You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stabbing burglars 'will be legal'

dennis tooth

Clarke's words were deeply irresponsible and almost criminal, like incitement to kill. It's law making without a mandate. Booooo.

Not to mention headline-making without actually doing anything.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
yeah i bet you're in the pro-downing signing camp as well.

Firstly, I don't talk about those matters here. Secondly, yeah, I'm well known to be in that camp.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
damn fucking right someone nicks my mrs kettle they are getting pistol whipped.

Is that your dead wife's kettle, or somebody else?

I think the current law is pretty adequate.

In England? I don't really agree. I don't care what you're doing, but if you intrude where I'm living? I'm going to batter you. Making it legal is fair dos, because in my mind, someone entering your house without consent is equal to assault.

In England? I don't really agree. I don't care what you're doing, but if you intrude where I'm living? I'm going to batter you. Making it legal is fair dos, because in my mind, someone entering your house without consent is equal to assault.

You already can, you can use a cricket bat.

The fat drug dealing cunt isn't actually telling us anything we don't already know. The law, as far back as the bill of rights, has always said that reasonable force, and any legally held weapon, can be used in defence of yourself and your property- and indeed in the prevention of crime. Reasonable being defined as what the man on the clapham omnibus considers to be reasonable in the circumstances. Which is sufficient force to remove or nullify the threat, and no more. Should a burglar enter my home, and through fear of the unknown I arm myself with a poker (yes, I own a poker. I also have a coal fire and outside toilet- that's camerons bloody britain), and the burglar advances toward me- it would be reasonable to believe that he meant to do me harm, I can remove the threat of violence by rendering him unconcious with said poker. However, once unconcious I cannot continue beating him, nor could I persue him and smash his brains in. That is the law and it is unlikely that they will change it to allow violence beyond that which is necessary.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Making what legal? It's already legal to defend yourself with appropriate force. They're not changing it so you can put some kid into a coma for swiping your £39 Asda DVD player. In fact, they'll be changing it very little. It's a Daily Mail reader appeasement.

I've got a set of nunchaku ready for deployment should some scrotes ever decide to enter my house. I'll be getting all Bruce Lee on their arse. The Samurai swords are purely for beheading that fucking creature I call my ex, should she ever find out where I live.

My general view on all this dogshit with human rights in the case of burglars is they leave their rights behind once they break into your house. Why should it be your fault your dog bit half his/her arse off? Why are you the one in the shit for defending YOUR property that YOU have had to GO TO WORK to PAY for while some little scruffy twat can just pop your door or window have your stuff. It's fucking wrong.

I'm declaring open season on scumbags and softarse do gooders.

Before I disappear to get ready to re enact Hostel on some tea leaf that breaks into my house. Here's s small afterthought on Political Correctness, seeing as it was mentioned by someone earlier. Political Correctness is the language of cowardice.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I've got a set of nunchaku ready for deployment should some scrotes ever decide to enter my house. I'll be getting all Bruce Lee on their arse. The Samurai swords are purely for beheading that fucking creature I call my ex, should she ever find out where I live.

My general view on all this dogshit with human rights in the case of burglars is they leave their rights behind once they break into your house. Why should it be your fault your dog bit half his/her arse off? Why are you the one in the shit for defending YOUR property that YOU have had to GO TO WORK to PAY for while some little scruffy twat can just pop your door or window have your stuff. It's fucking wrong.

Before I disappear to get ready to re enact Hostel on some tea leaf that breaks into my house. Here's s small afterthought on Political Correctness, seeing as it was mentioned by someone earlier. Political Correctness is the language of cowardice.

Political correctness gone mad, isn't it Stew?

I'm not sure whether I should find you amusing or a bit scary and weird.

What's the usual response when you meet people?

I'm not sure whether I should find you amusing or a bit scary and weird.

What's the usual response when you meet people?

I'm a nice enough bloke.

I just get wound up at the thought that when some scrotes nicks your stuff, you can't give the cunt a good hiding and the police never seem to be able to do much when it comes to finding whoever ever did it.

Stabbing or shooting anyone is a bit extreme, sending them packing in handcuffs with a good physical warning should be sufficient.