You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

“I’m pleased John is so up to speed on using a social networking site,” said Dalglish of the American’s praise of Aquilani. “We will judge every player on what they do.”

Little bit of tension there? This is why I don't like it because it opens the door for journalists to run straight to Kenny and pester him about it.

Maybe I am old school, but I really don't like the owners making pronouncements on the playing squad which could be spun as undermining the manager, even though there is no chance that is the intention.

Kenny should not be being put in a position where he has to comment on his bosses opinion, and it's noteworthy that he swerved backing it up.

I don't see much wrong in what Henry said or did, and I think the power base is with Kenny and not John Henry. JH knows that he cannot tell Kenny what to do.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mind him complimenting players but he shouldn't really involve himself in team politics. It's the manager who decides who should be here and who should go elsewhere. I'm not too arsed really besides he is a new fan alongside the fact he is trying to be open to fans but still learning where the line is as many fans are hypersensitive, some applaud him for those comments and others go mental, he'll quickly discover himself his PR boundaries.

I don't see much wrong in what Henry said or did, and I think the power base is with Kenny and not John Henry. JH knows that he cannot tell Kenny what to do.

Sadly wrong

John Henry can tell Kenny whatever he likes. Kenny is an employee of Henry’s. Henry was also very stupid to make those comments. It may be perceived as OK in Baseball to comment on team issues, but not here. I hope he has been told this. If he hasn’t, then should he say it again I would expect you will see many many people on his twitter account telling him to shut up commenting on issues like this.

“I’m pleased John is so up to speed on using a social networking site,” said Dalglish of the American’s praise of Aquilani. “We will judge every player on what they do.”

Little bit of tension there? This is why I don't like it because it opens the door for journalists to run straight to Kenny and pester him about it.

Maybe I am old school, but I really don't like the owners making pronouncements on the playing squad which could be spun as undermining the manager, even though there is no chance that is the intention.

Kenny should not be being put in a position where he has to comment on his bosses opinion, and it's noteworthy that he swerved backing it up.

Completely agree, it leaves the chance for the media to spin it and although they may have no basis to do so it has the potential to cause unnecessary tension.

"I'm pleased John is so up to speed on using a social networking site," said Dalglish of the American's praise of Aquilani. "We will judge every player on what they do."

I agree with this

Christ! 8 pages cos John Henry commented on a couple of players. Lst time I looked he owned the club. Has he not got the right to express his opinion? Some people on here need to get a life and get some other healthy interests rather than getting worlked up over a few comments about LFC. Save yourselves

Guest ShoePiss
Christ! 8 pages cos John Henry commented on a couple of players. Lst time I looked he owned the club. Has he not got the right to express his opinion? Some people on here need to get a life and get some other healthy interests rather than getting worlked up over a few comments about LFC. Save yourselves

He does own the club and I don't think he should be commenting on this kind of thing. Let Kenny and his coaching team be the focal point for the playing staff and John Henry can be left to deal with things at the level he's actually at.

We all have a right to express an opinion, we don't have to agree.

Tonight I'm sailing from Astoria to the straights of Juan De Fuca, for fun. It should be interesting but they don't call it the graveyard of the Pacific for nothing so I'm not sure it's healthy. When I get back next week if John Henry has been shooting his mouth off about players I might just get a little worked up.