You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Early in to the summer I thought this would be a waste of time, I wanted us to go for McCarthy and build him into the side over the season. But as soon as pre-season started you could see that the moves just made sense. I think he's an absolute bargain.

Four games, two assists and a goal. Not a bad start.

He could become our next captain. He needs a player like Lucas legging around though. The coaching staff are obviusly working on his fitness / stamina as hes getting better game by game. His set piece delivery has to be one of the best around. If he could improve his positional sense and tackling a little he would be a very special player.

You always have to suspend judgment on a player when Dalglish is involved, because he can see the opportunities before us even when we can not. That's why he's the fucking King.

Indeed mate, he just is the king.

Loving the game again and seeing us play how we expect us to play is fucking great.

Having the king at the table just makes everything seem so right.

• 5 weeks later...

Despite the goals and assists, I still feel there's so much more to come from him.

But he needs to be freed up. I'd love to see him behind Suarez or Kuyt.

----------Kuyt----------

Suarez---Adam---Gerrard

-------Henderson--------

--------Spearing---------

He needs freedom to play, not be shackled to Lucas and trying to mop up in the centre circle.

Guest ShoePiss
Despite the goals and assists, I still feel there's so much more to come from him.

But he needs to be freed up. I'd love to see him behind Suarez or Kuyt.

----------Kuyt----------

Suarez---Adam---Gerrard

-------Henderson--------

--------Spearing---------

He needs freedom to play, not be shackled to Lucas and trying to mop up in the centre circle.

There better be more to come from him, he's 25 years old and coming into his peak years. I've got a lot of patience with the other summer signings due to age but Adam needs to go up a few levels pretty fast.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Get off his back, ye bastards! He's a passing machine, even if that machine has a broken cog. He's going to help us cut this league open like a can of fucking sardines. Oorah.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Most modern tanks have a top speed of 60mph.

Yeah, but they still can't shoot as hard, fast or accurately as our Charl.

I've officially reached my limit of negativity. I think we're sitting in a pretty comfortable place, especially considering we're a new team and we've been missing our best player. With a little more luck we're have won Sunderland and Stoke, taking us 1pt from the league. I think we're doing well, with another three gears to go.

• 1 year later...