You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newish to this, but ardent fan of over 30 years and season ticket holder...We must trust FSG and not label with previous owners attributes.....they said the right things but quickly didn't deliver, Henry has already delivered to an extent with players and manager and is engaging with fans in an open and understandable way considering apart from the transfers mentioned their has been very little activity at all.. lets see the next few weeks now vacations are over.....I trust because we need too

I totally disagree. Trust is earned. They have been here so shortly as to not earn anything but healthy distrust. If they do come good, then great. If they don't, then we will need new owners. No one knows which it will be based on what they have done so far.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally disagree. Trust is earned. They have been here so shortly as to not earn anything but healthy distrust. If they do come good, then great. If they don't, then we will need new owners. No one knows which it will be based on what they have done so far.

Spot on. I've been quite impressed by them so far, but they have also done a few questionable things like the new ticket arrangements and I thought they dithered over sacking woy too long. Not to mention sanctioning a half blue kit!

I don't see how anyone can have a problem with people saying wait and see. How they handle the new stadium / redeveloping Anfield will also go a long way towards how I feel about them.

Saying that it's no use getting into a panic now, they have made a reasonably good start and things will be a lot clearer in a month or so re our transfer targets.

I am actually quite relieved we haven't completed all our transfer business before July 1st. That would have meant spunking the whole budget on overpriced english players and no prospect of foreign fancy dan types to make us drool and ooh and aaah on a wet Wednesday night.

If we had signed Downing and Young and Wickham we would basically be Villa with an unproven Ipswich striker. Then a couple more signings , say Dann or someone similar and a left back would that really be enough to bring us the title? Would that have everyone confident that we are going to get the top 4 spot?

We have a strategy of buying young players but within that policy there is a lot of room for Kenny and DC to work. It's true that Henry doesn't have a footballing background but that doesn't have to be a significant handicap to our success (as long as he's not personally deciding which players we will or won't buy). Better to have Henry with a willingness to learn what he doesn't know than some overbearing Chairman who thinks he knows more than the manager and everybody else. (Abramovitch for example)

I say hold fire until we are approaching the end of the window. If we haven't signed anyone decent, then by all means twatter the man and give him both barrels but until then, remember that we are playing high stakes poker. Lets enjoy being at the table for a bit.

I agree. Theres a tendency for some on here to do the whole mongish superfan routine. "How dare you question our new wonderful owners" when all someone says is something along the lines of "Lets not all let them get too comfy just yet, be nice but keep an eye on them" .

Fact is no one has a fucking clue whats up, someone made the point earlier that the latest stuff seems like very well timed spin to placate the masses. But funny thing is I remember Henry tweeting stuff like this back in January a few weeks before Carroll and Suarez signed. So for all we know we're a week away from signing Lionel fucking Messi(bad example I know).

But fact is, both sides don't have a clue. Superfans queuing up to suck their cocks piss me off just as much as the mongs comparing them to Hicks and Gillette.

Lets wait till September and pass judgement eh.

Have got a feeling that after what he put on twitter those words might be backed up with one or two decent signings soon. We might get someone over the next week or so, or things might drag on a bit during the next month without much happening, but am starting to be quite a bit more confident that we're going to get things sorted out before the window shuts.

And if the funds are there the last thing they'll want is a repeat of what happened in january, so we might not be far off bringing new players in.

Spot on. I've been quite impressed by them so far, but they have also done a few questionable things like the new ticket arrangements and I thought they dithered over sacking woy too long. Not to mention sanctioning a half blue kit!

I don't see how anyone can have a problem with people saying wait and see. How they handle the new stadium / redeveloping Anfield will also go a long way towards how I feel about them.

Saying that it's no use getting into a panic now, they have made a reasonably good start and things will be a lot clearer in a month or so re our transfer targets.

Eh?

Its white, with cyan adidas stripes, logo and one small stripe, hardly half blue :p

I'm quite happy the likes of Wickham and Dann passed us by. Wickham fit the bill of young player with potential, but he doesn't have world class potential, else he'd have done a lot more at Championship level. Spending 13 mill on an 18 year old, you would want them to have genuine world class potential. They obviously realise he doesn't have that ability and so passed. Good on them (though I probably would have said the same about Henderson and they bought him for 16 mill).

I'm willing to wait a month to see what comes through before making any genuine comments on how the transfer window goes.

I don't think Henry should be responding to transfer rumours on twitter. In fact I don't like the idea he's commenting about us on twitter at all. He should just keep his powder dry and release statements when he's got something meaningful to say. What's the point in saying the fans need to know more about the stadium and then saying fuck all.

His comments raise more questions than the answer for me as he clearly said we were not going for players of a certain age. Well what's the cut off point? Is it 28 or 28 if they cost of £10m or is it 30? What's going to be their policy on existing players, is it the same? Will they operate like Arsenal and only offer players over 30 reduced terms over 12 month deals.

I agree with Code and Silverlining, we can't discount players because of their age, there are a number of older players out there who could more than do a good job for us.

Of all the threads to suggest signing Forlan, you pick this one.

If John Henry tweets tomorrow we will only sign black players you will soon be on here suggesting Scott Parker and Kevin Davies.

John Henry is not saying we will ONLY EVER BUY YOUNG PLAYERS.

You may think that's what he said, but he didn't say it.

Good God, and people complain about FSG not updating the fans on this, that and the other, and you fucking wonder why? As soon as they open their mouths, or use Twatter, we've got a rabble of fucking professional psycho-analysts and linguologists telling us what he really meant.

