You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cannot wait for news on this:

Noel Gallagher calls a press conference to reveal album details

Noel Gallagher has announced a press conference in London tomorrow (Wed 6th July) in which he looks certain to reveal details of his much anticipated solo offering.

Gallagher has sent out invites through his Sour Mash record imprint to industry insiders and music press. The conference will be a guest list only affair.

The ex-Oasis kingpin was believed to have started work on his solo album, his first since Oasis split in 2009, at the start of the year after he was spotted in an LA studio. Last month a twitter account set up in his name revealed both an album and single release date, but the account was quickly taken down and ousted as a fake when Gallagher's management discovered it .

Noel's debut single will be called 'The Death Of You & Me', according to the production company apparently behind the song's music video.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds to be released on October 17. Tracks include Stop The Clocks, If I Had A Gun and The Death Of You And

Me

Former Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has just announced details of his first album since the split with brother Liam in 2009. Noel Gallagher And The High Flying Birds will release a self-titled album on October 17th - the first of two albums already in the can, according to the guitarist, who is speaking at a press conference in London. The albums were recorded in London and LA. Very interestingly as far as we're concerned, the second LP is a collaboration with the deeply cosmic Amorphous Androgynous.

the tracklisting:

Everybody's On The Run

Dream On

If I Had A Gun...

The Death Of You And Me

(I Wanna Live In A Dream In My) Record Machine

AKA...What A Life!

Soldier Boys And Jesus Freaks

AKA...Broken Arrow

(Stranded On) The Wrong Beach

Stop The Clocks

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Probably gonna get shouted down but i think both the brothers have had their day....all a bit 90's for me....Beadie Eye haven't really stormed the charts so and thats Liam with the swagger and "rock'n star shhhyyyynnneee" attitute..

Don't get me wrong Don't go away,Little by Little etc etc are great songs but for me anything new will be mediocre..

Oasis will reform once they both realise the lack of commercial success being "single" brings..

• Downvote 2

Probably gonna get shouted down but i think both the brothers have had their day....all a bit 90's for me....Beadie Eye haven't really stormed the charts so and thats Liam with the swagger and "rock'n star shhhyyyynnneee" attitute..

Don't get me wrong Don't go away,Little by Little etc etc are great songs but for me anything new will be mediocre..

Oasis will reform once they both realise the lack of commercial success being "single" brings..

Nobody gives a fuck, Noel.

He still has a massive fan base in the same way Morrisey has and isn't too 90's. He is superb singer/songwriter. I am looking forward to it.

He still has a massive fan base in the same way Morrisey has and isn't too 90's. He is superb singer/songwriter. I am looking forward to it.

Yep. I'm massively looking forward to it. As are loads of people I know. And most people who have posted in the thread thus far.

Noels album will be number one and all his singles will be top ten.

Nobody gives a fuck, Noel.

I think you'll find millions do actually

Will be an interesting listen but considering two of the tracks are throw off oasis tunes that were leaked about three years ago (which are standard as best) I havent got much hope.

Sure it will Piss all over Beady Eye though.

Beady Eye are what they are though JNP, take it as that and they are ok. The albums ok. I wasnt expecting Definitely Maybe MK II

Noels album will be number one and all his singles will be top ten.

I think you'll find millions do actually

Beady Eye are what they are though JNP, take it as that and they are ok. The albums ok. I wasnt expecting Definitely Maybe MK II

You do realise how fucking shit the charts are, right? Jason Defuckingrulo got to #1 by stealing 3 songs and trying to sing!

I'm not a massive fan but I'll give it a listen, he's a talented songwriter and I much prefer him to his brother.

Liam was saying that he thinks Beady Eye are better than Oasis the other day, what a load of shit, they're horrible.

They're not really though are they. As Walton Red said, at what they do they are good. They are better than half the flavour of the month bands it's fashionable to like.

I reckon half the people slagging Beady Eye off haven't even heard the album. I've seen them live as well and they were ace.

They're not really though are they. As Walton Red said, at what they do they are good. They are better than half the flavour of the month bands it's fashionable to like.

I reckon half the people slagging Beady Eye off haven't even heard the album. I've seen them live as well and they were ace.

Flavour of the month bands like who? Because I think most of the popular bands around now are pretty poor.

To be be fair, you're right, I haven't listened to the album. I've heard a couple of tracks and thought it was shit.

You do realise how fucking shit the charts are, right? Jason Defuckingrulo got to #1 by stealing 3 songs and trying to sing!

yeh but its still being 'comercially successful' which is what silverlining was harping on about.

To think any Noel album wont sell is just soft