You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Only had allergies very rarely but the back end of last summer was really bad. Googled which stuff to buy and bought some Pirinase and after a couple of days it cleared everything up. Last few days I got a bit sniffly in the morning and a squirt of Pirinase is doing the trick. Pirinase has been ace for me.

• 2 years later...

Came back from walking the dog last night in a right shit state. She took him this morning and said they had 3 fellas on big industrial lawnmowers ready to do the right hand side of the big crocky park field where I usually take him. I'm dreading taking him for his tea-time stroll. I love it but I know I'll look like I've been in with Tyson by 7pm. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Came back from walking the dog last night in a right shit state. She took him this morning and said they had 3 fellas on big industrial lawnmowers ready to do the right hand side of the big crocky park field where I usually take him. I'm dreading taking him for his tea-time stroll. I love it but I know I'll look like I've been in with Tyson by 7pm. 

Just back, not too bad tonight. One eye itching a little 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Felt like my head was in a vice this morning. Cleared up a bit now though. Probably helps that the temperature has dropped by 15 degrees. 

Charlie M? You make me pop your fuckin' eye out of your head to protect that piece of shit? Charlie M? You dumb motherfucker!

On 08/06/2022 at 18:40, skend04 said:

Coat inside of your nose with vaseline and pop a hayfever tablet before bed. Usually works a treat for me.

Also helps in case a bloke sticks his cock up your nose

• 11 months later...
Just now, johnsusername said:

Worst I've ever had it this week. 

Wonder if it's anything to do with the council cutting back on mowing the grass? It's like a rainforest by us now. 

It's held off for me so-far apart from a little last weekend. I'm doing the garden on saturday so fully expect to be a sneezing eye-watering wreck. 

As for the grass cutting, haven't they blamed it on it being May and that's when Hedgehogs come out of hibernation and do most of their eating? Saw it on Townsend lane the other day, lazy fuckers. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

It's held off for me so-far apart from a little last weekend. I'm doing the garden on saturday so fully expect to be a sneezing eye-watering wreck. 

As for the grass cutting, haven't they blamed it on it being May and that's when Hedgehogs come out of hibernation and do most of their eating? Saw it on Townsend lane the other day, lazy fuckers. 

They're cutting right back on it - all about biodiversity and helping the environment. I guess that's good. I won't see it though, I'm refusing to leave the house until November now.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-council-trim-back-grass-26479902

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

They're cutting right back on it - all about biodiversity and helping the environment. I guess that's good. I won't see it though, I'm refusing to leave the house until November now.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-council-trim-back-grass-26479902

Well they rarely collect the bins so I'm not surprised. 

11 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Vaseline up the hooter helps most days, unless the pollen count is extremely high. Just don't be tempted to stick a willy up one of your nostrils, it's purely to prevent pollen getting up there.

You have to ruin fucking everything don't you 

22 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Vaseline up the hooter helps most days, unless the pollen count is extremely high. Just don't be tempted to stick a willy up one of your nostrils, it's purely to prevent pollen getting up there.

I love a bit of snotted dick.

2 hours ago, Dave D said:

These are excellent- £1 in Home bargains and a few other places.

Most of the nasal sprays are pretty good- Beconese works for me

Galpharm Hayfever and Allergy Loratadine 30s

Beconase spray for me too. I usually just have to use it for a week at the start of the pollen season, then I'm OK for the rest of the year.

• Upvote 1