John Henry is not saying we will ONLY EVER BUY YOUNG PLAYERS.

You may think that's what he said, but he didn't say it.

Good God, and people complain about FSG not updating the fans on this, that and the other, and you fucking wonder why? As soon as they open their mouths, or use Twatter, we've got a rabble of fucking professional psycho-analysts and linguologists telling us what he really meant.

Return of the spack.

74981gif.jpg

Correct. Where are they?

you do fuckin relise the European market hasn't even fuckin opened yet?

have a little bit of patience ffs, there is still like a month or two left in the transfer market, and no other club apart from united has spent over 10 mil yet and have improved their team.

This guy is a smart business man with particular experience in sports. So he is no fool; Obviously he's deliberate, meticulous and very selective when it comes to buying players. Let's give him time, I believe he will deliver; not merely to make we fans happy, mind you, in deed for the success of his project in which he has invested so much. Patience is a virtue here. But if we're still dreaming of instant success we're in for a disappointment.

Are people really expecting an overhaul of the 1st eleven though?

Yes.

Unfortunately, a season out of Europe is giving most top players second thoughts about coming here. That's something that hasn't hit home to some fans yet. But it's certainly hit me. It might hit the rest in mid-September, when half the league is playing in Europe, while we're waiting to play Wolves.

The squad will change, but the replacements are likely to be suitable for a club in our position, as they have been already.

Interesting to see that after so much pain and suffering with the last owners that so many are so quick to jump in with the blind trust with the new crowd.

They are money men first and foremost. They want to make money out of this club. That’s ok by me as long as the money is made through success, but nobody should fool themselves that they are in this for a love of us or football or sport.

They’ve done some good, and they’ve done some bad. My first real personal judgement of how I think they are doing will come on September 1st. I thought the twitter thing was a bit embarrassing, but worse was to follow with people telling him how great he was for talking to us, despite the fact he was saying absolutely fuck all. I think he needs to stay off twitter with regards to our club.

You earn trust. And after the last 4 years , there is a long long way to go for another set of owners to earn that trust.

If others think I am being negative or whatever then that’s fine. But I’m neither positive or totally negative yet. I’m not impressed with the summer business so far, but it is early days. I don’t like the continued silence over the stadium. Even a slight update would be nice. But we’ll see. If in September we are in the same place, then I will start to worry that we’ve left the frying pan and headed straight for the fire.

Interesting to see that after so much pain and suffering with the last owners that so many are so quick to jump in with the blind trust with the new crowd.

They are money men first and foremost. They want to make money out of this club. That’s ok by me as long as the money is made through success, but nobody should fool themselves that they are in this for a love of us or football or sport.

They’ve done some good, and they’ve done some bad. My first real personal judgement of how I think they are doing will come on September 1st. I thought the twitter thing was a bit embarrassing, but worse was to follow with people telling him how great he was for talking to us, despite the fact he was saying absolutely fuck all. I think he needs to stay off twitter with regards to our club.

You earn trust. And after the last 4 years , there is a long long way to go for another set of owners to earn that trust.

If others think I am being negative or whatever then that’s fine. But I’m neither positive or totally negative yet. I’m not impressed with the summer business so far, but it is early days. I don’t like the continued silence over the stadium. Even a slight update would be nice. But we’ll see. If in September we are in the same place, then I will start to worry that we’ve left the frying pan and headed straight for the fire.

I may be taking that out of context regarding the rest of your post if so i apologise but i dont agree at all.

There are lots of easier ways to make money than sport. I'm not overly optimistic but you have to go on track records, It fucking boils my piss to see people make the same comparisons over and over about H&G and FSG. for fuck sake look a the track records. Everything H&G touch has turned to shit, us included. FSG have turned around an ailing giant of a baseball team in to a roaring success both on an off the pitch, their Motorsport interests are doing quite well too. I think there are 14 different investors that make up the FSG board? not two fuckwits who hated each other from the get go.

They know fuck all about football, they admit that and then go out and get the men who do. We have the manager we always wanted, the DoF most would have chosen and a number two in Clarke that everyone has to admit has been very successful. We had six months of a broken season almost turned around at the end of last year. Everything else will follow including quality players.

I'm sick of hearing the same old arguments. I'm not surprised at all that some of the old hands have turned their back on this site. The mentality of some would drive you to despair (thats not aimed at you johnny).

It seems to be a case of damned if you do and damned if you dont, regarding information about the club coming from the owners.

I may be taking that out of context regarding the rest of your post if so i apologise but i dont agree at all.

There are lots of easier ways to make money than sport. I'm not overly optimistic but you have to go on track records' date=' It fucking boils my piss to see people make the same comparisons over and over about H&G and FSG. for fuck sake look a the track records. Everything H&G touch has turned to shit, us included. FSG have turned around an ailing giant of a baseball team in to a roaring success both on an off the pitch, their Motorsport interests are doing quite well too. I think there are 14 different investors that make up the FSG board? not two fuckwits who hated each other from the get go. [/b']

They know fuck all about football, they admit that and then go out and get the men who do. We have the manager we always wanted, the DoF most would have chosen and a number two in Clarke that everyone has to admit has been very successful. We had six months of a broken season almost turned around at the end of last year. Everything else will follow including quality players.

I'm sick of hearing the same old arguments. I'm not surprised at all that some of the old hands have turned their back on this site. The mentality of some would drive you to despair (thats not aimed at you johnny).

It seems to be a case of damned if you do and damned if you dont, regarding information about the club coming from the owners.

This. They're not in the same league as H&G. We DON'T need to wait until september to see that.