You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Agreeing with Spy Bee here.

Ape, what do you see in that, they made some ace stuff in the 90's even be here now was alright but pick any song off that and its better than this shite tune.

It happens to a lot of artists for me, when they have nothing and then suddenly have everything at the tip of their finger they lose their edge and I lose interest. A few have managed to keep pushing but most lose it bar the odd song here and there and the Oasis/Noel thing is a perfect example for me.

Its in the eye of the beholder of course and I will listen to a few of his other tunes when they arrive but cant see, if this is the standard he has set himself, how it will get much better.

That song is woeful, talk about playing it safe.

He has done something different, with Amorphous Androgynous, and it's out next year. This album is full of standard Noel songs recorded in a tried and trusted way. If you want different, just wait for the next record.

I went to see them once, strange gig, only some of the stuff was excellent while most of it was like being stuck in a forest with happy hippies while they danced around naked playing fairy music, i had to leave as it got really annoying. Odd band.

That song is woeful, talk about playing it safe.

I went to see them once, strange gig, only some of the stuff was excellent while most of it was like being stuck in a forest with happy hippies while they danced around naked playing fairy music, i had to leave as it got really annoying. Odd band.

You're better off listening to them in their Future Sound Of London guise, "Lifeforms" and "Dead Cities" are boss albums.

AA went all a bit prog-rock weirdy after the first album.

Although "Swab" off "Tales Of Ephedrina" is amazing. Really amazing.

You're better off listening to them in their Future Sound Of London guise, "Lifeforms" and "Dead Cities" are boss albums.

AA went all a bit prog-rock weirdy after the first album.

Although "Swab" off "Tales Of Ephedrina" is amazing. Really amazing.

Fair enough, sounds like they started off the gig with the old stuff which was the best part and went onto their later stuff which was shite. I'll try and pick up the early stuff.

Ape, what do you see in that, they made some ace stuff in the 90's even be here now was alright but pick any song off that and its better than this shite tune.

It happens to a lot of artists for me, when they have nothing and then suddenly have everything at the tip of their finger they lose their edge and I lose interest. A few have managed to keep pushing but most lose it bar the odd song here and there and the Oasis/Noel thing is a perfect example for me.

Its in the eye of the beholder of course and I will listen to a few of his other tunes when they arrive but cant see, if this is the standard he has set himself, how it will get much better.

I was disagreeing with the fact Oasis were shit after their first two albums. They weren't. They may not have changed much musically, but why would they? They were the biggest band in Britain for ten years. Whilst I agree the albums obviously went downhill steadily after Definitely Maybe and Whats the story, there were still loads of songs I like off them after that. Songbird, Keep the dream alive, Love like a bomb, loads of them.

I don't know what people expect, an Oasis reggae album? Noel does Marvin Gaye? What? They stick at what they are good at. And they are good at it. Not every band/artist have to evolve muscially. I like the Foo Fighters, not a lot changes with them musically, but I like at least 4/5 songs off each album.

They are also the best live band I've saw, and I've saw a lot.

As for Noel's new stuff, I'll reserve judgement until I hear the album. But he's going about it the right way in my opinion, an album sticking to what he does best and the album with AA coming out to try and push the boundaries a bit.

it'll be interesting to see if he 'neil youngs' it in future or stays the same.....

tbh i dont think mancs have 'raw basic accoustic' brilliance like scousers mainly because were a port and theyre more inland........be great if he could strip it down more in future.

ps-leave the trumpets to mick head noel ! he mastered it years ago,doesnt quite sound right noel

I really like that song. I don't particularly expect every song or album to be profound and break new barriers. I'm more than happy to like or not like something and move on, Noel writes decent songs and he's never going to top his earlier 2 albums for me mainly because i was a teenager then and the summers were long.

Oh my fucking God! Reading this shit makes me want to bang some fucking heads together. Have you fucking heard yourselves? He hasn't done anything new, it's the same formula, it's been done before, it's just not relevant - Oh get a fucking grip! Whatever sub-genre you want to put this music into, it is first and foremost pop music. It is music that is popular. It is music enjoyed by the masses.

If you want to be a pretentious, pontificating, fastidious fuckwand about music, then what the fuck are you doing listening to Noel Gallagher? Nobody is claiming he's Johann Christian Fucking Bach!

