You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has anyone been to Playa Blanca in Lanzarote?

JD74

Im thinking about booking a holiday to Playa Blanca in Lanzarote but have never been before and wonder if anyone had any advise?

Is it a nice place or a hole in the world?

Good trips or excursions?

Good or bad bars and restaurants?

Thanks everyone!!

Went on holiday there in 2006. Went with my sperm donating bloke I am supposed to call a father. I spent the whole 2 weeks fucking these three different birds and watching the aftermath that I had created between them.

I went on my own the first night into the main night out part and just got talking to a load of people. Had some quality nights out but its all about what you make it. I wasnt there for the volcano's and shit just to get pissed and sleep around. Its a Blackpool with decent weather.

If I was to go now though all growed up and with kids and stuff I would not go there.

Went in 2008 and loved it,but I'm easily pleased!

Great for families,not so good for singles. I believe Puerto Del Carmen is the lively place.

Didn't like Puerto Del Carmen. The harbour bit is nice if you're a couple or a family, but the main drag is shite, the bar area reminds me of a shrunken open air Runcorn Shopping City and the beach is awful. Got offered coke in daylight hours and it's full of Nigerians selling picnic coolers. All of whom kept calling me Rambo.

Didn't like Puerto Del Carmen. The harbour bit is nice if you're a couple or a family, but the main drag is shite, the bar area reminds me of a shrunken open air Runcorn Shopping City and the beach is awful. Got offered coke in daylight hours and it's full of Nigerians selling picnic coolers. All of whom kept calling me Rambo.

You must have been working out then or you were off your head and shooting everybody!

As for Playa Blanca,I recommend you get the ferry over to Corralejo in Fuerteventura,theyve got some really quiet beaches there.

Ignore my last post! Thats where I went Puerto del Carmen!

them fucking nigerians,was there last august and one of them was walking beside me the whole way up the main strip at the beach trying to sell me a fake watch..malignant cunt he was.the best thing about the whole two weeks was going home..the place is full of cunts.

weather was nice though.

them fucking nigerians,was there last august and one of them was walking beside me the whole way up the main strip at the beach trying to sell me a fake watch..malignant cunt he was.the best thing about the whole two weeks was going home..the place is full of cunts.

weather was nice though.

Judith Chalmers over here.

Playa Blanca is superb.best resort on the island .Its not really suited for singles,moreso couples and families but theres still plenty of solo talent about and if you want a mental one then Del carmen aint too far away.

Beaches are stunning,some of the best I've ever seen ,especially papagayo.

The marina is pretty decent ,some good resturants and bars there,some decent paddy bars for any games that are on tv if its suring the season..trips ,not really into them,much rather a decent beach so went to a load of beaches ,did the volcano,got a glass bottom catamaran over to los lobos island to dive on the coral reef ,did the submarine trip too .Also recommend going into Arrecife ,decent shopping for birds and blokes,far cheaper than the resorts ,masses of top spanish fanny ,lots of mental bars and some superb resturants .Theres also a beach right in the town ,so during siesta all the hot sales birds fuck off to the beach so plenty of viewing

Playa Blanca is far safer ,better quality and altogether nicer than anywhere else on lanza,can be a bit pricier but not by much.Definatly more policed ,and therefore less african con men.

• 6 years later...

Lanzarote one of the great places to visit in the canary island is one of my favorite and probably the most memorable one. I'm a heavy drinker and theres this one place in Lanzarote where they made the finest if not the greatest wine called bodegas, man that was very nice! But the main reason for my visit in Lanzarote is because of surfing. One of friends told me to go during the surfing season which is November-March and I did! And it didn't waste my time at all and money well spent. I almost forgot It's  the most memorable place for me because this is here I finally met her! Happily married for 7 yrs now with one lovely daughter. I'll be returning here anytime soon that's for sure. thanks for bringing back good old memories with this lovely. Anyways hope this link could help you learn more about this wonderful island :) 

• Upvote 1

Was there a few years ago when we beat Man U at Anfield 2-1. Tevez scored very early for them and we came back to win, think it was Robbie Keane and Ryan Babel with the goals.

Watched it in this outdoor bar with a load of other Scousers and a load of Mancs, about equal numbers, with us all segregating ourselves on opposite sides of the area in front of the big screen. Everyone got behind their team, slaughtered the opposition players but nobody said a word to the other set of fans, with everyone apparently desperate not to start anything on holiday while our wives were presumably sunning themselves either back at the pool or on the beach.

In other words, it was fucking surreal and quite bizarre.

Anyway........

I thought the place was quite good, a long promenade with a succession of nice beaches and loads of nice places to eat, from the harbour at one end where you can get the boat to Fuerteventura from, to the Marina at the other which was called The Rubicon if I'm remembering correctly.

We usually go to Greece and it was more expensive than there but not massively so, though I thought the Irish bars that have been mentioned were a bit too pricey.

I suppose I'd be happy to go back.