You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like his style. Both the concept of engaging with the fans like that and the way he is going about it.

I realize that this could be anything from him genuinely wanting to engage with the fanbase to pure flat out cynical spin to cover up a lack of progress, but I will definitely give him (and FSG) the benefit of the doubt for now.

Guest ShoePiss
What has been said to make anyone think any differently?

Some tweeted platitudes from a bloke who knows nothing about football?

Are we that naive?

"Oh, look he's chatting to some 'fans'! Hooray! All is well!"

I don't give a merry fuck waht he says, or thinks.

I just want us to buy some more top quality players like Suarez, because we STILL need a CB, a CM, a LB and a wide attacker with pace and goals in him.

It's a nice touch and no more than that, completely agree with what you're saying. People are easily star struck I think.

He doesn't have to say shit though so for that alone it's good to see.

That was my first thought. He is not doing this because he is bored on a Wednesday afternoon. Hope I am wrong.

We won't know for sure until one of two things happen:

A) The signing of a player of the level of Suarez (Aguero, Hazard, Sanchez etc.)

B) September 1st. If there isn't a significant net spend in this window, I think it is pretty safe to assume that we've been strung along (again).

Good, cos he's the fucking expert on what we need isn't he?

No short-term fixes like Gary Mac. He was shit wasn't he?

And that fucking Babbel, how old was he when he joined? 28? Useless old bastard.

By far and away the worst established poster on this forum.

Did you happen to be 'the rule' on another forum? If so it would explain a lot, if not then fuck knows why you are like that.

What has been said to make anyone think any differently?

Some tweeted platitudes from a bloke who knows nothing about football?

Personally, I just think it's great that we now have people in charge at the club who don't have you worrying about what the next embarrassing thing to come out of their mouth will be. With G&H and Roy I dreaded any bit of PR/interview/press conference/etc.

Good, cos he's the fucking expert on what we need isn't he?

No short-term fixes like Gary Mac. He was shit wasn't he?

And that fucking Babbel, how old was he when he joined? 28? Useless old bastard.

Dear silverlining,

Open your mouth, brace yourself, and slurp on my cock.

Fondly,

Llego

I think it's fair to say that if Mr Henry wasn't feeling the pressure before, he is now. I bet we sign someone foreign and young and very expensive in the very near future. He has to make a statement of intent through action after these tweets.

That was my first thought. He is not doing this because he is bored on a Wednesday afternoon. Hope I am wrong.

Or he's just easing the worries after hysterical wankers have taken over Liverpool websites after we missed out on a player from the championship? And no doubt been spamming him all day on twitter because of it.

I doubt he's spinning after a lack of progress, its June!!! Its pretty normal to have not done a lot at this stage unless Barcelona, Inter, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs etc etc are all in complete crisis aswell?

Jonah545711 Simon Jones

@John_W_Henry are we making progress on the new stadium plans?

@Jonah545711 Simon, an incredible amount of work has been underway on this issue. It would be helpful for fans to get an official update.

Nice the way he's addressing people by name. It's a nice touch

Hmmmm...

LFCNigerian Abuh Amodu

@

@John_W_Henry Sir what is going on.. things is not going according to plan. u promiss early signing. noting happen. Man u 3 player now

Fucking hell. I mean FUCK-ING HELL!! With that standard of English, how is this guy ever going to spam emails telling people that he has a shitload of cash to deposit into their bank accounts, if only they can pass on their details?

Twitter. All you need is a pulse.

Are people really expecting an overhaul of the 1st eleven though?

As JWH said we were VERY competitive under Dalglish, maybe a tweak here and there and add a little squad depth. But we are not going to see a totally new team next season.

Guest ShoePiss

So what I've learned here is that if you state the obvious (Henry doesn't have a clue about Football) you'll be met with abuse. He didn't even know what it was less than a year ago, it's a completely reasonable assessment of his knowledge of the sport.

Absolutely nothing wrong with what Silverlining posted, just an honest opinion.