You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
What's your qualifications for having one? He knows more about the inner workings of a club than you considering he owns one.

How bout watching the game and being obsessed with it for the best part of 30 years? He's a sharp fella and no doubt has a fast learning curve but still.

I know more about football than Henry.

My true opinion is this: I don't care what John Henry's opinion is about anything related to football, because he isn't qualified to fucking have one.

I may be a forum peasant but f*cking hell, have a bit of respect for the man.

You earn respect. He hasn't done anything to earn mine yet.

I hear you SL and honestly i think we need some dissenting voices like yours to keep these guys on their toes, but also try and keep some perspective. We did sign Suarez and Carrol last season and we aren't even close to the end of the transfer window yet. I don't think we know the full picture of what is happening behind the scenes.

23 million on Suarez and 30 odd on Carroll deserves a bit of respect considering the last owners would have channelled that money to a bank account in the Caymans.

Well, perhaps.

Although one would assume that any new owner wanting to get "onside" with the fans would allow the monies received for our top striker that we didn't want to sell - and who left because he (correctly) ascertained that Chelsea were better placed to win trophies - should be chanelled straight back into the team.

We bought two players with the funds generated from the sale of another player. I'm not going to start prostrating myself in front of him for that.

You can, if you want.

We've been burnt once too often.

I hear you SL and honestly i think we need some dissenting voices like yours to keep these guys on their toes, but also try and keep some perspective. We did sign Suarez and Carrol last season and we aren't even close to the end of the transfer window yet. I don't think we know the full picture of what is happening behind the scenes.

Absolutely not. I agree.

Which is why this series of tweets means precisely fuck all. Which is my point.

Just as a bit of fun....

A senior TLW forum poster and member of the TLW family has raised the spectre of nuclear conflict in the transfer forum if Henry doesn't come close to signing a huge superstar name.

Prince Silver Lining, a former banned intelligence chief and ambassador to LFC, warned senior FSG officials that the existence of non signings "would compel me as a top poster and dark cloud of the forum … to pursue policies which could lead to untold and possibly dramatic consequences".

He did not state explicitly what these policies would be, but a senior official TLW who is close to Silver Lining said yesterday his message was clear.

"We cannot live in a situation where SLur has nuclear players and we don't. It's as simple as that," the official said. "If SLur develops a nuclear player, that will be unacceptable to us and we will have to follow suit."

Absolutely nothing wrong with what Silverlining posted, just an honest opinion.

But, I'm assuming JH is repeating the mantra explained to him by Kenny, Clarke and Comolli.

I highly doubt those three are sat at home, reading his Tweet and going "fuck me, he said what?"

Regardless of his lack of knowledge about the attacking attributes of Michael Kightly, he knows business, and he can smell a cunt. You want the right people aboard when you take on a project, and I trust him to get that right. After all, he got Kenny, Clarke and Comolli on board. That's a pretty good fucking start.

He's right, be patient. United have got in there early so what? There'll be more players to pick from, better players even, just have a bit of patience. De Gea, not an option for us, so what if the Mancs got him? I'm actually delighted they got him rather than a more experienced keeper, he speaks fuck all English and has no other Spaniards in the squad, for a 21 year old I'd have baulked at paying what they did for someone like that.

Phil Jones? Yeah we were interested but he preferred to go to United, despite us offering more for him. Game over, nothing more to talk about.

Ashley Young? Same as above, wanted to go to them, nothing we can do.

Besides which, he only got 3 goals from open play in the PL last season, did you realise that?

What it does mean is that United are now out of the market when the next CB or winger comes along in the next two months. It could be Hazard, or Sakho, or Hummels, or Bale, or anyone. There's a Copa America coming up, that'll throw up another 10 names or so that haven't been mentioned before.

My personal opinion is that we are only 3 players away from really challenging, maybe even 2 players if we stay injury free. A decent CB and a winger, even one winger will do.

I think we could even have a light Summer on the transfer front and get away with it, as long as we're in touching distance come the January window, we're not afraid to spend money in either window.

Just chill out, we're fucking ace.

My personal opinion is that we are only 3 players away from really challenging, maybe even 2 players if we stay injury free. A decent CB and a winger, even one winger will do.

I think we could even have a light Summer on the transfer front and get away with it, as long as we're in touching distance come the January window, we're not afraid to spend money in either window.

Correct. Where are they?

So what I've learned here is that if you state the obvious (Henry doesn't have a clue about Football) you'll be met with abuse. He didn't even know what it was less than a year ago, it's a completely reasonable assessment of his knowledge of the sport.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what Silverlining posted, just an honest opinion.

