You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What has been the worst you've ever felt, I mean sickness wise?

I've been (touch wood) quite lucky with being ill, always been rather healthy apart from 2 occasions.

1. When I was 12 with suspected appendicitis, for about 3-4 weeks I constantly had stomach cramps, was vomiting and generally fucking feeling as if I was going to explode.

I was in hospital a few nights and it essentially passed when I was given a shit load of laxitive and drank Pure Orange as if it was going out of fashion

2. My 20th last year, I was bed ridden for a week. Cough, cold, vomiting aching body. Didn't eat anything, drink anything and honestly looking back I think I had bird flu.

Guest TK-421

What a charming thread.

I'm lucky enough to have doctors on hand in the family and have never been seriously ill or broken a bone. Sprained ankles the worst and a couple of nasty-ish bike accidents. Had the mumps, I think.

My sister had the shingles and that looked like a right bastard, glad I never got that.

I've been fairly lucky in that I've not really had much in the way of bad illness bar the usual stuff that everyone gets as a kid.

Shingles was probably the worst from the point that not only does it make you feel like shit it itches like a bastard and is painful with it.

I've got back and knee problems from playing rugby but they don't play up so badly now i.e. I don't get situations where I can't stand up or walk these days but the back can be a right bastard when it goes. About three weeks ago I was stuck on the floor in the kitchen and couldn't get up because it was so bad.

Had all the usual football injuries ( broken leg/nose/arm etc. ) but the worst pain I ever had was a spate of kidney stones in my mid-20's. Absolutely excruciating pain & unfortunately ultrasound was not the main NHS treatment at that time & the hook up the japs eye just added to the unhappiness.

I had Pneumonia a couple of summers ago, had to spend 3 days in hospital while they pumped me full of stuff that kept me up all night puking.

Before I went to hospital I was really tired, no energy to do anything at all, couldn't even sit on the sofa, had to lay down the whole time, could barely lift my head to drink some water. Finally my mum decides Im not being lazy, there is something wrong.

The pumping me full of stuff was way worse than the tiredness though.

Guest davelfc
the fuck???

Generic name for knee pain, I've got two fucked knees too.

But illness wise it has to be glandular fever when I was around 15. Could hardly walk, you're just exhausted all of the time. Lasted around two months, daytime tv was much better in those days, except I was too weak to get up to change the channel on the tv.

More recently, torn rotator cuff, couldn't sleep with the pain in my shoulder and very restricted movement. Had a cortisone injection a few weeks ago and it's made it bearable.

When I was 20, my parents were going through a rather messy divorce i had a minor nervous breakdown. I came out in hives & had the highest blood pressure the doctors had seen for a lad of my age, I spent something like 7 weeks in broadgreen hospital and missed my 21st birthday. I wasn't in "pain" so to speak but I've never felt so shit in all my life, stopped short of thinking about suicide thank fuck.

Also I had Flu 14 years ago and was bedridden for 2 weeks, I only got out of bed once and that was for my youngest daughters christening. Then about 6 months ago I stood, bare foot, on an upturned plug.

Tell you what, I know women take the piss about "man flu" but once you've had the flu for real you NEVER refer to a cold as one. It's an absolute fucking 'mare and puts you on your arse for at least a week. You can see why so many people have died from it.

I remember during the height of the fever I was putting together a mosiac for the Roman Emperor. I then realised I was on my bedroom floor and was self aware enough to realise I was hallucinating and got my arse back into bed

Tell you what, I know women take the piss about "man flu" but once you've had the flu for real you NEVER refer to a cold as one. It's an absolute fucking 'mare and puts you on your arse for at least a week. You can see why so many people have died from it.

I remember during the height of the fever I was putting together a mosiac for the Roman Emperor. I then realised I was on my bedroom floor and was self aware enough to realise I was hallucinating and got my arse back into bed

Too fucking right, I still get annoyed when people in our place take a day off work and blame the flu. When I had it, I didn't know what was wrong with me, I honestly thought i was on deaths door until the quack told me it was flu.

Glandular fever.

That shit put me on my arse. Was in hospital for a couple of days but was off sick for about 4 months. I can't describe how little energy I had. When I finally felt well enough to go out of the house to the shops I had a moment where I didn't know where the fuck I was, scary.

Reckon bad shithouse AIDS has got nothing on that.

To be honest, while I was off work I was overseeing my house refurbishment which didn't help my recovery. That fucking house is what caused it in the first place too I think, constantly grafting and worrying.

Too fucking right, I still get annoyed when people in our place take a day off work and blame the flu. When I had it, I didn't know what was wrong with me, I honestly thought i was on deaths door until the quack told me it was flu.

Blates mate. As I said earlier on I had it coupled with a lovely bacterial throat infection which turned my whole throat yellow and made drinking even water like swallowing Razors. Was the sickest I've ever been in my life and touch wood I'll never do it again.

Chicken pox during my finals. I passed out during two of the exams and I lost over a stone in weight. I halucinated that I missed my last exam the day after doing it and passed out smashing my head on a sideboard which gave me concussion. Got run over by a car when I was 8 which broke my collar bone and damaged my scapula - dont recall to much for obvious reasons but I was hospital for 3 weeks and had two operations.

I had the Flu in January just gone. Started with a constant cough and ended up with me in the quacks, shaking like a shitting dog, with a temperature of 39.4oC. I stayed off work for a week and it took me a good 6 weeks to fully recover from that.

I used to get Tonsillitus (sp?) a lot as a kid too. Doctor wouldn't send me to have my tonsils taken out. Kept umming and arring before telling me I was too old for it.

I'm also part of the charity group DNA............National Dyslexic Association :ninja:

*I'll fetch me coat*

I had the flu February and March last year, took me 9 weeks to get over it, it was 5 weeks before i could get out of bed for more than enough time to say good bye to the kids. I actually cracked a rib the coughing was so violent. Some days i really thought death would be less painful. I've had pneumonia and whilst that took a while to recover from the pain was no where near as bad as that flu dose.

Edit, i've also had , broken legs, labour x 4, miscarriages a large ruptured ovarian cyst ect...

If i had the choice i'd do labour all over again before i had that flu.

Strep throat.

1 week of throat agony, fever, walk to the bogs wrapped in a blanket is a strength-sapping journey, waking up in the middle of the night sweltering with sheets + matress soaked in cold sweat, talking to dead celebrities in middle of the night in malaria-like fever hallucinations.

Fun.

Strep throat.

1 week of throat agony, fever, walk to the bogs wrapped in a blanket is a strength-sapping journey, waking up in the middle of the night sweltering with sheets + matress soaked in cold sweat, talking to dead celebrities in middle of the night in malaria-like fever hallucinations.

Fun.

You sound like my little brother. The mental twat thought his digital alarm clock was out to get him and he cut through the live mains wire with metal scissors in a similar state.