You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People have to keep the faith with signings like Adam and Henderson because these are the types of players Liverpool teams were bult on, players who didn't at first appear to be world beaters but who were chosen because they had the skills and attitude to slot into a team built on passing and hard graft.

S'funny. Are you ever right about anything?

• 3 months later...

Someone on TAW said they saw the whole Stoke squad in Euston train station last week.

One of them was in Burger King - Charlie Adam!

Praise the lard!

He hasn't signed yet, so before he does, i will voice my concern. I think he is overweight and slow, with his passing being massively overated. He takes a good set piece, but i fully expect him to flop and not be on the pitch to take them.

However, that said, i hope he turns out to be a great player and become an integral part in our pass and move philosophy.

He knew the score.

Whenever i think of Adams time here i just see this...

2wrmdcl.gif

What an utter bottle job that was.

Including wages he cost the club £6-8 million for his one season, thats presuming we didn't have to pay him off anymore cash to leave, woeful piece of buisness.

He knew the score.

Whenever i think of Adams time here i just see this...

2wrmdcl.gif

What an utter bottle job that was.

Including wages he cost the club £6-8 million for his one season, thats presuming we didn't have to pay him off anymore cash to leave, woeful piece of buisness.

Abomination of a post.

27 appearences, 2 goals, seven assists in the league last season.

Not my favorite player, not even close, but to deem him an expensive failure in the Joe Cole - league is wide off the mark.

Offered more to the squad than Allen, who we'll do well to get half what we paid for him back now.

They definately offer different things; Adam for instance offered us the opportunity to sign him for half of what we paid for Allen, offered us goals, and assists. He was poor defensively and I think Allen is better in that part of the game.

Edit: And he kicks Gareth Bale. Every chance he gets. That's worth £7m in itself.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Well then it's lucky for us that we'll not even consider selling him. I'd suggest you need to have a bit more patience with the young lad.

Allen gets worse every time his critics posts about him. He was very good, then he went off the boil. Probably due to the amount of games and the position he was playing.

Allen gets worse every time his critics posts about him. He was very good, then he went off the boil. Probably due to the amount of games and the position he was playing.

I like Allen and think he'll turn out a very good player just not sure where he fits into our side at the minute

Adam was good for us up until Lucas got injured and after that he was a bit shit and his set pieces were nowhere near as good as they were at Blackpool, right decision to let him go but I'm surprised he hasn't done better at Stoke

I like Allen and think he'll turn out a very good player just not sure where he fits into our side at the minute

That's the curious thing isn't it. Since we decided against the death by football thing and have gerrard in the role Allen played at Swansea, what you have is a squad player.