You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luther

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed it. Thought it started off a little slow but I thoroughly enjoyed the second half of it.

Idris is class. Wish Warren Brown was still in it, though. Fan of him. 

Gutted Alice is no longer in it. Always enjoyed her appearances.

Not sure if I like the new people Luther is working with. The women done my head in a bit.

I enjoyed it. Thought it started off a little slow but I thoroughly enjoyed the second half of it.

Not sure if I like the new people Luther is working with. The women done my head in a bit.

Those Sky adverts really do him no favours but he can act.

I'm still not sure I should be watching, though

Warren Brown is/was in it. Also, it started slow? I thought that woman waiting for her husband scene was tense as fuck.

Warren Brown is/was in it. Also, it started slow? I thought that woman waiting for her husband scene was tense as fuck.

Agree, it was as tense as anything i can remember off TV for a while. Brilliantly filmed with nothing but the background noise.

...And who knew those Nokia's would still work 20 odd years after first being released.

• 1 month later...

Ok

Dont want to read any spoilers in the thread so

Is this any good

What actually is it about

Finally worth watching

Yes

A cockney doormouse that gets superpowers and uses them to right perceived wrongs that people have committed with regards to with Ebay feedback.

Yes

Ok

Dont want to read any spoilers in the thread so

Is this any good

What actually is it about

Finally worth watching

Seriously though.

Yes, it is good. Very good. I recently rewatched them all again with the mrs and it stands up to a second viewing. It's quite dark, good cast and some great baddies. Here is a description I wrote earlier. And by wrote, I mean robbed off Wikipedia.

John Luther is a Detective Chief Inspector (DCI) working for the Serious Crime Unit in series one, and the new Serious and Serial Crime Unit in series two and three. A dedicated police officer, Luther is obsessive, possessed, and sometimes violent. However, Luther has paid a heavy price for his dedication; he has never been able to prevent himself from being consumed by the darkness of the crimes with which he deals. For Luther, the job always comes first. His dedication is a curse and a blessing, both for him and those close to him

I like it but don't quite get why it received such high praise. The plots are silly, the show's internal logic is flawed and everyone lives in houses with wallpaper torn off the walls. Exactly how was Luther just allowed to pitch up and work again after fucking off to Dover for months?

I like it but don't quite get why it received such high praise. The plots are silly, the show's internal logic is flawed and everyone lives in houses with wallpaper torn off the walls. Exactly how was Luther just allowed to pitch up and work again after fucking off to Dover for months?

Compassionate leave of absence.

Mental plot, but I thought it was ace. I wish Neil Cross would do some more Luther books as the one he has done is ace and the character is too good to just wither away.

Agreed mate, loved The Calling, the main antagonist was one of the most chilling characters i'd encountered for a long time. 

It's not even remotely trying to be realistic though, is it?

Of course not, and it's the better for it obviously. Realism would see someone get murdered then we'd watch lab nerds watch hours of CCTV footage to track the killer down then they'd get arrested without an issue.

Sounds riveting.