You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luther

Paul

On 1/4/2019 at 8:59 AM, Stickman said:

Have to say I thought it was fucking dreadful I binned it five minutes into the second episode when that Ruth Wilson turned into some sort of Bond character when she beat the shit out of those blokes.

But I was on my way to spewing it with that annoying 1960's type caricature of a cockney gangster .

I know it's meant to be far fetched but there's far fetched and just crap.

British drama hasn't half gone downhill when you consider the stuff that comes from the States and even the Scandinavian stuff is better than ours.

Out of curiosity, mate, what BBC dramas of the past do you think were better than Luther?

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Enjoyed it but the ending was mad. Won’t ruin it for anyone who hasn’t seen it so won’t discuss storyline but the lack of cars and pedestrians , In central London , in the middle of the fucking day was badly planned. 

Yeah, including the building site with nobody working on it or closed due to being unattended. 

What was the other drama with the fella with a bomb strapped to his body in the park? 

Where there was literally only him and a few police in the entire scene with the odd singular people coming back from Tesco in the background. 

21 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Yeah, including the building site with nobody working on it or closed due to being unattended. 

What was the other drama with the fella with a bomb strapped to his body in the park? 

Where there was literally only him and a few police in the entire scene with the odd singular people coming back from Tesco in the background. 

At 3am on a fucking Monday morning you'd have cars and people going by in Central London. That end scene from when they get to the slaughter house to the walk to the building site etc not a single car goes past or any cunt walking past. 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

At 3am on a fucking Monday morning you'd have cars and people going by in Central London. That end scene from when they get to the slaughter house to the walk to the building site etc not a single car goes past or any cunt walking past. 

The brasser knocked on the door in the dark and they arrived in the bright so I thought it was set around 430am which explains the lack of people. I'd love to know who delivers pizzas at that hour though?

• 3 years later...

Finished this earlier in the week. Thought it was quite silly, but I had also just finished watching Line of Duty which was even more absurd, so that didn’t bother me too much. 

The serial-killer stuff was usually quite watchable, always felt they killed them off too soon. The last series with only one serial killer was I think a better approach, but most only got an episode or two. 

Was surprised to learn that this wasn’t based on novels. So much of the framework and plot is just straight noir that I assumed there had to be 5 or 6 Luther novels that they were choosing from.

Decent enough watch, primarily because of Elba. Now onto The Shadow Line and then Top Boy.

52 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Finished this earlier in the week. Thought it was quite silly, but I had also just finished watching Line of Duty which was even more absurd, so that didn’t bother me too much. 

The serial-killer stuff was usually quite watchable, always felt they killed them off too soon. The last series with only one serial killer was I think a better approach, but most only got an episode or two. 

Was surprised to learn that this wasn’t based on novels. So much of the framework and plot is just straight noir that I assumed there had to be 5 or 6 Luther novels that they were choosing from.

Decent enough watch, primarily because of Elba. Now onto The Shadow Line and then Top Boy.

The filming a Luther movie at the moment. 

• 8 months later...