Oasis were the first band I truly loved and I will always be loyal to them and defend them against some in my opinion ridiculous criticism at times as it seems people just criticise them for the sake of it. Hearing the lyrics and guitar riffs to Supersonic back in 1994 as a 16 year old changed my life.

Definitely Maybe was the wake up call back in 1994 that British music needed back then after years in the doldrums and is obviously and rightly so the bands flagship album that it was always going to be difficult to top.

I simply don't get the whole myth that has perpetuated since the first two albums that they have done nothing of any note since. Oasis did exactly what it says on the tin, they didn't try and pretend to be anything they weren't and stayed true to themselves throughout their time. They always sold out stadiums, sold millions of albums and had anthems galore which will stand the test of time despite what people say.

The albums I suppose can be divided into different categories. After the first two albums they were on the crest of a wave heading in to 1997 when Be Here Now came out which was a crazy, overblown, coked up album which again I will always have a soft spot for due to it being one of the best times of my life at that time and again had some memorable highlights on such as Do You Know What I Mean with its snarling millions of guitar feedback, Stand By Me, Don't Go Away and It's Getting Better Man being the main ones in my opinion.

The Giants Album of 2000 was easily the most mediocre album they have brought out but again it still had its highlights such as Go Let It Out, Who Feels Love and Roll It Over. I think that album suffered due to the situation ongoing at the time. It was the Be Here Now comedown album in my opinion, the brothers were both going through divorces and the band members were changing when Bonehead and Guigsy departed and Gem and Andy Bell came in, the music was always going to suffer after the excesses of the previous years.

They could have easily split up after that album but I am thankful that they didn't as the remaining three albums after that were all good albums in their own right and to be honest I class Don't Believe The Truth in 2005 as their second best album after Definitely Maybe with again some very underrated songs on such as The Importance of Being Idle, Guess God Thinks I'm Abel and Keep The Dream Alive being as good as anything that was on Morning Glory which is as overrated as an album as I say Don't Believe The Truth is underrated, that may go against the grain I know but sometimes I think people overstate how good Morning Glory is to emphasise some kind of point about them doing nothing of note since that album.

Even Heathen Chemistry in 2002 saw them tentatively return to something positive again after the generally disappointing Giants album with the likes of The Hindu Times, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Songbird and Born on a Different Cloud being as good as anything from their earlier stuff.

I am glad Dig Out Your Soul was their last album and not Giants from eight years earlier as again it was a very underrated album and to think Falling Down was their last single. A deserved great last single for a great band who I was proud to say I grew up in my latter teenage years and my 20s and now 30s listening to.

If people want to overanalyse music, Oasis isn't or wasn't the band to be doing it with and they never tried to be any different. I think I would have liked them less had they tried to be. Me personally, a lot of the songs on their last two albums are as good as some on their first two. If that makes me some kind of music pariah then so be it.

Oasis were the first band I truly loved and I will always be loyal to them and defend them against some in my opinion ridiculous criticism at times as it seems people just criticise them for the sake of it. Hearing the lyrics and guitar riffs to Supersonic back in 1994 as a 16 year old changed my life.

Definitely Maybe was the wake up call back in 1994 that British music needed back then after years in the doldrums and is obviously and rightly so the bands flagship album that it was always going to be difficult to top.

I simply don't get the whole myth that has perpetuated since the first two albums that they have done nothing of any note since. Oasis did exactly what it says on the tin, they didn't try and pretend to be anything they weren't and stayed true to themselves throughout their time. They always sold out stadiums, sold millions of albums and had anthems galore which will stand the test of time despite what people say.

The albums I suppose can be divided into different categories. After the first two albums they were on the crest of a wave heading in to 1997 when Be Here Now came out which was a crazy, overblown, coked up album which again I will always have a soft spot for due to it being one of the best times of my life at that time and again had some memorable highlights on such as Do You Know What I Mean with its snarling millions of guitar feedback, Stand By Me, Don't Go Away and It's Getting Better Man being the main ones in my opinion.

The Giants Album of 2000 was easily the most mediocre album they have brought out but again it still had its highlights such as Go Let It Out, Who Feels Love and Roll It Over. I think that album suffered due to the situation ongoing at the time. It was the Be Here Now comedown album in my opinion, the brothers were both going through divorces and the band members were changing when Bonehead and Guigsy departed and Gem and Andy Bell came in, the music was always going to suffer after the excesses of the previous years.

