You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I was playing a TV theme quiz on Sporcle, where you had to guess the TV show from a short audio clip of its theme. I hadn't heard of some of the shows, and some of the others had a good theme that I'd pretty much forgotten. For example:

The 10th Kingdom - I hadn't heard of this show but it was a fantasy series from over a decade ago. The title track is a cover of Rose Royce's 'Wishing On A Star' and is sung by Miriam Stockley. Albeit short, I like this version.

[YOUTUBE]wXKmYio-1ps[/YOUTUBE]

Friday Night Lights - This was done by the catchily-named W.G. Snuffy Walden, and is a likeable theme tune for an immensely likeable show. It reminds me of 'Floating Away In Every Direction' by Hammock.

[YOUTUBE]9buIAYnpUNM[/YOUTUBE]

Dark Angel - the end credits theme is called 'Bicycle Ride' and it's by Joel McNeely who did most of the music for that show.

[YOUTUBE]JEecM4CPN0A[/YOUTUBE]

The 4400 - another show I'd not heard of, but it was a sci-fi series from a decade ago. Very cool theme song though, called 'A Place In Time' by Bosshouse ft. Amanda Abizaid.

[YOUTUBE]rh5tGZo2Zb8[/YOUTUBE]

Snuffy did a shit load of great TV musin here in the States.

Pretty good for a guitar player - simple counterpoint

[YOUTUBE]JivPEYjYd20[/YOUTUBE]

By far the greatest theme song ever written. Q.

Try to hold your leg still at 0:26 -- or 0:56 or.....

[YOUTUBE]T5DnqW3F57E[/YOUTUBE]

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Roobarb and Custard

Cholton and the Wheelies

The Equalizer

And worse? well for sheer embaressment that should anyone hear you watching it...Dallas!

Can't be arsed with bad theme tunes so I'll just post ones I thought were decent.

Due South.

[YOUTUBE]u2MzTG_5dh4[/YOUTUBE]

Flight Of The Conchords.

[YOUTUBE]qvI5dSoSdhQ[/YOUTUBE]

Chuck. They used 'Short Skirt Long Jacket' by Cake.

[YOUTUBE]7sMt48jcXTE[/YOUTUBE]

Law & Order. Mike Post did loads of other decent ones like Magnum PI too.

[YOUTUBE]Yk9BQQqPLA4[/YOUTUBE]

Twin Peaks. Julee Cruise's 'Falling'.

[YOUTUBE]X2lkvrMa27c[/YOUTUBE]

Murder One. Mike Post did this one too. I'm not sure why the video has Gillian Anderson in it because she (or Dana Scully) had nothing to do with this show.

[YOUTUBE]k0BpbYCPmrg[/YOUTUBE]