You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Noel Gallagher apologises to Liam over Oasis split 'lie' | Music | guardian.co.uk

With a lawsuit hanging over his head, Noel Gallagher has admitted he lied about some of the details surrounding Oasis' split in 2009. In a webchat on Monday, Noel conceded that brother Liam had laryngitis – and not just a hangover – when he cancelled what would have been their final gig, at the Chelmsford V festival.

"For the record, it is a fact that he was diagnosed with laryngitis and it is a fact that he had a doctor's note to prove it," Noel said. While this may seem like a petty detail, the laryngitis issue is serious. Liam said last week that he was suing his brother over the hangover "lie". The claim "[went] way beyond rock'n'roll banter and questioned my professionalism", Liam told the Sun. "I tried to resolve this amicably but have been left with no choice but legal action. All I want is an apology."

Noel has now said sorry. "If he gets offended by my opinions on such things then, you know, I apologise," he said. "But it's all getting very silly and a little bit out of hand and it's not very cool. But there you go."

In a separate interview, with BBC 6 Music's Steve Lamacq, Noel also confirmed he would be singing Oasis songs on his forthcoming solo tour. "I don't really see them as Oasis songs now," he said. "I wrote those songs myself, they are my songs." He did acknowledge that he "couldn't do" tracks such as Supersonic, Champagne Supernova and Lila. "The more rock ones I would never attempt to do because Liam had such a great rock voice. [it] is a shame those songs will never be heard for the foreseeable future."

I need tickets and I need them bad, but I read the other day that this was sold out already.

I need tickets and I need them bad, but I read the other day that this was sold out already.

I just said this to a girl I know, who went online and found 2 tickets for Manchester on the 26th of October, standing at the front. They were expensive but I'd have bought them and took her, only I looked at my calender and realised that it's on a fucking wednesday and I'll be on lates with absolutely no chance of getting the night off.

Gutted.

I tried to buy tickets for his gig at the Apollo. I put 2 in my basket (the maximum number allowed) and then proceeded to put my card details in. When I hit submit I was told the tickets had sold out while I was paying; I was fucking gutted. This was at 9:04 on the day they went on sale.

I tried to buy tickets for his gig at the Apollo. I put 2 in my basket (the maximum number allowed) and then proceeded to put my card details in. When I hit submit I was told the tickets had sold out while I was paying; I was fucking gutted. This was at 9:04 on the day they went on sale.

Same happened to me but 9.03, will still be there though, will have to get sorted outside

• 4 weeks later...