They could have easily split up after that album but I am thankful that they didn't as the remaining three albums after that were all good albums in their own right and to be honest I class Don't Believe The Truth in 2005 as their second best album after Definitely Maybe with again some very underrated songs on such as The Importance of Being Idle, Guess God Thinks I'm Abel and Keep The Dream Alive being as good as anything that was on Morning Glory which is as overrated as an album as I say Don't Believe The Truth is underrated, that may go against the grain I know but sometimes I think people overstate how good Morning Glory is to emphasise some kind of point about them doing nothing of note since that album.

Even Heathen Chemistry in 2002 saw them tentatively return to something positive again after the generally disappointing Giants album with the likes of The Hindu Times, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Songbird and Born on a Different Cloud being as good as anything from their earlier stuff.

I am glad Dig Out Your Soul was their last album and not Giants from eight years earlier as again it was a very underrated album and to think Falling Down was their last single. A deserved great last single for a great band who I was proud to say I grew up in my latter teenage years and my 20s and now 30s listening to.

If people want to overanalyse music, Oasis isn't or wasn't the band to be doing it with and they never tried to be any different. I think I would have liked them less had they tried to be. Me personally, a lot of the songs on their last two albums are as good as some on their first two. If that makes me some kind of music pariah then so be it.

Well fucking said mate, exactly how I see it.

A favourite aspect of Oasis for me was always their b-tracks, which you never mentioned. These remained quality until the last album, when they went down a different route. Not many bands in my life time even bothered with b-tracks, never mind released so many high quality ones. Oasis b-tracks are better and more consistent than most bands album tracks, which just goes to show how good they actually were.

I guess I'm a musical pariah as well!

Well fucking said mate, exactly how I see it.

A favourite aspect of Oasis for me was always their b-tracks, which you never mentioned. These remained quality until the last album, when they went down a different route. Not many bands in my life time even bothered with b-tracks, never mind released so many high quality ones. Oasis b-tracks are better and more consistent than most bands album tracks, which just goes to show how good they actually were.

I guess I'm a musical pariah as well!

Exactly mate. They probably could have had at least another three studio albums just on B-Sides alone. In hindsight, its a shame they were so generous with them The list is really endless.

Take Me Away, Cloudburst, It's Good To Be Free, Do you Wanna Be A Spaceman, Idlers Dream, Lets All Make Believe, As Long as They've Got Cigarettes In Hell, You've Got the Heart of a Star. They are just some favourites off the top of my head and there are dozens more. Rocking Chair is a bonafide classic as well, probably one of my favourite Liam vocals.

Exactly mate. They probably could have had at least another three studio albums just on B-Sides alone. In hindsight, its a shame they were so generous with them The list is really endless.

Take Me Away, Cloudburst, It's Good To Be Free, Do you Wanna Be A Spaceman, Idlers Dream, Lets All Make Believe, As Long as They've Got Cigarettes In Hell, You've Got the Heart of a Star. They are just some favourites off the top of my head and there are dozens more. Rocking Chair is a bonafide classic as well, probably one of my favourite Liam vocals.

Yeah, absolutely love Rockin Chair. Even the more recent b-sides are quality, when Oasis where 'shit'.

The thing that pisses me off, is that people slag the band off for not being different or moving on, yet the same people yearn for Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory. They couldn't win with some people.

Some people making a good case for Oasis and maybe I failed to give them enough credit, that said, Blur piss all over their work and Albarn pisses all over Noel. Piss everywhere (Runs away ducking after lighting the fuse paper)

See, I have no problem with someone having that opinion (even though I suspect you're being a little mischevious here Dennis) but what does my head in is the lame old argument of Oasis not doing anything worthwhile after Morning Glory. That's just utter bollocks.

Noel was bang on when he told the NME last week that people stopped listening to Oasis. A lot did but yet they continue to slate later albums that they've often not heard.

See, I have no problem with someone having that opinion (even though I suspect you're being a little mischevious here Dennis) but what does my head in is the lame old argument of Oasis not doing anything worthwhile after Morning Glory. That's just utter bollocks.

Noel was bang on when he told the NME last week that people stopped listening to Oasis. A lot did but yet they continue to slate later albums that they've often not heard.

Yeah Im one of them although I listened up to Be Here now and did listen to one or two later albums albeit fleetingly they didnt sound to good to me but I never gave them a chance. Dunno, I suppose if you perservered with it I'm sure the later stuff would grow on you but its strange.

I do however find this single to be rather dull myself, I have time for Noel so will revisit again as he releases other tunes off it.