of a lot of Noel's tunes is the simplicity of them. I mean, you can hardly hear an acoustic guitar on this album, and that's all he really needs.

I got 4 tickets for his gig at the MEN in February, can't wait!

I think he wanted to move away from the usual 'Noel and his acoustic' and I'm glad he has, not that I didn't like the acoustic stuff, I loved it.

I am getting the album over the next few days, but I really like 'AKA What A Life' really catchy and infectious and I really like the change in direction.

I'm looking forward to the collaboration with Amorphus Androgynous too.