Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

 

I can't, I miss the gap toothed, tubby cunt.

 

What I'd give for Chaz to be lacing up his boots tomorrow.

Same. Chuck Adam whipping 10m corners in to Big Andy. Phwoaar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Tombstone Teeth.  I know we bandy about worst ever signings, but him and Downing in that 2011 window were fucking awful.  Big Damien has a lot to answer for.

 

 

I thought downing was the worst.

He was undoubtedly a talented football he just didnt have the desire. 

Compare his attitude to that of say Henderson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Tombstone Teeth.  I know we bandy about worst ever signings, but him and Downing in that 2011 window were fucking awful.  Big Damien has a lot to answer for.

 

 

 

Was it him or Kenny that went for them. 

Kind of feels Kenny trying to replicate his 442 at Blackburn a bit. With Carroll up top and Henderson and Downing wide. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I thought downing was the worst.

He was undoubtedly a talented football he just didnt have the desire. 

Compare his attitude to that of say Henderson.

i listened to a podcast with Downing the other week, and in fairness, i dont think he lacked desire, because he chose us over Arsenal. 

 

he lacked confidence and self belief more than anything. 

 

he mentioned a time he was playing for England and how he envied how Rooney was so self assured compared to him. 

 

It was a good listen, and he came across as a very genuine, down to earth guy. 

 

He also found the pressure of playing for Liverpool difficult, particularly the intensity of the fans, not so much in the ground on match day, but going for a coffee in town, he said there was no let up, the waiter would be asking him about training games, then someone walking in the street the same, he said it was very full on, and hard to get to grips with 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

An absolute fucking cunt to shift on FM 2012 and for that reason I detest every fibre of his being.


When I play FM Mobile, I always start from the bottom division in ‘My Club’ mode and begin with a load of 16 year olds named after Liverpool greats or other football legends. Charlie Adam is one of the first names on the team sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

i listened to a podcast with Downing the other week, and in fairness, i dont think he lacked desire, because he chose us over Arsenal. 

 

he lacked confidence and self belief more than anything. 

 

he mentioned a time he was playing for England and how he envied how Rooney was so self assured compared to him. 

 

It was a good listen, and he came across as a very genuine, down to earth guy. 

 

He also found the pressure of playing for Liverpool difficult, particularly the intensity of the fans, not so much in the ground on match day, but going for a coffee in town, he said there was no let up, the waiter would be asking him about training games, then someone walking in the street the same, he said it was very full on, and hard to get to grips with 

I remember on his league debut he played well and hit the bar with a bullet of a shot from distance. If that had gone in would have done his confidence no end of good I think.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

I remember on his league debut he played well and hit the bar with a bullet of a shot from distance. If that had gone in would have done his confidence no end of good I think.

 

Against Sunderland? Pretty sure I was watching that in Bali. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/08/2015 at 19:50, Bjornebye said:

Alehouse cunt

 

On 09/08/2015 at 19:54, satansmutt said:

He's a dog fart!

 

 

On 09/08/2015 at 20:25, Stickman said:

Hate the fat gap toothed cunt 

 

On 09/08/2015 at 22:53, Dr Nowt said:

A fat dirty knacker of the highest order, and an ignoramus

 

On 10/08/2015 at 10:57, Bjornebye said:

He is a shithouse. 

 

On 10/08/2015 at 13:55, Ginny said:

Alehouse cunt

I hope he reads this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

That spherical fucker doesn't have any corners to speak of, ironically.

Last time I saw him was when he was at Anfield with Stoke and he was frowning into the Lower Kenny to see who had shouted "Fucking hell, I thought vertical stripes were supposed to be slimming!"

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

For whatever reason the sports channels over here are showing a Chaz Smash career retrospective, with interviews, vox pops, faux Philip Glass music and lots of footage of him kicking a ball hard then wheezing at the effort.

 

The useless cunt is gasping for air between justifying his lack of professionalism.

 

Remarkable lack of awareness of why his career went to shit and we, somehow, elevated his CV beyond any reasonable justification.

chas-smash-2e792f68-72b1-4dba-bcd2-67aed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KMD7 said:

I remember on his league debut he played well and hit the bar with a bullet of a shot from distance. If that had gone in would have done his confidence no end of good I think.

 

He actually said that himself, 

 

If he had of scored he'd have got the ground running, instead it took him 6 months to really feel comfortable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

He actually said that himself, 

 

If he had of scored he'd have got the ground running, instead it took him 6 months to really feel comfortable. 

I must have missed the part where he felt comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shushing the fans after scoring one goal a whole season is a real low from him. He was shit no matter if that goal would have gone in in his first game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I saw him was at Aintree races pissing in up in hospitality whilst on the injury list. Amongst other luminaries on his table was Fat Sham. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

i listened to a podcast with Downing the other week, and in fairness, i dont think he lacked desire, because he chose us over Arsenal. 

 

he lacked confidence and self belief more than anything. 

 

he mentioned a time he was playing for England and how he envied how Rooney was so self assured compared to him. 

 

It was a good listen, and he came across as a very genuine, down to earth guy. 

 

He also found the pressure of playing for Liverpool difficult, particularly the intensity of the fans, not so much in the ground on match day, but going for a coffee in town, he said there was no let up, the waiter would be asking him about training games, then someone walking in the street the same, he said it was very full on, and hard to get to grips with 

Yeah, I think I might have listened to that mate - was it undr the cosh? Great podcast that.

 

I was really impressed with Downing and how he spoke about the club. The esteem for Kenny and Stevie, plus he really seemed to understand the fans and the pressure in a really pragmatic way. He spoke really well about us. Could always see he had ability, but it seemed at times he wasn’t interested, but as you say, he struggled with confidence a lot.

 

Dont get the Adam hate. He wasn’t that bad when he was with us - nowhere near worst ever signings, which is the same with Downing. He did have that game where he was putting some disgraceful tackles in like, but that said, sone of the personal stuff our fans said about him, even when he was here, I think I’d be doing the same returning to that club.

 

After the Hodgson times, Kenny got that group playing some lovely stuff when he first put the team together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, A_S said:

Against Sunderland? Pretty sure I was watching that in Bali. 

 

Yeah, Suarez blazed over a penalty and it finished 1-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Shushing the fans after scoring one goal a whole season is a real low from him. He was shit no matter if that goal would have gone in in his first game.

Who did that mate? I can’t recall either doing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×