You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Favourite guitar solos.

moof

[YOUTUBE]ITIfITKGhVw[/YOUTUBE]

Stream of Consciousness - Dream Theater

[YOUTUBE]SgMmYTIMrZE[/YOUTUBE]

Out of the Ashes - Symphony X

[YOUTUBE]PG2804ggsI0[/YOUTUBE]

Sea of Lies - Symphony X

[YOUTUBE]hb5QaCfm7bg[/YOUTUBE]

Michael Angelo Batio - No Boundaries

Great thread this, brilliant mix of some stuff already on my radar and other material thats new to me.

I sense a drift towards the middle of the road in some of the last few posts so lets crash straight into the central reservation with this one:

Btw - as a matter of interest how do you guys embed videos?

[YOUTUBE]Q4X4jlOGG4s[/YOUTUBE]

Paradigm Shift-Liquid Tension Experiment

Lovin' it. Ruling this thread Moofman.

I'm a bit startled my Crapenters (see what I did there?) post didn't get any reaction 'cos I hate that shit... but I guess I'm kinda fascinated by the contradiction that, although its gotta be one of the most inane songs ever, its without doubt the one that caused a lot of twats of my generation to stop in their tracks while listening to the radio and say "hang on a sec - I think I kinda like this guitar shit".

As a Belfast boy born & bred I'm lucky enough to have seen Lizzy live on many occasions and with various lineups so I enjoyed those posts. Not a mind-boggling solo from Gorham but really fitting and actually the one track that sums up this lineup as being tighter than a gnatt's ass.

My entry for the "Best solo I'd like to have seen live" competition. Sykes taking the lead role here with Philo, Gorham & Downey. Fuck me - small pub atmosphere and Holy Christ - being introduced by Frank Carson. Sorry I missed it.

YouTube - ‪Thin Lizzy - Cold Sweat GOOD AUDIO‬‏

Gotta harp on a bit again here guys and post some more Steve Morse stuff as he is undoubtedly the best guitarist alive.

I guarantee you'll actually remember this tune as well as rating the axemanship:

YouTube - ‪STEVE MORSE BAND - Simple Simon‬‏

Bit faster technique displayed here (to be honest I think hes on a windup its soooo easy and casual) but still with the famous Morse "feel":

And finally, how to say STFU in the nicest possible way:

YouTube - ‪Guitar Center Sessions: Steve Morse & Steve Lukather - "Little Wing" [Part 1]‬‏

"Comfortably Numb" and "Dogs" covered I see. Nice work.

Love the short solo at the end of Radiohead's "Just" as well.

Edit: And towards the end of "Last Gang in Town" by the mighty Clash.

And a very underrated guitarist - the Captain. Not too shabby for a slightly pot bellied beret adorned punk rocker.

[YOUTUBE]wGWGhkQOobA[/YOUTUBE]

Lovin' it. Ruling this thread Moofman.

I'm a bit startled my Crapenters (see what I did there?) post didn't get any reaction 'cos I hate that shit... but I guess I'm kinda fascinated by the contradiction that, although its gotta be one of the most inane songs ever, its without doubt the one that caused a lot of twats of my generation to stop in their tracks while listening to the radio and say "hang on a sec - I think I kinda like this guitar shit".

As a Belfast boy born & bred I'm lucky enough to have seen Lizzy live on many occasions and with various lineups so I enjoyed those posts. Not a mind-boggling solo from Gorham but really fitting and actually the one track that sums up this lineup as being tighter than a gnatt's ass.

My entry for the "Best solo I'd like to have seen live" competition. Sykes taking the lead role here with Philo, Gorham & Downey. Fuck me - small pub atmosphere and Holy Christ - being introduced by Frank Carson. Sorry I missed it.

YouTube - ‪Thin Lizzy - Cold Sweat GOOD AUDIO‬‏

Gotta harp on a bit again here guys and post some more Steve Morse stuff as he is undoubtedly the best guitarist alive.

I guarantee you'll actually remember this tune as well as rating the axemanship:

YouTube - ‪STEVE MORSE BAND - Simple Simon‬‏

Bit faster technique displayed here (to be honest I think hes on a windup its soooo easy and casual) but still with the famous Morse "feel":

And finally, how to say STFU in the nicest possible way:

YouTube - ‪Guitar Center Sessions: Steve Morse & Steve Lukather - "Little Wing" [Part 1]‬‏

Heh, had a bit of a chuckle at the carpenters bit, i'm not too fond myself. Very close to agreeing with you on Morse. It's been said alot of guitar guys of my ilk (not sure i've chosen the right word there) were influenced by the Al's and the Steve's - Al Di Meola, Allan Holdsworth, Alex Lifeson, Steve Howe, Steve Morse and Steve Vai. Even though they were a bit before my time I think it still applies. Great guitar playing always stands the test of time. Then I heard Petrucci in about 2000/2001 (seems so recent) and I was blown away.

Been a bit reminiscent, this thread. Sort of reminds me of why I started playing. Good stuff.

Oh yeah, and to imbed vids from youtube

=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KV3oSkdBGg&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Thin Lizzy Scott Gorham Dancing in The Moonlight 07‬‏

Just copy the numbers and letters between ?v= and the & so in this case it would be 2KV3oSkdBGg

And put that between [YOUTUBE] [/YOUTUBE ] (without the space)

Guest The Chimp

Here's it fixed mate. Was also on the first page but well worth another look.

[YOUTUBE]E4RpM8ggoSs&feature=fvst[/YOUTUBE]

Guest The Chimp
Thanks Chimp would rep ya if I could.

Nah, it's all good buddy. When you're pasting a youtube link all you need is the letters after the = sign. So instead of posting the full link (http: //www. youtube. com / watch?v = DKbPUzhWeeI) you just need to post "DKbPUzhWeeI" in the Youtube tags. Like below.

[YOUTUBE]DKbPUzhWeeI[/YOUTUBE]