No, silly. Everyone who owns a club knows the inner workings of it, and as such make great decisions every time.

Like appointing Avram Grant as a manager. For example.

You need to take a step back and judge.

There hasn't been anything to be concerned about, unless you think us not spending £10+ Million on a young player is something to be concerned about.

Let the man get on with his job. There is keeping him on his toes, but then there is this piss take.

Guest ShoePiss
But, I'm assuming JH is repeating the mantra explained to him by Kenny, Clarke and Comolli.

I highly doubt those three are sat at home, reading his Tweet and going "fuck me, he said what?"

Regardless of his lack of knowledge about the attacking attributes of Michael Kightly, he knows business, and he can smell a cunt. You want the right people aboard when you take on a project, and I trust him to get that right. After all, he got Kenny, Clarke and Comolli on board. That's a pretty good fucking start.

He's right, be patient. United have got in there early so what? There'll be more players to pick from, better players even, just have a bit of patience. De Gea, not an option for us, so what if the Mancs got him? I'm actually delighted they got him rather than a more experienced keeper, he speaks fuck all English and has no other Spaniards in the squad, for a 21 year old I'd have baulked at paying what they did for someone like that.

Phil Jones? Yeah we were interested but he preferred to go to United, despite us offering more for him. Game over, nothing more to talk about.

Ashley Young? Same as above, wanted to go to them, nothing we can do.

Besides which, he only got 3 goals from open play in the PL last season, did you realise that?

What it does mean is that United are now out of the market when the next CB or winger comes along in the next two months. It could be Hazard, or Sakho, or Hummels, or Bale, or anyone. There's a Copa America coming up, that'll throw up another 10 names or so that haven't been mentioned before.

I can probably count on one hand the amount of posts I've made in the transfer thread, I'm not arsed about it at all at this point. My opinions will be formed at the end of the window.

Guest davelfc
I can probably count on one hand the amount of posts I've made in the transfer thread, I'm not arsed about it at all at this point. My opinions will be formed at the end of the window.

How boring and sensible of you.

You need to take a step back and judge.

There hasn't been anything to be concerned about, unless you think us not spending £10+ Million on a young player is something to be concerned about.

Let the man get on with his job. There is keeping him on his toes, but then there is this piss take.

What pisstake?

All I can see is loads of people falling over themselves to spunk in their kecks about a load of utterly meaningless tweets, while simultaneously trying to pretend that everyone we don't sign we didn't want anyway, and anyone we are trying to sign - but haven't yet, and loads of people don't want anyway - is merely a "smokescreen" for Martinez/ Mata/ Sanchez/ Aguero/ someone else expensive and highly-rated that we have no chance of signing.

So far, we haven't signed anyone we need, or anyone who will certainly improve us as a team.

We might rectify that, but at best it's going to be Downing and Adam to add to the rather underwhelming Henderson.

And deep down, we all know it.

Now, those three - if we eventually sign them, as Kenny wants to - will probably improve our team/ squad, but our priorities are DM, LB, and a quick attacking option. If we get those as well as Downing/ Adam/ Henderson, great.

But I have a nasty feeling we won't

Correct. Where are they?

On a beach with their phones switched off, being wanked off by Thai whores.

Don't know why we felt the need to even buy Henderson this soon to be honest, there were no other official bids.

The Mancs felt they had to rush in for De Gea, Young and Jones because we were sniffing around for two of them, and no doubt Barca or someone else would have sounded out De Gea.

But aside from a few players there aren't many players demanding to leave their clubs at the moment, ergo, there's been no rush to head off another club.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect most people associated with football to have the month of June off to relax.

Come 1st July, it's a different story, and I fully expect us to be working as hard as any other club in assessing the squad and our targets.

But I do find JH's timing of his tweet to be odd, considering we just missed out on a target said to be the future of English football, and then to say what he said.

I don't buy into the Wickham hype to be honest, but I'm assuming we had a very good look at him and decided he wasn't worth the investment. I'm positive Wickham's agent would have been on the phone to us to try and get us to push the price up, as for who answered the phone, I don't know.

Odd as it may be I find myself agreeing with Silverlining, I would prefer to have the best possible players for each position within the parameters the manager sets for this coming season, not "possibly, if all things work out as planned", for the following season or season after. The Arsenal model (that we seem to copy) is a great start, but it only goes so far, as has been seen.

Guest davelfc
Ha! Says mister safety in mind vitamin D popper :)

That's the spirit, now throw some toys out of your pram like everyone else.